Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
How many times does he have to pull this stunt before you start being skeptical and actually give his claims a long hard look instead of simply assuming them to be true?
If there's anything I've learned these past couple of years of Trump, it's that his supporters are quite literally cult followers incapable of thinking for themselves. Trump and his media talking-heads guide their every thought.

So the answer to this question - there's no limit to the number. These people live in an alternate reality. They will deny evidence and even the most obvious of facts if they don't allign with what they've been told. Their entire worldview is based on what Trump and his cohorts have told them to be true. Nothing else exists.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
If there's anything I've learned these past couple of years of Trump, it's that his supporters are quite literally cult followers incapable of thinking for themselves. Trump and his media talking-heads guide their every thought.
Sounds like you've had an entirely unproductive couple years where you accomplished nothing beyond deceiving yourself to rationalize your resentment.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Someone can explain to me why "throw more money" supposed to ensure a peaceful transition of power?
Is this another "quirk" of american politics?
Biden knew Trump was going to act like this if he lost and had already set up his transition team months before the election. Hes been gathering swathes of data for a while. Trump's current behavior was expected and planned for.

You normally dont have to do this as the information starts being given to you when you are president-elect. But Trump has been less than forward with enough information. So Biden has to go around him to get the necessary info... which costs money

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Sounds like you've had an entirely unproductive couple years where you accomplished nothing beyond deceiving yourself to rationalize your resentment.
Honestly sounds like he was paying close attention. Anyone remember Day 2 of his presidency when his cultists said it had been sunny when it was raining and there were tens of millions of people at his inauguration? Day 2 and the claim is he made the sun shine and created masses of people from thin air. If that's not religious doctrine I don't know what is.(Hint: I do know what doctrine is, and that is it.)
And that was Day Fucking 2.
But then again this is the guy who said the access Hollywood tape doesn't sound like him and it wasn't him, so who knows what his cultists are willing to swallow, 'case when you're a celebrity they just let you do it. Grab them by the facts.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
kek, please give us money, DNC can't afford it
Weird because I'd think this would constitute mis-information as the transition doesn't normally officially begin until after the EC vote and doing stuff earlier is only done as a courtesy. But Twitter hasn't marked this as misinformation

You hear that? That's the sound of irrelevance because the votes were already cast and Biden won the state anyway.
Wait you're saying lies and threats don't matter? You really want to set that precedent to the future of politics in the USA?

Trump claimed this, yes, but it was obviously and demonstrably a lie. Both the numbers of registered voters and the number of ballots cast are publicly available details.

Yeaurgh, pretty scummy.

Less so than Trump's "recount fund", of course, which isn't even using the funds for the stated purpose, and is just paying off his massive debts.
Actually this is one of these cases where everyone is right..............

No really.

In some of the listen areas in I think it's Wayne county officially there's 0 registered voters on record but votes have been cast. So therefore it is technically it is more than 100% of the registered voters having vote. If this is a computer error not listing the number of registered voters or if people in other districts saw their votes sent to different areas or something I don't know however the claim is on the most technical level true according to the numbers more than 100% of registered people in some areas did vote if the reason for that is the area hasn't officially claimed they are registered due to some administrative error or if their actually were people voting there who shouldn't that's the question. Admittedly a computer error seems most likely but still worth actually looking into.

Someone can explain to me why "throw more money" supposed to ensure a peaceful transition of power?
Is this another "quirk" of american politics?
The DNC was nearly going broke that's how Hillary was able to become nominee last time by essentially taking over and giving the DNC an allowance out of campiagn funds last time. This time I have to image the DNC still isn't doing much better financially so this is am attempt to fill in the massive debt hole the DNC still has.

Paying things like salaries is a big one. Another would be legal fees related to Trump's lawsuits; just having competent representation show up on that first day when they're inevitably tossed for lacking evidence costs money.

There's plenty of other non-transition uses though that the tweet likely "forgot" to mention such as paying down debts.
yeh but hasn't everyone been saying Trump's cases lack merit and are baseless so why would you have to bother fighting them when they're getting thrown out anyway?

Actually the number filed by the Donald Trump for President Inc. is 28, most of which(like 25) have already been tossed for being frivolous or admitting they have no evidence.

