Elder scrolls religion

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
The divines at least they cure diseases, I don't know why everyone just doesn't go pray to them...The Daedra princes...well they are just plainly unplesant to deal with

Mechanical Cat Fish

May 16, 2009
I'm kind of a henotheistic Mara worshipper myself. As far as I can tell she's the goddess of love and science. Isn't that the best combination you've ever heard?

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
Dimitriov said:
Acrisius said:
Talos. That guy is a badass dude. Plus he's kinda like the Jesus of Tamriel, if you think about it...
If Jesus aborted babies against the mother's will :D

The healer, a High Elf of middle years, confirmed that Barenziah was indeed pregnant, and that such a thing had never before been known to happen. It was a testimony to His Excellency's potency, the healer said in sycophantic tones. Tiber Septim roared at him.
"This must not be!" he said. "Undo it. We command you."
"Sire," the healer gaped at him. "I cannot... I may not--"
"Of course you can, you incompetent dullard," the Emperor snapped. "It is our express wish that you do so."
Barenziah, till then silent and wide-eyed with terror, suddenly sat up in bed. "No!" she screamed. "No! What are you saying?"
"Child," Tiber Septim sat down beside her, his face wearing one of his winning smiles. "I'm so sorry. Truly. But this cannot be. Your issue would be a threat to my son and his sons. I shall no more put it plainly than that."
"The child I bear is yours!" she wailed.
"No. It is now but a possibility, a might-be, not yet gifted with a soul or quickened into life. I will not have it so. I forbid it." He gave the healer another hard stare and the Elf began to tremble.
"Sire. It is her child. Children are few among the Elves. No Elven woman conceives more than four times, and that is very rare. Two is the usual number. Some bear none, even, and some only one. If I take this one from her, Sire, she may not conceive again."
"You promised us she would not bear to us. We've little faith in your prognostications."
Barenziah scrambled naked from the bed and ran for the door, not knowing where she was going, only that she could not stay. She never reached it. Darkness overtook her.
To be fair it was waiting to happen to Barenziah, Considering she slept with everyone and their brother.

Not saying it's the right thing to do but in that world it was likely to happen.

Edit: As for the Original Question Daedra are the way to go, I Like Namira the best.

KingGolem

Jun 16, 2009
2: Daedric Princes

They generally have little to do with each other, so it's like a variety pack of religions. Also, when you would happen upon their little shrines (and giant statues) sequestered in the wilderness where the cultists would spend their days killing, screwing, committing suicide and doing drugs, it reminded me very much of the old Roman cults of Mars and Bacchus. I appreciate it when they throw a bone to my inner history nerd.

I know everyone loves Sheogorath because of the Shivering Isles expansion, but examined in terms of domain, I think I like Peryite the best, since he's the daedric prince of rules, order, and neatness. Also pestilence, but whatever.

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
I always liked Dagoth Ur and his sixith house cult. Eating corrupt flesh, fever dreams, controlling from a far. Sounds very much like Cthulhu.

or

Hail Sithis!

Lhynn

Oct 7, 2011
Wish i could go and hunt some of those daedra lords, just go to where they live, plunder their treasures, kill their minions and bang their heads agaist a wall.
well... azura is alright i guess and maybe nocturnal.
My characters are usually agnostics that believe in nothing but their own power...

Spitfire-IX

May 26, 2011
Talos here. only because they said I couldn't have it and if there is one thing I love its getting all up in the mans face.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
GLo Jones said:
There's no love for Sanguine here? You disappoint me Escapists.
Sanguine is my bro. Pretty sure he was even there when I proposed to...whoever my supposed fiance was supposed to be.

I've used his staff to kill plenty of otherwise peaceful NPCs.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Oh god the Daedra are so awesome. There's a prince for everything. Including lettuce. I mean madness.

Hell, I liked Sheogorath the most before Shivering Isles.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Areth_1138 said:
Definitely a Daedra worshiper here. They're like Greek Gods, they're petty, they make mistakes, and they get bored and use mortals for their own amusement. Anyone who EVER played a Black and White game will understand their position intimately.

