Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
What rules we fighting under UK rules or US rules?
cause under UK rules Bojo wins, Starmer wins, Corbyn loses because he gets called a commie spy (again) and it's actually revealed actually Russian spies did refer to him as Agent Cob and did do talks with him but he was never in a position to actually know anything worthwhile back then (again)
Dealers choice, but you already answered the question

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Genuinely have zero clue what Dwarf is even upset about anymore.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I thought, the only person vehemently argueing for punching Nazis here has been banned ? Why would there even be a discussion ?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I heard on the radio, never mind "Dominion" and voter fraud, dead people 179 years old, etc.... just accept empty suit, senile, sell out America Biden is POTUS 46. We'll see.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I heard on the radio, never mind "Dominion" and voter fraud, dead people 179 years old, etc.... just accept empty suit, senile, sell out America Biden is POTUS 46. We'll see.

don't do it man. Don't go into the rabbit hole. You'll only hurt yourself.

Reactions: gorfias

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
I am kind of really curious if Arizona is going to stay blue or not 18k votes between them and 103k votes (edit: got the wrong number there) left it seems like it would be a close race there

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
....Google trends. That's the guy's evidence.

I'm so done with the petulant, pathetic fraud argument.
Mainstream Media: US intelligence agencies agree that Russia interfered in the 2016 election.
The right: Where's your evidence?

Some dude on twitter: People googled election fraud.
The right: We need to start the election over again.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Mainstream Media: US intelligence agencies agree that Russia interfered in the 2016 election.
The right: Where's your evidence?

Some dude on twitter: People googled election fraud.
The right: We need to start the election over again.
There is a lot to unpack in that the right is more inclined to believe that their own countrymen are out to get them en masse than a powerful kleptocracy that's been trying to erode Western power for decades.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
There is a lot to unpack in that the right is more inclined to believe that their own countrymen are out to get them en masse than a powerful kleptocracy that's been trying to erode Western power for decades.
I dunno, they always claim that foreigners are lazy and refuse to contribute, why not assume the Russian intelligence service is as well?

Reactions: Buyetyen

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I mean they convinced themselves that "libs" are just a whiny minority and the right are the "silent majority". So trump winning makes sense because most people are secretly republican but how can the minority win a vote? (ignore that the minority of voters winning the election is literally the republican game plan)

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
The sheer bizarreness of believing that Trump was ever interested in the little guy is to remember all his boasting at the success of Wall Street; opening up public land for oil drilling such as areas culturally important for native Americans, reducing pollution regulations, etc. It's some strange Twilight Zone where people somehow love this idea of pro-business policies and tax cuts, and then complain about the corporate elites and big business despite the fact that they make their vast piles of money from pro-business policies and tax cuts.

I am frankly pretty bored reading Republicans say how fantastic Trump is for wage growth, despite the fact virtually none of them have a good word to say about Obama for the huge wage growth during his era once the economy recovered from the crash, nor can you find them saying Bill Clinton deserves a lot of credit for the wage growth during his tenure.

The whole mess really boils down to "Republicans good, Democrats bad". And for a lot of Democrats, vice versa. Consistent evalulation of the performance of the parties / candidates doesn't enter into it, it's just that people know what party they support, and they'll just select and fit whatever evidence gets them to the right conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.