Elder Scrolls Turns V at Spike VGAs

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Finally! Oh how I have waited for this day. Here's hoping its multiplatform and also that there are no physic guards.

Mastern56

Jun 9, 2010
Eh, probably not gonna get this game with so many other titles that I care more about are coming out next year. I didn't like Elder Scrolls IV too much anyways, the repetitive environments (I'm talking about the copy pasted caves, Jesus those things got boring), and the quite shallow combat really didn't do it for me.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Damn, it really didn't take much, but this series has me by the short and curlies all over again.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to watch the trailer another 47 times.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
Awesome.

I just hope they use a diferent engine. I was disapointed that Fallout 3 was running the Oblivion engine, and even moreso when New Vegas used it. Hopefully we get a new engine with lots of eyecandy.

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
Simalacrum said:
Looks really cool!

Although... the whole dragon theme kiiinda reminds me of a certain other game by a certain other major developer...

Not naming names of nothin'... just sayin'.
Exactly what I thought.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I loved the music in this trailer, I hope the whole games music is as good as that.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Simalacrum said:
Looks really cool!

Although... the whole dragon theme kiiinda reminds me of a certain other game by a certain other major developer...

Not naming names of nothin'... just sayin'.
Apart from, you know, how the whole dragon thing has been a massive part of Elder Scrolls lore until anyone even thought of Dragon Age.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Luckily, these creatures fear the Dragonborn, which the player is likely is one of.
Not necessarily, you've gotta consider that Martin was the key 'chosen one' kinda character in Oblivion, and the player character just had to kinda look after him.

May 5, 2010
s69-5 said:
The only good thing to come out of the Spike Western Video Game Awards.

I can't wait for TES5!
*Ahem* Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, and Portal 2. I believe you stand corrected.

Seriously, though. This is fucking awesome.

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
I hope they either change or fix the engine this time around...

Ehh who am I kidding I'll just wait for the patch when it comes.=/

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I just realized how big of an Elder Scrolls fanboy I really am. I'm trying to from a post of some value, but every time I think about this game my brain just turns off and I got into hype mode.

zama174

Oct 25, 2010
Umm... Wasn't it stated a few months back that Bethesda's latest project will be running there new engine? I could be wrong, but I think this was stated before..

Also guys.. Don't judge Bethesda for the fucked up heap of glitchy shit that NV turned out to be! Obsidian made that, Bethesda had nothing to do with its creation. Now excuses me, I just jizzed my pants..