Elder Scrolls Turns V at Spike VGAs

Newtilator

Sep 16, 2009
Oh my. Those dragons may be fierce, but they will be no match for almighty Sheogorath and hi JAbberwock! Praise be to the prince of madness!
Seriously though, I am hyped.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
November? 11th? But, but...

I MIGHT DIE BEFORE THEN!!

This needs to be released RIGHT NOW! I've been playing New Vegas from launch; I'm pretty sure I can put up with any bugs it may still have. Seriously, you don't even have to finish the caves and mines and such, I'll take whatever you've got right now. Just, you know, say the word, and I'll be right there with my credit card details...

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
I heard V runs on the same shitty/buggy game engine once again. I am going to skip this one instead of a Day I purchase. Morrowind still has to be beaten by Oblivion and the like.
It is the same engine but I hear it's upgraded so much that it doesn't even look like the same engine. We can't know for sure until some gameplay videos or in-game screenshots are released. I'm guessing we'll see some screenshots by the end of this month.

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
Hm, hopefully this one will be actually fun and worth playing.
Depends on how different it will be from Oblivion. The more, the better.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
I heard V runs on the same shitty/buggy game engine once again.
"Howard wouldn't be drawn on many details about the game, but said the technology was derived from the engine that powered Fallout 3, albeit with significant modifications." http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-23-rumour-elder-scrolls-5-in-the-works

This saddens me, but we can only wait and see.

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
It seems this one will revolve around finding the next Dragon Born, presumably so they can be crowned emperor. Skyrim seems like a good place to start for this, what with it being where ol' Tiber Septim came from in the first place...

Wolfinton

Jan 1, 2010
Zakarath said:
Another game with dragons... and as usual, it looks like you're expected to kill them again. :'(
Why cannot we side with the Dragons in order to destroy all of Tamriel. Now THAT would be an amazing story!

Yelchor

Aug 30, 2009
What was that soundtrack...? Is there a name for it? Is it available somewhere? Someone tell me!

Oblivion was a stale experience to me, which didn't leave much positive thought for me with Bethseda's future products.

Then Fallout 3 came. And it improved Oblivion's flaws masterfully. Alot more immersive and explorable.

I hope they will have taken their lessons in mind when making this. It sure does give me goosebumps!

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
seekeroftruth86 said:
All I want is that the NPCs stop staring at me. Really if they altered the dialogue to be more like Morrowind's or maybe even resemble Bioware's dialogues I would be very happy. And the leveling issue was mentioned so that too.

Also I hope fighting dragons isn't run up, hit with sword, get candy. Dragons are huge and monstrous, you don't fight them with puny sticks of metal. So I hope the combat gets revamped a little.
Hey now. As Dwarf Fortress clearly showed; it's perfectly possible for a dwarf to get a dragon in a headlock and rip it clean off. So a sword will do perfectly.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Yelchor said:
What was that soundtrack...? Is there a name for it? Is it available somewhere? Someone tell me!
It does remind me slightly of the previous Morrowind and Oblivion soundtracks. Probably a new score based on the good old tracks. So I guess you'll have to wait for more trailers and the game itself for the full experience