Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Are you suggesting that we start fundamentally changing our system that was utterly unaffected by this event? Do you think the measurement of a government is the ability to avoid hardship rather than survive it?
I'm suggesting you start fundamentally changing your behaviours and attitudes. You guys are reaching appalling bipartisan conflict. Instead of trying to draw away from this, your politicians and media are feeding it and the people are eating it all up.

Stop and take a long look in the mirror. America is no longer a world leader in anything worthwhile.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
So Trump got banned from Twitter and pretty much every other social media. Lets all LAUGH!

Haahahahaahaha! Hahahahaha! heeheehahahaha! hahahahaha!

Reactions: Dalisclock

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
This is still not evidence of intent of the mob. For example, how would any of the bombs help seize the government? Do you have any evidence that this was coordinated by multiple people, or the act of an individual? Do you have any evidence of a ringleader? Was someone handing out firearms, or were these brought by individuals?
Also, why were these firearms never used or even brandished? Isn't it kind of difficult to overthrow a government without firing a single shot?

Do you know who sent the bombs? Was it Antifa? BLM? Trump Supporters? We know one BLM guy was arrested, as I linked earlier.

"overpower security forces", to what end? We have no evidence for any answer other than "to get inside".
"To what end" is the question you're supposed to be answering, I'll remind you.
Although I certainly believe a good chunk of the rioters intended to influence the vote (by pressuring Republican congressmen into objecting), that's not what I'm arguing right here. Right here I'm solely addressing the statement you made, that they "didn't even try to overpower security forces".

That's patently, inarguably untrue. Unless you don't believe injuring, hospitalising and killing them constitutes "overpowering".

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Why are you posting that shit here?
It's important to get all sides of the story, don't you think?

Although I certainly believe a good chunk of the rioters intended to influence the vote (by pressuring Republican congressmen into objecting), that's not what I'm arguing right here. Right here I'm solely addressing the statement you made, that they "didn't even try to overpower security forces".

That's patently, inarguably untrue. Unless you don't believe injuring, hospitalising and killing them constitutes "overpowering".
By "security forces", I meant the ones who were armed. The Capitol Police inside the building who did shoot and kill an unarmed women. If they were really planning on a coup, they would have planned to handle armed security, including making sure they had sufficient weapons.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I find it wildly depressing that the president of the United States doesn't understand free speech.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
My grandpa once said that white people would go through anything, endure any humiliation and hardship, so long as they had one thing over blacks.
Once Obama became president and the white bubble was popped they just went on a rampage to burn the system down.
As an aside, the Obama regime was when we got Olympuc Has Fallen, White House Down (both movies about the White House being taken over, and as another aside, if you google the latter one of the recommended searches is "Is White House Down a true story?"), and the Kardashians being dubbed the US's First Family.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I'm suggesting you start fundamentally changing your behaviours and attitudes. You guys are reaching appalling bipartisan conflict. Instead of trying to draw away from this, your politicians and media are feeding it and the people are eating it all up.

Stop and take a long look in the mirror. America is no longer a world leader in anything worthwhile.
Ok, but if I say "calm down, this is ridiculous nonsense that doesn't accomplish anything, and it's not representative of normal party politics, and you're feeding into it and giving it more power than it deserves", half the Escapist including you dogpiles me for supposedly defending criminals.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
So Trump got banned from Twitter and pretty much every other social media. Lets all LAUGH!

Haahahahaahaha! Hahahahaha! heeheehahahaha! hahahahaha!
He can always hold actual press conferences and face the questions of the country he supposedly represents like a real president, but he prefers a one-way bully-pulpit.

Status
Not open for further replies.