Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

If you thought Facebook was bad, wait till you get Parler a Right-wing equivalent.

On one hand, this likely to be another 4chan or even 8chan in that it will be a source of right-wing racism, on the other hand, I am guessing the internet companies, or Google will clamp down on it if there is enough public outcry.
I like how free speech is now synonymous with bullying and dehumanizing. It makes me feel good inside

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Look gais! SS soldiers were humans too! We should totally forget about all those nasty crimes against humanity and war crimes because they were nice to kittens!

Come on, you must have realized just how stupid that argument was even before you posted it.

Also, there are a lot of photos of SS soldiers playing with kittens. What is up with that?
So you're equating Gina Carano to an SS officer?

How nice /s

You'd think people would be happy I mean people wanted people to "Go make your own place if you're not happy with the rules on twitter" and now people are.......... What are you worried will happen people start a shoplifting community and share tricks on how to do...... oh wait that happened on Trumblr........ um find the personal information of show runners and send them threats for not having characters be how you............. oh wait that happened on Tumblr too..........Spread insane conspiracies about mass graves hidden from the public......... oh wait that was tumblr too......... Oh I know talk about and share the best places to acquire human remains for magic rituals....... oh wait that happened on facebook.

Seriously Parler is just another social media platform and it's comparatively tame. It's not got anywhere near the conspiracy theory stuff of Minds and Gab still exists as it's own pond of awful.

Are people just mad they can't easily yell and and lecture people or find "Problematic takes" to try and call out to look good?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
"We are one nation – and their pain is our pain. Their dreams are our dreams; and their success will be our success. We share one heart, one home, and one glorious destiny.

The oath of office I take today is an oath of allegiance to all Americans."

And the response by the Democrats and the media was that the speech was "dark" and "divisive".
WOW, that's a really short speech!

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Does Fox News still count as "conservative media"? Because Tucker Ratfucker Carlson is asking Trump's legal team to put up or shut up.
From what I'm hearing, no. It is considered just another corporate owned propaganda outlet with a couple of people with narratives outside the mainstream.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised by team Trump. I keep hearing things like Dominion software was flipping votes from Trump to Biden, they've found boxes of Trump votes after counting has stopped, Republican observers sent home as counting was supposed to have ended but by the next morning Biden took a lead and more. Nothing is coming of these stories. Mid December cannot come soon enough to put the issue to bed one way or the other.

As it is, I am terrified by so much of what is happening in our legacy corporate media. They're practically shouting at the top of their lungs that their guy, Biden, won already so Trump, trying to defend his rights is somehow unprecedented and outrageous. What happens if Trump manages, through the courts, to flip the election back to himself? The media have already announced Biden won, get over it. If violence results, they're really responsible for inciting it.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
WOW. A person was nice on Parley. That proves there could never be a mean thing said on it. CLAP. CLAP

If Parley turns out to be a great place, I'll join. I've seen other 'Free-Speech' places and there is a certain trend. So, my faith in their ability to make it a great place is low.
Funded by former owners of Cambridge Analytica. That alone should be enough to raise some serious doubts.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Actually this is one of these cases where everyone is right..............

No really.

In some of the listen areas in I think it's Wayne county officially there's 0 registered voters on record but votes have been cast. So therefore it is technically it is more than 100% of the registered voters having vote. If this is a computer error not listing the number of registered voters or if people in other districts saw their votes sent to different areas or something I don't know however the claim is on the most technical level true according to the numbers more than 100% of registered people in some areas did vote if the reason for that is the area hasn't officially claimed they are registered due to some administrative error or if their actually were people voting there who shouldn't that's the question. Admittedly a computer error seems most likely but still worth actually looking into.
Wayne County has 1,406,355 registered voters, 62.4% of whom cast ballots. That's the thing, it's been looked into, the info is available for anyone to check.

Other social media posts have flown around about Wisconsin and Georgia votes cast exceeding registered voter numbers; Reuters has debunked those claims here and here.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised by team Trump. I keep hearing things like Dominion software was flipping votes from Trump to Biden, they've found boxes of Trump votes after counting has stopped, Republican observers sent home as counting was supposed to have ended but by the next morning Biden took a lead and more. Nothing is coming of these stories. Mid December cannot come soon enough to put the issue to bed one way or the other.
Nothing has come of those stories because there's not a shred of evidence any of it is true. They've just claimed it, loudly and repeatedly, and then failed to provide anything in court.