Technically they're by Republican party membership not Trump as such. Trump's official count is 3. If you want to claim they were on behalf of Trump you'd likely be right but Trump's team weren't the specific ones behind the 25.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Weird because I'd think this would constitute mis-information as the transition doesn't normally officially begin until after the EC vote and doing stuff earlier is only done as a courtesy. But Twitter hasn't marked this as misinformation
And of course, the media won't criticize this action. Nobody will accuse Biden of filling his own pockets they do with Trump, and any outlets they do will be branded as "alt-right".

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It's sad that you'd believe anything that Republicans are saying at this point. Certifying the results is a formality. There was no evidence of any fraud, much less widespread fraud. Any attempt to delay or refuse to certify the results without evidence of any wrongdoing is the actual fuckery. Republicans tried to steal the election, and they tried to do it the way they always have - by disenfranchising minorities. They're nothing but a bunch of authoritarian, criminal, racist and sexist dirtbags.

There's no fraud at all you say?

Here's one that failed

This is technically another

Which would be one on the Republican side BTW

Another attempted fraud

And another charge

Apparently another one

And another one

Also apparently another one

You can argue the scale of the fraud that happened as these range from about 1 vote to about 8,000 but saying there is none is incorrect.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
There's no fraud at all you say?

You can argue the scale of the fraud that happened as these range from about 1 vote to about 8,000 but saying there is none is incorrect.
"None" in this case is synonymous with "effectively nonexistent" and "statistically insignificant" when compared to the scale of millions of votes happening annually.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Nah, it's a pretty fair assessment of those who actually like Trump which, certainly, is not everyone who voted for the asshole.

Reactions: MrCalavera

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Honestly sounds like he was paying close attention. Anyone remember Day 2 of his presidency when his cultists said it had been sunny when it was raining and there were tens of millions of people at his inauguration? Day 2 and the claim is he made the sun shine and created masses of people from thin air. If that's not religious doctrine I don't know what is.(Hint: I do know what doctrine is, and that is it.)
But then again this is the guy who said the access Hollywood tape doesn't sound like him and it wasn't him, so who knows what his cultists are willing to swallow, 'case when you're a celebrity they just let you do it. Grab them by the facts.
I remember day 1, when Trump's inaugural address said:

"We are one nation – and their pain is our pain. Their dreams are our dreams; and their success will be our success. We share one heart, one home, and one glorious destiny.

The oath of office I take today is an oath of allegiance to all Americans."

And the response by the Democrats and the media was that the speech was "dark" and "divisive".

I remember day 2, when the White House exaggerated the crowd size and the media exaggerated it down.

I remember 4 years of misinformation that people all over (including here) still believe in fully in spite of all evidence against, but I'm not going to deny you your humanity because of it. Believing lies doesn't make you a cultist. It might make you a fool, and it might make you a victim, but's it's not more than those things. Believing lies won't make me hate you.

But you are believing untruths on this very topic. I don't know if by lies from others or just from your own imagination, but the idea that people are thoughtlessly following Trump wherever he may lead flies in the face of reality. That's not how Republicans are treating this, that's not how conservative media is treating this.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
"None" in this case is synonymous with "effectively nonexistent" and "statistically insignificant" when compared to the scale of millions of votes happening annually.
Specificity is important otherwise you can argue there were no civilian casualties caused by US forces in a number of wars because they only made up a small number of overall people killed.

You don't get to play the game both ways to only benefit and push narratives. It's deceptive at best to try and present no fraud because only some happened.
note: when I posted days after the election there was only 1 case of fraud going through courts now weeks on I can list 8 and that's without a number of mainstream sources wanting to look into or report on it
At worst it's down right cultish to keep stretching the definition of word to try and claim the deception is still accurate. Fraud happened, there was fraud by definition. Not much fraud so far shown but there was still fraud. Just because people are scared of giving an inch if Trump said it was raining and to prepare people would be standing outside in T-shirt getting soaked saying it Trump was lying just and there was no rain at all for fear of being truthful about things.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Specificity is important otherwise you can argue there were no civilian casualties caused by US forces in a number of wars because they only made up a small number of overall people killed.

You don't get to play the game both ways to only benefit and push narratives. It's deceptive at best to try and present no fraud because only some happened.
note: when I posted days after the election there was only 1 case of fraud going through courts now weeks on I can list 8 and that's without a number of mainstream sources wanting to look into or report on it
At worst it's down right cultish to keep stretching the definition of word to try and claim the deception is still accurate. Fraud happened, there was fraud by definition. Not much fraud so far shown but there was still fraud. Just because people are scared of giving an inch if Trump said it was raining and to prepare people would be standing outside in T-shirt getting soaked saying it Trump was lying just and there was no rain at all for fear of being truthful about things.
That's completely disingenuous and ignores the major context that they are claiming a MASSIVE CO-ORDINATED CONSPIRACY to steal millions of votes from the fascist try-hard.
Everyone knows what saying 'bullshit' to that means, and people have often used cases like those to show the type of fraud that does actually exist and gets exposed, in comparison to the lies these idiots are screaming.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Reminder. Trumps words were people came to see his inauguration NOT people were at the National Mall

Important distinction.

