Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC files found in latest patch

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1417092-hints-found-about-the-next-dlc-found-in-18-beta/
According to several people on the official Bethesda forums, there latest patch for Skyrim included files for the next DLC.

data\interface\Translate_english.txt
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorBonemold BONEMOLD
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorChitin CHITIN
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorNordic NORDIC
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorStalhrim STALHRIM
$Dragonborn Quests Completed Dragonborn Quests Completed
$DRAGONBORN_ESMName Dragonborn
$DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT_PS3 DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

update.bsa\interface\exported\hudmenu.gfx & quest_journal.gfx
Hudmenu compass markers/quest journal quest header:
http://i.imgur.com/mWGUj.png

update.bsa\interface\startmenu.swf\startmenu.as:
MainList.entryList.push({text: "$DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT" + (iPlatform == 3 ? "_PS3" : ""), index: StartMenu.DLC_INDEX, disabled: false});

Update.bsa\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt
DragonMountedDualMagic.txt
DragonMountedDualStaff.txt
DragonMountedMLhSolo.txt
DragonMountedMLhStaff.txt
DragonMountedMRhSolo.txt
DragonMountedMRhSolo_ShieldOrTorch.txt
DragonMountedMRhStaff.txt
DLC for PS3?

Bonemold, Chitin, Nordic, and Stralhrim armor from Morrowind?

Dragon mounts?

seriously? WHAT WILL BE NEXT?

Also it MIGHT be called Dragonborn
https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1417057-time-for-some-spoilers-form-the-latest-beta/
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=85626061&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch
UPDATES
https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1417456-18-beta-update-solsthiem-dlc-hints-thread-10/
Gameplay Additions :

Spears
Dragon Riding
Mounted Magic
"Boat Riding"
Use of some spells and shouts while Dragon riding
Tree and ground ambushes

New armor types :

Chitin, Bonemold, Nordic, Stalhrim, all being both light and heavy

New places:
Places on Solstheim, namely standing stones, Castle Karstaag, Raven Rock
A Telvanni Tower
Some place called "Miraak Temple"
The repeated mention of something "Benthic" suggests some (deep) underwater area
Apocrypha

New creatures:

A "Benthic Lurker"
Some daedric creature related to HM (Hermaeus Mora or Herma-Mora?)
Scribs (and thus probably Kwamas?)
Netches
Rieklins
Boars
Dwemer Ballistae
Something with tentacles
(Since there are light chitin armors, I wouldn't be astonished if the Shalk came back)

Something involving a heart ripped off. (Something related to Briarheartss maybe? Or to Pelinal? Or something Lorkhan-esque)

The DLC title is presumed to be "Dragonborn".

As Bigbossbalrog said, the mention of a Chieftain hints at a return of the Skaals.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
"Let's name the DLC after the premise for the entire game!
Hurr de durr durr!"

But seriously, this sounds kinda cool. I look forward for the inevitable Steam sale once all the DLCs are released.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
The Scythian said:
Dunmer Solstheim calls. If this is real.
https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1417092-hints-found-about-the-next-dlc-found-in-18-beta/
http://i.imgur.com/ldx1a.png
http://i.imgur.com/mWGUj.png

the Map marker file also confirms a Solstheim setting

Raven Rock, Castle Karstagg, a Televani tower, the standing stones.

hazabaza1 said:
"Let's name the DLC after the premise for the entire game!
Hurr de durr durr!"

But seriously, this sounds kinda cool. I look forward for the inevitable Steam sale once all the DLCs are released.
Well before the game realsed Todd Howard said, on several occasions, that you are the only KNOWN Dragonborn, and indeed the Greybeards say there MIGHT be others, but you are the only one that has been revealed.

It is POSSIBLE, though I find it unlikely, that we might meet another in the DLC, hence the name.

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
DLC for PS3?
Bethesda...releasing DLC for Skyrim...on the PlayStation 3. See, I'm trying to process this notion, but it just doesn't seem to be working.

Regardless, I don't think anything could be interesting enough to make me stand Skyrim long enough to reap any enjoyment out of it anymore. I've been trying so hard to rediscover the magic that allowed me to play it for hours on end when it came out, but it's all dried up methinks.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Personally, unless we fight the Thalmor, find out where the Dwemer are, or Skyrim's Dragonborn gets be the new Emperor of Tamriel's Fourth Empire, I'm not interested.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Misterian said:
Personally, unless we fight the Thalmor, find out where the Dwemer are, or Skyrim's Dragonborn gets be the new Emperor of Tamriel's Fourth Empire, I'm not interested.
We already found out where the Dwemer are, it has been known since Morrowind.

Also, the time of the Dragonborn Kings ended with Martin, The Amulet of Kings is gone forever, and the Dragonfires have been placed by Akatosh's statue. The Dovahkiin had no chance of becoming emperor because the entire plot of Oblivion was about the ending the need for Dragonborn Kings.

The Thalmor will be Elder Scrolls 6, you cant put something as important as that in a DLC.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Misterian said:
We already ofund out where the dwemer are.

