Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Didn't Tony Schwartz say something along the line of Trump blames people for crimes he's done, because he's not mentally capable of understanding people who don't commit crimes? Like in his mind everyone commits tax and/or election fraud, so he's just playing by the rules.
Well I'm sure that everyone as rich as him does commit tax fraud. They pay teams of accountants a lot of money to make their tax fraud not look fraudulent.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
If the ballots weren't cleared (from the system) between scans, that means that the ballots were counted more than once. That's bad, for reasons that should be obvious.
Or the scanner didn't take them for various reasons, which anybody who's used a scanner knows happens all the time.

We've heard multiple times, from witness testimony, that the proper procedure, should something fail to scan, would be to take the ballots out, CLEAR THEM FROM THE SYSTEM, put the error-prone ballot on top, and then run them through again.

Nobody is saying: "nobody should be scanning the same ballots for any reason".
I'm saying "if you don't clear them from the system in-between scans, that's fraud".
OK, put it this way: we have an action here (scanning more than once) that could possibly be fraud, or could possibly be innocent (because it's routine).

So, tell me this: if the video showed the lady scanning them just once, would you be requesting an investigation? That, too, is an action which could theoretically be fraud (say, she scanned them another time off-screen), or could be innocent (because it's routine). Both scenarios require you to be making assumptions, and choosing to interpret a routine action as supicious.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
The stop the steal campaign is purely a matter of honest principle. Its not just a way for Trump to steal the election, its about what's fair. Trump and everyone on his side would be just as angry if Trump won through these alleged misdeeds.

So now it turns out Trump was begging Republicans to just find more votes for him and ''recalculate'' the votes that were already counted.

I'm sure that Houseman will be calling for Trump's arrest any minute now. This blatant pressure to commit election interference and voter fraud cannot go unpunished, right?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I'm sure that Houseman will be calling for Trump's arrest any minute now. This blatant pressure to commit election interference and voter fraud cannot go unpunished, right?
Of course not! Its not Election Fraud when Republicans do it, only Democrats. Remember Election Fraud only occurs when Democrats win and Republicans would rather they not have. Trump can't commit Election Fraud because he's not a Democrat, and he didn't win.

Reactions: Hades

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Speaking of being "primed to think...", haven't certain groups been sowing discord and priming you and others to think that black people are being unfairly harassed? You're primed to see racism, so that's what you see.
That's a straw man - I didn't say racism. I just said the police stopping, searching and generally harassing black people. I understand that you think it's good they do that, as I already said.

I think we both know that the justice system is not either all good or all bad. We both know that at certain points during the process, certain individuals have the authority to use their tools, either a firearm or a gavel, for better or worse, and then leave the fallout for tomorrow.
What I think is that this is open to evaluation, as I'm not the one trying to wriggle out of a tight spot with sophistry and vague generalisations. So please, identify for us what was specifically wrong with the many, various decisions made by judges, on a case by case basis.

Or he does not have the power you think he does. Which bodies and agencies do you think he has at his beck and call? Certainly not the FBI, because he's said on Twitter, "where is the FBI?"
Do you believe everything Donald Trump says or writes on Twitter? Interesting.

I mean, I already brought up that he opened a commission in 2017 to review the 2016 election, stacked it with people who assert electoral fraud, and then shut it down when it didn't find anything bar a few individual cases. In short, yes, he really does have power to make things happen. Donald Trump really does have liberty to appoint people to run these departments and agencies, and he can also appoint people who will agree to make their organisation investigate. The limits of his power are more reached in his inability to force investigators in these organisations to come out with the answers he wants.

So if it's widespread for you, then it's widespread for me. If the election had problems and fraud in multiple places, then it's widespread fraud.
Widespread is widespread.
I think you're missing the point here. Where there's a video of a policeman attacking a random member of the public who has been causing no trouble, or kneeling on a man's neck against procedure and he dies, or beating someone to a pulp for no apparent reason, that's very good evidence of police brutality.

In contrast, you haven't presented one, single piece of evidence that even make a good case that fraud has occurred: effectively, you've presented nothing but hearsay, most of it from biased and unreliable sources.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
OK, put it this way: we have an action here (scanning more than once) that could possibly be fraud, or could possibly be innocent (because it's routine).