They're also incredibly interesting and make for great characters. Sheogorath for example - who is a personal favorite of mine - is truly "chaotic neutral" and completely insane. And the scottish accent really sells that to me. Seriously, he might reward you for your help, or if the mood strikes him, teleport you 17 football fields in the air just to giggle as you fall to your death.

Aedra on the other hand (the Divines) don't take much interest in the mortal realm, and while being "good" never do much in the way of influencing events at all (except Akatosh that ONE time).
I so agree with you serious the Nine Divines BORING... But Deadra you can expect them to do weird stuff. Oh you want me to go there and find that item sounds "simple" [yes this is just the beginning of going all over the map WOOOO] They certainly make things interresting! And Sheogorath is a favourite of mine. Again he might just as well make your dead a hilarious one!

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Daedra worship. Simply because Sheogorath is my favourite character in the Elder Scrolls.

Wabbajack Wabbajack WABBAJACK!
hell to the fuck yes.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
I play as an Argonian, and they are said not to care about religion so much soooo.... yeah. I do tend to take the blessings of talos though, because I like to think that makes me seem more sympathetic towards the nordic cause. (them being rather xenophobic and all that)

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
Whoever gives me the most stuff. Simple as that.

However I am fond of Meridia. She sounds like a badass.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Acrisius said:
Vrach said:
Acrisius said:
Talos. That guy is a badass dude. Plus he's kinda like the Jesus of Tamriel, if you think about it...
Hmmm, if Jesus was an emperor of dragon blood who conquered the Earth and was able to shout enemies to death, I have to admit, I'd be a Christian myself :p

edited for a lore fail up there x.x

OT: Talos' awesomeness aside, Deadra are my favourite. I love them, they're like the Gods of Greek mythology, instead of being perfect, goody two shoes Gods, they're mostly just powerful jackasses :p

edit: oh and the Tribunal Gods were pretty awesome.
Dude, just switch out the words or consider them metaphors and you have EXACTLY what Jesus did.

Example, he shouted out disease from people, shouted at water to make it let him walk on it, shouted at fish and bread to make it endless...So he didn't have DRAGON blood, but he did have DIVINE blood, kinda, being son of God and all. And he conquered a lot of the earth by spreading his teachings, and has his own hood up in heaven, etc. Plus, Talos being ascended to Aetherius and becoming a divine is almost a rip off from the bible with Jesus being ascended to heaven, etc.

I'm telling you bro. Talos = Badass Jesus.

Daedra show the same similarities, except with Greek gods, just like you say. Powerful Jackasses indeed :D
Try pissing them off if you can when you play Skyrim, be really ungrateful and cocky. They're fun :D
Metaphors being the main problem. In TES, Talos was a real man, a well documented emperor and what he did isn't impossible in that world, you can still see it in "present day". Jesus, or at least his special powers, are pretty much a myth (no offense to Christians, but my atheistic views aside, I think you can agree Talos is more "provable" in TES than Jesus is in RL).

And yeah I already fucked Azura over. Which I'm kinda sad about as I like her and she's the only good Deadra, but guaranteed Grand souls? Hells yeah. I'm not even sure what creatures have Grand souls in Skyrim. Dragons would be an obvious guess, but I hit a few of them with my Soulripper (my personal little soul reaping dagger) and saw a "resisted" message one too many times so not sure if they're immune. Guessing Ice Trolls or Giants maybe? But no clue, usually it was the Deadric creatures in previous games and the only ones of those I've seen so far are the dudes the guy in Azura's Star summons on your arse to defend himself.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
The Nine. It just isn't complete with Talos...
As seen in Knights of the Nine: Talos DOES have divine power - as his power is what leads to [color= white]Umaril's final and true defeat.[/color]

Shirastro

Sep 1, 2010
While i played Morrowind i worshiped none of them. My char was so powerful i actually killed Vivec....all those Daedra shmocks better be careful.

These days however i like Nocturnal. I don't really need his/her unbreakable lock-pick but since im playing with a stealthy sneaky character we are super best friends :)