There were reportedly more people who went to Washington that day than for Obama.

A number of them didn't make it to the Mall because of roadblock put in and roadblocks in place due to protestors.

You can argue without the protestors it might have been smaller than Obama but more people were in Washington that day.

To point out the spin with an analogy

Media: There's less Oranges on this tree than last year.

Trump: We collected more oranges from the orange tree orchard this year than last year.

You can actually that easily change the results depending on which you decide to measure. Do you want to use Trump's measurement of people who came into DC or the media's measurement of just those who made it to the national Mall and didn't end up watching on screens because they'd got stopped by roadblocks or protestors blocking roads?.

"We are one nation – and their pain is our pain. Their dreams are our dreams; and their success will be our success. We share one heart, one home, and one glorious destiny.

And the response by the Democrats and the media was that the speech was "dark" and "divisive".

I remember day 2, when the White House exaggerated the crowd size and the media exaggerated it down.

I remember 4 years of misinformation that people all over (including here) still believe in fully in spite of all evidence against, but I'm not going to deny you your humanity because of it. Believing lies doesn't make you a cultist. It might make you a fool, and it might make you a victim, but's it's not more than those things. Believing lies won't make me hate you.

But you are believing untruths on this very topic. I don't know if by lies from others or just from your own imagination, but the idea that people are thoughtlessly following Trump wherever he may lead flies in the face of reality. That's not how Republicans are treating this, that's not how conservative media is treating this.

There's been so much fake news it's insane.

One of my favourites that was spread just because of how petty the story was.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
That's completely disingenuous and ignores the major context that they are claiming a MASSIVE CO-ORDINATED CONSPIRACY to steal millions of votes from the fascist try-hard.
Everyone knows what saying 'bullshit' to that means, and people have often used cases like those to show the type of fraud that does actually exist and gets exposed, exist in comparison to the lies these idiots are screaming.
yes it is completely disingenuous to claim there was no fraud when there was some fraud.

You can say there was No massive co-ordinated fraud. But that's not what was being said by those against Trump they were saying there was 0 fraud. That's rhetoric not reality. If you have to use rhetoric to win then it says you're worried reality doesn't support you and Truth doesn't really matter.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

If you thought Facebook was bad, wait till you get Parler a Right-wing equivalent.

On one hand, this likely to be another 4chan or even 8chan in that it will be a source of right-wing racism, on the other hand, I am guessing the internet companies, or Google will clamp down on it if there is enough public outcry.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
yes it is completely disingenuous to claim there was no fraud when there was some fraud.

You can say there was No massive co-ordinated fraud. But that's not what was being said by those against Trump they were saying there was 0 fraud. That's rhetoric not reality. If you have to use rhetoric to win then it says you're worried reality doesn't support you and Truth doesn't really matter.
Anyone who feels the need to capitalize truth is probably dishonest

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

Does Fox News still count as "conservative media"? Because Tucker Ratfucker Carlson is asking Trump's legal team to put up or shut up.

Reactions: gorfias

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Anyone who feels the need to capitalize truth is probably dishonest
You forgot your full stop.

But to actually address what you said. Any-one who feels so strongly about a capitalisation likely is only upset that it keeps turning out the truth isn't on their side lol.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

If you thought Facebook was bad, wait till you get Parler a Right-wing equivalent.

On one hand, this likely to be another 4chan or even 8chan in that it will be a source of right-wing racism, on the other hand, I am guessing the internet companies, or Google will clamp down on it if there is enough public outcry.
Honestly. Parler is actually quite nice.

It's funny because if you really wanted to point to a den of stuff that would breed conspiracy theories and other stuff you'd be better pointing to Minds

I mean clearly Parler having stuff like this such such a threat to democracy

Threat to democracy.png

Were all doomed, doomed I say lol.

yeh no Parler is a nice place so far and you can avoid or engage with politics all you like. There's even a few angry commies roaming round on there apparently very angry that people they have blocked on twitter and want banned from there are on parler and just carrying on ignoring them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.