Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Well enjoy yourself.

Just realise it will come back to bite you hard, especially if you try going after them IRL and start crossing lines. They won't hesitate to 2A you.
Like I don't have 2A myself lol.

I mean I do live in a state with lax gun laws.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
yeah, it's good ol' Rumpole.
I'll be damned, never expected to come across any reference to it on the internet. I never got on with the show because without subtitles I sometimes had difficulty understanding McKern. I've been reading the book adaptations though. Love 'em.

My dad was big into the show cuz Anglo-Saxon law is a passion of his (and he's a former lawyer), so he enjoyed the lawyer bits, and Rumpole's many witticisms.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
How many of those are seat that flipped?
Well all the losses did :D

Special shoutouts to the represtentative from fucking Brooklyn that lost. But what you're actually asking, several actually. A few of them took seats that have been Republican for decades.

And yes, some of the losers lost Democrat strongholds.

The 👏 receipts 👏 don't👏 lie 👏

Reactions: tippy2k2

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Ergo just pass the law and move on.

Also again plenty of Muslims don't want Sharia Law anyway they don't even like it.
You aren't going to convince people that right-wing politics aren't based on racism and bigotry when you defend a useless law based on fear and bigotry.

Reactions: Thaluikhain

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You aren't going to convince people that right-wing politics aren't based on racism and bigbanning Shara otry when you defend a useless law based on fear and bigotry.
yeh Sharia Law is based on just that too. The only evidence to claim republicans are being racist is pre-existing biases.

If banning Sharia were put on the books by a Democrat it would likely be voted through. Thus it's not about points being raised but because the other "tribe" is suggesting it so it's being deemed bad because the other tribe is being deemed to have nefarious purposed behind it.

Thus its just about hatred of "The monsters not on the right side of history" or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.