Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuzunohaXXII

Nov 6, 2020
Country
Canada
No try again and this time try and spend some time understanding it.

Are you really struggling this much to understand what I was arguing?

Ok you really are struggling this much..................I don't think I can actually explain this any more simply without just being outright insulting to you.
You're arguing that not everything everyone says online is in academic essay format, no, I understand completely, and everything you've said in response to my accusation basically just reinforces me. I'unno what you expect guy lol like I really feel like I'm arguing against someone who literally woke up two days ago and discovered Twitter for the first time and were just :eek: "This... This isn't the Oxford Philosophical Society!! This... This is MADNESS! This is CHAOS! We must stop this!"

Which when the argument is about the cult like nature of just blind shaming only works if the examples are of the people I used as examples of just shaming otherwise it's two different groups. The group existing discussing the thing on youtube doesn't suddenly mean the far larger group just constantly calling her a TERF doesn't exist.
Yeah, y'know, because, like I said, putting together a 40+ minute YouTube video takes a muuuuch longer amount of time than taking 10 seconds to make a Tweet while you're waiting in line at McDonald's, of course the latter will outweight the former. Duh.

So you're in favour of just throwing emotionally weighted terms round like confetti?
And your proposed solution iiiiiiiiiiis? Ban all speech that's uncited? Ban all speech that uses weight terms? Censorship?

I'unno man...

but it also shouldn't just be a flailing attempt to paint a person as a monster so you can pretend to be some mighty hero fighting them.
I mean at this point I'd hardly call it a flailing attempt. The videos shared earlier do a very good breakdown of the things Rowling's said. I'd say it's pretty cut and dry at this point. Even if the Twitter quick sound-bit crowd's larger, that doesn't erase what's been said by the analyzers. Hell, a lot of those people Tweeting have most likely seen at least one of those breakdown videos.

I did 30%
:ROFLMAO:

- # of tweets that get posted every second: 6000
- # of hours of YouTube videos that get posted every minute: 300
- Video essay lengths are about 30-60 minutes so let's round out to 45 minutes.
- That's 360000 Tweets every minute vs 6.7 video essays.

Not gonna happen dude.

Makin' it real hard for me to not believe that you just discovered Twitter mere days ago.

You really don't get the point I'm making do you?

And every other fucker I used as an example but hey ignore them right? Like you're seeming ignoring the point I've been making....................
Oh nooooo, those completely random cherry-picked people you found didn't write essays!

The horror! The crime! The... Ridiculously, impossibly high expectations you have that they failed to meet!

HOW

DARE

THEY

Look dude, there's absolutely no way at this point that you can possibly argue that you're not complaining that every single Tweet isn't an academic essay. No way whatsoever. That's literally exactly what you're complaining about. Every single response you make to me just further and further proves that to be the case.

No I'm arguing noise to signal.
Ain't gonna happen dude. Welcome to reality. Reality isn't a world-wide Socratic forum. Time to get used to it.

Jesus fucking Christ..........................So you're in support of just throwing whatever accusations you like against anyone just because it will be cathartic and make you feel better and to suggest otherwise is so terrible. How dare people not be able to throw any insult they want.

"We PROTESTING our right to falsely accuse people of whatever crime we want, not our fault if people believe us and go after them."
Of course not. We got slander and libel laws to protect against such things. If someone slanders you, and you can prove that their slander has caused some manner of damage to your, your livelihood, and/or wellbeing, whilst they are unable to prove their slander as factual or accurate, your case would stand quite well in court.

However, the accusations against Rowling at this point are, again, preeeetty cut and dry. I'd suggest watching those YouTube videos that break down the things she said, though I know you won't even though you accuse others of not listening to Rowling.

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

But I bet the moment you ended up being insulted it would be an outrage in your view.
Oh honey. I'm a gender non-conforming mess who gets into slap-fights against edgelords and full-blown neo-nazis for fun; trust me, my ability to take insults is among the highest.

Maybe because she's kind of already stated most of her positions. Have you actually read them?

Why am I asking, of course you've probably not.
Nah I've actually read both of her weird TERF manifestos, including the one where she whines about people not wanting to debate even though she's made 0 effort herself to actually debate or have discussions with anyone who doesn't already 100% agree with her.

But yeah, again, speaking of positions, have you actually watched those lengthy deep-dive videos that were shared that break down the things she's said?

Why am I asking, of course you've probably not. 🙃

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No. That's only in more serious cases normally.

So to you too sorry to rain on your hoping a person you don't actually know suffers life long complications because you disagree on a few things.
I am on the warpath with anything Flordia based right now except Andrew Gilliam.

Also, I am not a representative, let the Biden Campaign handle Unity. I am going to drive the far-right crazy lol.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Your picture is potentially a future president of the USA.
I don't know if you have noticed, but I am not AOC. It's funny when the USSR fall, the west/US & Europe were relativity gracias until they expanded NATO. Now if you will excuse I am off to Twitter to troll people on the far right.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I don't know if you have noticed, but I am not AOC. It's funny when the USSR fall, the west/US & Europe were relativity gracias until they expanded NATO. Now if you will excuse I am off to Twitter to troll people on the far right.
....I never suggested that you are actually Alexandria?