Its been known since Morrowind.
Not exactly. From my understanding, we know they're gone from Tamriel, and probably never coming back, but we don't know exactly why they're gone, or where they went (assuming they didn't all just die, which is a possibility). Then again, I may have missed something. Still, it is an area of the lore that is worth exploring.

That said, if this is in Solstheim, which the appearance of Bonemold, Chitin, and especially Stahlrim armor suggests, then there won't be anything talking about the Dwemer. Because there isn't anything Dwemer related in Solstheim, unless Bethesda wants to do a lore change more obvious than turning Cyrodill from a jungle to a big field.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
ohnoitsabear said:
Not exactly. From my understanding, we know they're gone from Tamriel, and probably never coming back, but we don't know exactly why they're gone, or where they went (assuming they didn't all just die, which is a possibility). Then again, I may have missed something. Still, it is an area of the lore that is worth exploring.

That said, if this is in Solstheim, which the appearance of Bonemold, Chitin, and especially Stahlrim armor suggests, then there won't be anything talking about the Dwemer. Because there isn't anything Dwemer related in Solstheim, unless Bethesda wants to do a lore change more obvious than turning Cyrodill from a jungle to a big field.
Bethesda told us years ago, in the Skeleton Man interview, what happened to the Dwemer, and indeed, Michael Kirkbride, one of the series main lore writers, confirmed it to be true.
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/interviews-skeleton-man
Ah. I will tell you the truth, because you will believe none of it. The Brass God is Anumidum, the Prime Gestalt. He is also called the divine skin. He was meant to be used many times by our kind to transcend the Gray Maybe.

The first to see him was the Shop Foremer, Kagrenac of Vvardenfell, the wisest of the tonal architects [Mechanists - MN] Do not think as others do that Kagrenac created the Anumidum for petty motivations, such as a refutation of the gods. Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence. But, by then, and for a long time coming, the Doom of the Dwarves marched upon the Mountain and they were removed from this world.
https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/482103-made-up-word-round-up/page__p__6918676#entry6918676
MK said:
"Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence."

Okay. So now everyone can stop posting about where the Dwarves went. I TOLD YOU EIGHTY YEARS AGO.

Filthy with it, I am.

When one speaks of the Dwemer one needs not ask "where did they go?", but "why does one remain?"

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
As someone who was opposed to dragonmounts since I first heard about Skyrim this hurts me physically.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
ohnoitsabear said:
Ahhh... I see. I missed something. Well, that clears things up.
It was also hinted at in a quest in Skyrim.

Arniel's Endeavor, a quest at the College of Winterhold, which ends with Arniel using the dagger Keening on a warped soul gem he made to imitate the heart of Lorkhan. As he hits it he vanishes, and you gain the ability to summon his shade.

Just as the Dwemer became bound to the closest divine object, the Numidium, so did Anriel became bound to you, the Dovahkin, one with the blood of the blessed Dragon, and thus, partially divine.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
DUDE! Back to Solstheim! AWESOME!

Can't wait to see how the...
Destruction of Morrowind
Affected the region!
A crap ton of Dunmer moved there, after the Nords gave Solstheim to them as a gesture of good will.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Do you think that it will make food crafting not totally useless?
Food crafting isn't useless, you gain use it to gain unlimited power attacks.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
DUDE! Back to Solstheim! AWESOME!

Can't wait to see how the...
Destruction of Morrowind
Affected the region!
A crap ton of Dunmer moved there, after the Nords gave Solstheim to them as a gesture of good will.
Where is that from in the lore? Not saying you're wrong but that seems hard to believe considering the blood feud between the Nords and the Dunmer.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Do you think that it will make food crafting not totally useless?
Food crafting isn't useless, you gain use it to gain unlimited power attacks.
What recipe is that? most of the recipes I see are just minor boosts to stamina that simultaneously slow down your stamina regen, or healing items that do about a tenth of what a health potion does.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Wayneguard said:
Where is that from in the lore? Not saying you're wrong but that seems hard to believe considering the blood feud between the Nords and the Dunmer.
It was mentioned in the two Elder scrolls books, The Infernal City and Lord of Souls.

The Nords and Dunmer have been able to put aside their differences several times in the past.

The Nords fought alongside the Dunmer, against the Dwemer, at The Battle of Red Mountain, since they wanted to reclaim the Heart of Lorkhan.

And the Nords fought with the Dunmer to repel an Akaviri invasion in the past, one of the greatest Nord heroes, Ysmir Wulfharth, a devout Mer hater, fought alongside one of the Dunmer tribunal, Almelexia, in that fight.

Soviet Heavy said:
What recipe is that? most of the recipes I see are just minor boosts to stamina that simultaneously slow down your stamina regen, or healing items that do about a tenth of what a health potion does.
Vegetable Soup and Venison Stew have a "Restore Stamina 1 pt for 720 secs" which enables you to do near constant power attacks since all it takes is one stamina to do a power attack.