Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Responding to the phone call:

Pedantic games ahoy! Really shows how much you care about electoral integrity when this is the first time you've addressed this phone call.

Real verifiable evidence of one candidate committing election fraud and you entirely ignore it to uncritically parrot twitter insults.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Pedantic games ahoy! Really shows how much you care about electoral integrity when this is the first time you've addressed this phone call.
I've also addressed it in posts #4,790, #4,767, and #4,753 actually.

Oh good, so I can add either "Un-America" or "Not-Patriot" to your opinions on American politics. Just out of curiosity, not that I trust you to be honest, but are you an American citizen? I would guess not, given your understanding of America law...and politics...and voting...and procedures...and courts...and elections.
Sorry, I missed this one:

Yes, I am an American citizen, and I have lived in The USA my whole life. I have deliberately remained ignorant of american law, politics, voting, procedures, courts, and elections until last November, in an attempt to remain politically neutral. I have no love or attachment for this nation or any political party.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
That's not neutral, that's ignorant.
Perhaps it would be better to say that I remained ignorant because of neutrality. I've never had any desire to understand these things, because I always desired to remain detached from them.

And when this is all over, I'll go back to not caring

Last edited:

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
"I promise you, come this Wednesday, we will have our day in Congress" - Mike Pence

Also here's something I don't even trust unless something actually comes of it:

Last edited:

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
"I promise you, come this Wednesday, we will have our day in Congress" - Mike Pence
"Hey, I know you've been blue balled by the Trumpian Defense Force for two months now, always waiting for next day's evidence, but just you wait, this coming wednesday! The day after Georgia's run off election!"

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
"Hey, I know you've been blue balled by the Trumpian Defense Force for two months now, always waiting for next day's evidence, but just you wait, this coming wednesday! The day after Georgia's run off election!"
And also the day the electors officially cast their votes for the Presidency, votes that can be objected to and then voted on by the House and Senate, a process that Pence will be running.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
They're gonna present the proof!

I hear they're also going to be presenting Trump's Tax Return too!

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
SoS office defends itself from allegations

One of the things he said in defense of the "perfectly filled out, unfolded ballots" (confirming that the allegations are true), is that when the military ballots come in, they're not in the standard forms that are able to be read by the machines, so they need to transfer the votes to a proper ballot so that they can be counted.

I wonder if there was any oversight on this process, where the original ballots were checked against the new ones and confirmed, by both parties, that the voter's intent was respected? Probably not.

I also wonder if a recount would even catch this?
Probably not.

Also, he said this:

Last edited:

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Yes, I am an American citizen, and I have lived in The USA my whole life. I have deliberately remained ignorant of american law, politics, voting, procedures, courts, and elections until last November, in an attempt to remain politically neutral. I have no love or attachment for this nation or any political party.
I'd like to revisit this post, and quote it to avoid later tweaks.

In this post, Houseman establishes by his own word, that he's straight up a liar.

He claims zero knowledge of law, politics and elections prior to November.

Yet each and every one of us has at some point observed or been involved in discussions about these topics with him, going back months, perhaps even years prior to this claim.

Thanks for overplaying your hand Houseman.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Telling people to properly do their job, because doing otherwise would be criminal, is not blackmail.
Are you for real? You can't honestly believe that that wasn't a veiled threat. No functional adult can.

Anyway, this is a nice way to put it

I have deliberately remained ignorant of american law, politics, voting, procedures, courts, and elections until last November, in an attempt to remain politically neutral.
Mission failed.

Also, this might be THE stupidest thing I've ever read on this website. How do you think you can stay neutral if you don't know jack shit about complex processes? That's exactly what makes you susceptible to being manipulated. You're the perfect example of why ignorance is so dangerous. You've been brainwashed by Trump and his dumb as shit rhetoric precisely because you know jack shit about how any of this stuff works.

I have no love or attachment for this nation or any political party.
You can keep lying to yourself if you like, but don't think you're fooling anyone else around here. It's time for you to stop and accept the fact that your racist little criminal dirtbag Fuhrer lost. Too bad, so sad. Get over it already and stop digging yourself deeper into this hole.

Last edited:

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I'd like to revisit this post, and quote it to avoid later tweaks.

In this post, Houseman establishes by his own word, that he's straight up a liar.

Yet each and every one of us has at some point observed or been involved in discussions about these topics with him, going back months, perhaps even years prior to this claim.

Thanks for overplaying your hand Houseman.
He was in this thread back in September:

Debating the merits of returning voting rights to voters, so he at least knew about voting then.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020

It depends on how you define "law, politics, and elections".
Talking about BLM, or Kenosha Kyle, for example, may fall under law, and may be a viewed as a political issue, but it's not politics itself.

I never said that I never knew what things were legal and what things were illegal. Every functioning member of society needs to have some idea of what things are legal and what things aren't illegal. People can talk about whether or not a killing was in self-defense or not without needing to pay attention to politics.

Debating the merits of returning voting rights to voters, so he at least knew about voting then.
Of course I knew about voting. You learn about voting and government in general in, like, elementary school.
I never said I was raised as a monk, or anything.

Are you really going to say "you're a liar, because you said you were ignorant, but you actually have a basic understanding because of MANDATORY EDUCATION!, HA!"
C'mon, that would be silly.

How do you think you can stay neutral if you don't know jack shit about complex processes?
Why would your level of knowledge about something have anything to do with neutrality? I don't see how the two relate.
Speaking of monks, or maybe nuns, do you think they are educated on the intricacies of US Politics? Do you think that makes them not neutral?

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I have deliberately remained ignorant of american law, politics, voting, procedures, courts, and elections until last November, in an attempt to remain politically neutral.
Of course I knew about voting. You learn about voting and government in general in, like, elementary school.
So you know nothing about voting, but know about voting, and are capable of debating the merits of returning voting rights to felons, and whether or not felony revoking of votes is part of voter suppression.

You want to maybe go back and write a second draft of your backstory?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
You want to maybe go back and write a second draft of your backstory?
Too late! I think what we really need at this point would be the "definitive" or "backstory of the year" edition. You know, something that incorporates all of the iterations from the past few months into a (hopefully) coherent whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.