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
What's your avatar from? It looks like Leo McKern as Rumpole, but I'm pretty sure only my dad has watched Rumpole.
I watched Rumpole a few times, back in the late 80s early 90s some time. Don't really remember it much.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You're arguing that not everything everyone says online is in academic essay format, no, I understand completely, and everything you've said in response to my accusation basically just reinforces me. I'unno what you expect guy lol like I really feel like I'm arguing against someone who literally woke up two days ago and discovered Twitter for the first time and were just :eek: "This... This isn't the Oxford Philosophical Society!! This... This is MADNESS! This is CHAOS! We must stop this!"
No it's clear by your statement you don't understand.

It's a this push for blind belief in claim or facing backlash and shaming for asking questions.

You don't need to write an academic essay to not act like a sociopathic cultist. Because that's what the actions happening are, sociopathic using deliberately weighted terms often out of their intended context or stretching the definition to try and apply them to people in order to get an emotional reaction.

What was it being said a few years back "Anyone who is a Nazi should be punched, anyone saying not to is also a Nazi who should be punched, anyone refusing is a Nazi who should be punched" or words to that effect.

It's fear, tribalism and playing on emotions. Which is what cults do.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yeah, y'know, because, like I said, putting together a 40+ minute YouTube video takes a muuuuch longer amount of time than taking 10 seconds to make a Tweet while you're waiting in line at McDonald's, of course the latter will outweight the former. Duh.
Again

You don't need to write an academic essay to not act like a sociopathic cultist.

And your proposed solution iiiiiiiiiiis? Ban all speech that's uncited? Ban all speech that uses weight terms? Censorship?

I'unno man...
Try to appeal to peoples better nature hoping they realise the problem before suddenly they're acting all surprised after having been thrown under the proverbial bus.

I mean at this point I'd hardly call it a flailing attempt. The videos shared earlier do a very good breakdown of the things Rowling's said. I'd say it's pretty cut and dry at this point. Even if the Twitter quick sound-bit crowd's larger, that doesn't erase what's been said by the analyzers. Hell, a lot of those people Tweeting have most likely seen at least one of those breakdown videos.
No it's really not.

Hell you know part of the claims against Rowling are the same claims as against Contrapoints......... who is Trans.........who was being attack as Transphobic a while back....

:ROFLMAO:

- # of tweets that get posted every second: 6000
- # of hours of YouTube videos that get posted every minute: 300
- Video essay lengths are about 30-60 minutes so let's round out to 45 minutes.
- That's 360000 Tweets every minute vs 6.7 video essays.

Not gonna happen dude.

Makin' it real hard for me to not believe that you just discovered Twitter mere days ago.
It's making it hard for me to think you aren't fairly new to twitter since the great Tumblr exodus when Twitter was a very different place beforehand.

Oh nooooo, those completely random cherry-picked people you found didn't write essays!

The horror! The crime! The... Ridiculously, impossibly high expectations you have that they failed to meet!

HOW

DARE

THEY

Look dude, there's absolutely no way at this point that you can possibly argue that you're not complaining that every single Tweet isn't an academic essay. No way whatsoever. That's literally exactly what you're complaining about. Every single response you make to me just further and further proves that to be the case.
You don't need to write an academic essay to not act like a sociopathic cultist.

Ain't gonna happen dude. Welcome to reality. Reality isn't a world-wide Socratic forum. Time to get used to it.
Time to get used to just baselessly throwing accusations at people? You really want to play like that?

Of course not. We got slander and libel laws to protect against such things. If someone slanders you, and you can prove that their slander has caused some manner of damage to your, your livelihood, and/or wellbeing, whilst they are unable to prove their slander as factual or accurate, your case would stand quite well in court.

However, the accusations against Rowling at this point are, again, preeeetty cut and dry. I'd suggest watching those YouTube videos that break down the things she said, though I know you won't even though you accuse others of not listening to Rowling.

:unsure::unsure::unsure:
AHAHAHAHA Slander and Libel laws.

1) Favour the wealthy and powerful mostly in the USA
2) I could literally accuse you of and stealing and murdering babies and you could lose even if I get people believing me and insulting you on the grounds you couldn't prove you were damaged by the claims, if you lose your job the company can just say any BS reason for letting you go otherwise if they admit they fell for BS then they themselves could become liable too. You'd have to conclusively prove with evidence you were damaged by the claims with companies involved literally having to say in writing they were letting you go etc because of the claims otherwise it's not valid evidence.

Oh honey. I'm a gender non-conforming mess who gets into slap-fights against edgelords and full-blown neo-nazis for fun; trust me, my ability to take insults is among the highest.
yeh but accusing people of crimes or very serious things being used as an insult is a whole new level.

Nah I've actually read both of her weird TERF manifestos, including the one where she whines about people not wanting to debate even though she's made 0 effort herself to actually debate or have discussions with anyone who doesn't already 100% agree with her.

But yeah, again, speaking of positions, have you actually watched those lengthy deep-dive videos that were shared that break down the things she's said?

Why am I asking, of course you've probably not.
Actually I have seen some of them. I've seen the arguments before infact. I'm pretty sure I've even seen many of the claims debunked and argued them here on these very forums lol

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I am on the warpath with anything Flordia based right now except Andrew Gilliam.

Also, I am not a representative, let the Biden Campaign handle Unity. I am going to drive the far-right crazy lol.
Well enjoy yourself.

Just realise it will come back to bite you hard, especially if you try going after them IRL and start crossing lines. They won't hesitate to 2A you.

Status
Not open for further replies.