Sidney Powell said:
The entire election, frankly, in all the swing states should be overturned and the legislatures should make sure that the electors are selected for Trump.
This is "trying to defend his rights"? Calling not for a recount, not for an investigation, but simply to overturn the outcome and elect Trump regardless?

Yes, that's fucking dangerous. If this was in a South American state, there would be unanimous condemnation.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
WOW. A person was nice on Parley. That proves there could never be a mean thing said on it. CLAP. CLAP

If Parley turns out to be a great place, I'll join. I've seen other 'Free-Speech' places and there is a certain trend. So, my faith in their ability to make it a great place is low.
Funded by former owners of Cambridge Analytica. That alone should be enough to raise some serious doubts.
Well, I joined Parler under a pseudonym using burner accounts to see what's up

The first thing you're greeted by upon joining is a set of recommended pages including Prager U, Daily Mail and a bunch of other right-wing outlets. Then a second set of recommendations for influencers including Tucker Carlson, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, Ted Cruz and some others, mostly right-wing figureheads and a few MMA fighters.

Then I got to the actual site, started setting up my profile using a photo off Thispersondoesnotexist, and in the few minutes that took I got 3 people welcoming me including conservative talkshow host Joe Pags, some fashion blogger calling herself Blonde Politician and some bloke who named himself after the USS Iowa. I could buy battleship dude being from an actual person, but the other two welcomes were definitely posts from bots. Odd, cuz I distinctly remember an interview with site creator John Matze saying there's rules against posting anything criminal and against spamming. I suppose the latter doesn't apply to verified pundits. Feel free to bot it up if you are.

Other than that, it's just Twitter again with a different coat of paint, except it has the benefit of being filled almost exclusively with right-wingers, so if you're a right-winger and you want to say right-wingy things, there's little chance of people disagreeing with you. Basically, echo chamber.

Anyway, since I fucked off from Twitter and Facebook, I'm not going to stick around here either. Account deleted.

And it's name is from French.
Speaking of, the French word parler is pronounced like the English word parlay, not like parlour , the latter of which for some reason was decided is the way Parler is pronounced (tho all of those are derived from the same Old French word parler). Well actually, the parlay pronounciation isn't right either, but it's closer than parlour.

Last edited:

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Trump's words were that it was the largest inauguration in history, which is wasn't, and that it was bright and sunny, which is wasn't. In fact official photographs of the Trump inauguration were edited to show a larger crowd size than was there.
And the report that more people came to Washington than during Obama is technically true, because the next day was that Pussy Hat anti-Trump march that was the largest protest march in DC history, eclipsing Trump rainy day speech.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
The first step of leaving the cult is admitting its a cult. OAN just put out that Trump won 401 Electoral College points. And Trump retweeted it.
And yeah Trump said a few nice things in his speech. Too bad he lied about it, and the oath of office he took to the American people and Constitution. I get that you think Trump's right, and that he didn't do all the things he brags that he did that were bad, but reality doesn't change just because Dear Leader is now telling you to change it. No amount of 'Liberal media bias' and "own the libs' makes you or any other Trump supporter look reasonable or sane. And I say sane because a common definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, like listening to Trump, and expecting a different outcome, like its the truth.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Sounds like you've had an entirely unproductive couple years where you accomplished nothing beyond deceiving yourself to rationalize your resentment.
You'd like that, wouldn't you? That would make it all so much better. Too bad, so sad.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No, I am calling you on your dishonest attempt at dismissing the shitty things Carano blurted out on Twitter by showing a benign Parler post from her. Just like Nazi apologists like to trot out pictures of SS soldiers petting kittens whenever they are confronted by accounts of SS atrocities.

But you're not stupid and I think you know exactly what I did, which is why your entire response is a deflection to your favorite topic of stupid people on tumblr and how Parler is not all that bad.
Oh right because she's obliged to be people punching bag on twitter because of the crime of *checks notes* not feeling the need to put pronouns in her bio.
People wanted others being political you don't now get to decide people can only be political in one specific way or get pissy because people are supporting politics on twitter you don't like. Also again equating her with an SS officer and her actions with that of the SS.

It's funny really because it seems to be one side who put on the brown shirts an army surplus boots the moment anyone disagrees with them and tries to shut them down. Or hyperbolically call them a Nazi.

CegYHVcXIAE26QP.jpg

You seem to forget the rules because people can invoke Godwins law at such a point and claim an automatic win.

Status
Not open for further replies.