Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
<video snip>

And then they suspended him from Twitter

It's afraid
I take it from your response that you failed to notice this "hearing" was not an actual state legislature hearing? It's literally a press conference set up by Giuliani at a hotel... They can claim anything they want, but none of it matters.

It was designed to fool people like you into thinking it was real. If there was actual evidence of fraud, Trump's lawyers would have brought it up in court rather than abandoning his legal efforts to avoid being sanctioned for frivolous suits.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I take it from your response that you failed to notice this "hearing" was not an actual state legislature hearing? It's literally a press conference set up by Giuliani at a hotel... They can claim anything they want, but none of it matters.

It was designed to fool people like you into thinking it was real. If there was actual evidence of fraud, Trump's lawyers would have brought it up in court rather than abandoning his legal efforts to avoid being sanctioned for frivolous suits.
To wit

This is getting exhausting. I know it's designed to be. But it just grates having to be the mature people in the room that has to rely on integrity and facts while the other side gets to run around and just say anything they want and millions of Americans consider it true.

Can I just bring up someone who supposedly saw these things as well and say "Um, no. it was fair and nothing happened."

What qualifications do I need to vet to get these people to be star witnesses? Or are these people arbitrarily named 'Key' 'Star' and 'Essential' Witnesses by people who want what they are saying to have more creditability?

Hell. We had Key Witnesses against Trump during the Impeachment. Who said that Trump engaged in a Quid Pro Quo and who said Trump's communication with Ukraine was Improper. Why wasn't Trump impeached? They were Key Witnesses. Ones who swore an oath to this country. Ones who were under Trump's and Trump's associates employ. If Key Witnesses are such the end all, be all... Why was Trump even still President for the last year?

Let's even keep it going. Here's a line from the PA meeting today.

“Over 70 million Americans voted for President Donald J. Trump,” Scaringi’s letter said. “The Campaign’s claims should be heard on the merits, and not dismissed for perceived procedural irregularities.”
How do we know that to be true?! Who's to say?! You know, I know I heard my third cousin once tell me how Trump was assured because he learned he was really Orange because of his high Midichlorian count and he harnessed the force to change everyone who wanted to vote for Biden into a frog, so there's no way there can be that many votes!! Obviously Trump is a cheat because I just said that!

It is that foolish. It truly is that foolish. I'm so very glad there isn't wide spread conspiracy theories on the left about how Trump tried to fix this election as well. But a large part of me wants to say Fuck It and join in the Mud Slinging.

Which as I already know... is exactly what this is designed to do.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You'd think so, but these lawsuits and hearings are always a let down because of the whole 'perjury' thing. As soon as there are consequences Trump's people back down. They're stage magicians, not actual wizards.
Let’s say the do actually pull, this off and the election goes toTrump, it’s a coup.
If they don’t pull it off, the election will be called stolen

Either way all of America has lost.

If you hadn’t realized, they’re Harold Hughesing it. Facts won’t matter

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Let’s say the do actually pull, this off and the election goes toTrump, it’s a coup.
If they don’t pull it off, the election will be called stolen

Either way all of America has lost.

If you hadn’t realized, they’re Harold Hughesing it. Facts won’t matter
Maybe if there was a transparent election without any room for doubt, this wouldn't have been a problem.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Yes, we’ve all seen how ‘transparent’ this election has been. And all the ‘commentary’
Well its important to know what the cultists means by 'transparent'. The mean Trump wins, and a 'free' election is one where blacks can't vote, and a 'fair' election is one where the Democrats aren't allowed to win.
They're not interested in the will of the people, or a representative democracy, they're interested in power, keeping it, and worshiping at Trump's feet.

You notice they've stopped talking about Hunter Biden's laptop? It was all bullshit to try to sway the election, it failed, and now the 'election' was stolen because the Chosen One didn't win.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Yes, we’ve all seen how ‘transparent’ this election has been. And all the ‘commentary’
Yes... we have

mean Trump wins, and a 'free' election is one where blacks can't vote, and a 'fair' election is one where the Democrats aren't allowed to win.
They're not interested in the will of the people, or a representative democracy, they're interested in power, keeping it, and worshiping at Trump's feet.
Weird how during that hearing we had a democrat say "I don't care who wins, I just care about a fair election"
But she was probably just a republican plant who was lying, because everyone is lying, right?

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Weird how during that hearing we had a democrat say "I don't care who wins, I just care about a fair election"
But she was probably just a republican plant who was lying, because everyone is lying, right?
...you do know it wasn't a hearing right? It was a staged press conference in a hotel conference room. I mean the fact they told you it was a hearing was in and of itself a lie.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
...you do know it wasn't a hearing right? It was a staged press conference in a hotel conference room. I mean the fact they told you it was a hearing was in and of itself a lie.
Yep, everything you don't want to believe is a lie, just like how you claim the election results are lies for Trumpers. No hypocrisy going on here.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Yep, everything you don't want to believe is a lie, just like how you claim the election results are lies for Trumpers. No hypocrisy going on here.
Now which part of Socratic questioning is "insult the other party because they told you facts you didn't want to hear"?

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Even in the face of this overwhelming evidence to the contrary I stand by my statement that Houseman genuinely is this way.
We did. The only problem is people being willfully ignorant leading on the desperate.
Nothing about American electoralism is or has ever been free, fair, or transparent, but this election is not especially bad in any of those categories.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Even in the face of this overwhelming evidence to the contrary I stand by my statement that Houseman genuinely is this way.

Nothing about American electoralism is or has ever been free, fair, or transparent, but this election is not especially bad in any of those categories.
I mean, yes, but it went about as well as could be expected.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Now which part of Socratic questioning is "insult the other party because they told you facts you didn't want to hear"?
I believe its called the "La-La-La I'm not listening" principle.

No Mr. La-La-La, it really wasn't an official hearing. It was in a hotel holiday ballroom, not a Government building, and the entire Pennsylvania senate wasn't involved, and the Penn Attorney General and Governor cited it wasn't an official recognized meeting of Penn government officials.
It really was a staged press conference in a hotel, Mr. La-La-La.

Status
Not open for further replies.