So, tell me this: if the video showed the lady scanning them just once, would you be requesting an investigation? That, too, is an action which could theoretically be fraud (say, she scanned them another time off-screen),
Well, it's my opinion that the whole election should be investigated on multiple fronts for multiple reasons, regardless of the existence of this video. Analysis of the data suggests that the election was tampered with. Perhaps this was one of the ways this tampering occurred. Maybe not.

But no, if the only evidence anyone had is just a video showing the lady scanning them just once, that wouldn't prompt an investigation, even if she could have scanned them another time off-screen.

Both scenarios require you to be making assumptions, and choosing to interpret a routine action as supicious.
That's the definition of suspicious. It could be innocent, it could not be, you don't know.

I already said to throw his vote out. Throw all the illegal votes out.

So please, identify for us what was specifically wrong with the many, various decisions made by judges, on a case by case basis.
No
I mean, I already brought up that he opened a commission in 2017 to review the 2016 election, stacked it with people who assert electoral fraud, and then shut it down when it didn't find anything bar a few individual cases. In short, yes, he really does have power to make things happen.
From Wikipedia: "On June 28, 2017, Kobach wrote a letter in conjunction with the Department of Justice requesting personal voter information from every state.[5] The request was met with significant bipartisan backlash and a majority of states refused to supply some or all of the information, citing privacy concerns or state laws."

So, yep, stonewalled. If he was so powerful, then why couldn't he get the data he needed?

In contrast, you haven't presented one, single piece of evidence that even make a good case that fraud has occurred
Yes I have, but you've ignored them. The most recent is an analysis of the New York Time's data showing Trump votes going down instead of up:

---

Last edited:

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Please do not insult other users.
So please, identify for us what was specifically wrong with the many, various decisions made by judges, on a case by case basis.
I love this about you! I mean I know you're a sexist troll, but this just sums up how bad you are at this! You're whole shtick is indignation at perceived illegal actions and a complicit Justice system, and when ask what you actually object to its just "No" presumably because you don't actually remember any of the cases nor the reasons they were dismissed, and definitely because you have no understanding of the American legal system.
To be fair whatever forums you parrot from could just not have them on their front page, and re-reading things is hard.

I just think its great you've gone on this whole song and dance for almost 100 pages, and when asked for something as simple as the thesis statement of your objections you're only response is a one-word "No". Just sums up the debate in one concise word.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You're whole shtick is indignation at perceived illegal actions and a complicit Justice system, and when ask what you actually object to its just "No"
It's "Your", not "You're".

But no, that's not what was asked of me. What was asked of me was to explain what I disagreed with for "the many, various decisions made by judges, on a case by case basis". And that would take way too long. I have videogames to play.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
It's "Your", not "You're".
You're right, that was a misspell of mine. Nice catch, I missed it.

And that would take way too long. I have videogames to play.
Goodness no, its not like you believe an illegal cabal is taking control of the US nuclear arsenal having illegally, with the help of thousands of conspirators, removed tens of millions of votes from the US presidential election while the whole world watched. I mean Yellow might be Sus, and then things would really get serious.
Good thing Captain America didn't have a Switch, or Hydra would have just taken over the world. Real patriot you are.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Never claimed to be.
Oh good, so I can add either "Un-America" or "Not-Patriot" to your opinions on American politics. Just out of curiosity, not that I trust you to be honest, but are you an American citizen? I would guess not, given your understanding of America law...and politics...and voting...and procedures...and courts...and elections.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010

So happy that the source of this sickening, rambling drivel will be gone in just three weeks.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
That's the definition of suspicious. It could be innocent, it could not be, you don't know.
So scanning the ballots once is suspicious, then. Why do you not want us to investigate suspicious behaviour?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Why do you not want us to investigate suspicious behaviour?
What I said was:
"Well, it's my opinion that the whole election should be investigated on multiple fronts for multiple reasons, regardless of the existence of this video. Analysis of the data suggests that the election was tampered with. Perhaps this was one of the ways this tampering occurred. Maybe not.

But no, if the only evidence anyone had is just a video showing the lady scanning them just once, that wouldn't prompt an investigation, even if she could have scanned them another time off-screen."

Status
Not open for further replies.