Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
But if you want specifically-named local officials:
Sorry, I asked for the wrong thing.
I meant to ask for republican poll workers or counters who " have confirmed they could do their job just fine" in order to counter those who claimed that they couldn't do their job.

Officials investigating themselves and finding themselves innocent isn't helpful for reasons that should be obvious.

Now, on the other hand, those loudly proclaiming that the election was riven with fraud are uniformly aligned with one single organisation, aren't they? An organisation which happens to be the losing party. Why might that be?
Because they're the injured party.

If I'm running in a race against someone else, and the other person pushes me over, causing me to lose, is my complaint invalid just because I lost?

Oh, for... are you talking about this debunked nonsense?
See post 3003, where I debunk the debunking of it.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Today the electorial college casts its vote and confirms Biden. Should put the end to any Hopes of overturning the election.
Ha, you thought.

Nevada GOP Electors vote for Trump:

If a state sends 2 sets of electors, then apparently, Pence decides which electors are chosen, or he doesn't, and the House decides, or a court preempts that and decides for them.

All the other contested states, except Michigan, have done the same apparently.

This has apparently happened before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_United_States_presidential_election_in_Hawaii
See also: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-pose-risk-of-u-s-vote-deadlock-idUSKBN2712M7

Last edited:

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Oh boy, you ARE still clinging on to the idea of a Trump victory. Sorry to burst your bubble, but if electors in Nevada don't vote as pledged, they'll be replaced by other electors who will do so. It's largely a formality.

Also, second set of electors doesn't mean jack shit if they aren't certified. Stop doing this to yourself for fuck sake. The orange idiot lost. Deal with it.

Exley97

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 11, 2020
Country
United States
Ha, you thought.

Nevada GOP Electors vote for Trump:

If a state sends 2 sets of electors, then apparently, Pence decides which electors are chosen, or he doesn't, and the House decides, or a court preempts that and decides for them.

All the other contested states, except Michigan, have done the same apparently.

This has apparently happened before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_United_States_presidential_election_in_Hawaii
See also: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-pose-risk-of-u-s-vote-deadlock-idUSKBN2712M7

Who is this kid and when does he say "Boom goes the dynamite!"?

Also, in other (actual) news...

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
This isn't a case of faithless electors, but rather dueling electors.
No, it isn't. It's a case of the GOP conducting a nonsensical political theater for idiots.

Do you have a source for that claim?

The Constitution provides that each state “shall appoint” electors for President and Vice President in the manner directed by its state legislature (Article II, Section 1, clause 2), on the day determined by Congress (Article II, Section 1, clause 3). Congress has determined in federal law that the “electors of President and Vice President shall be appointed, in each State” on Election Day, that is, the “Tuesday next after the first Monday in November” every fourth year (on November 3, 2020) (3 U.S.C. §1).
And then...

The governor of each state is required by federal law to send to the Archivist of the United States,by registered mail and under state seal, “a certificate ofsuch ascertainment of the electors appointed,” including the names and numbers of votes for each person for whose appointment as elector any votes were given (3 U.S.C. §6).Governors must send certificates “as soon as practicable” after the “final ascertainment” of the appointment of the electors, or “as soon as practicable” after the “final determination of any controversy or contest” concerning such election under its statutory procedure for election contests.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
This isn't a case of faithless electors, but rather dueling electors.
Not really since one set of electors is send by the president meaning they have no legitimacy or mandate to even vote in the first place. Its not like the state legislature and governor send different electors. In this case you have the real electors and a bunch of random people the president put forward.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Oh hey look, some actual election fraud.
Also;
My favorite part is this bit,
Another that claims "massive election fraud" was deemed “sorely wanting of relevant or reliable evidence" by a federal court judge. Ward has appealed that case to the Ninth Circuit, and former Gilbert Public Schools Board President Staci Burk also has filed a nearly identical suit in Pinal County Superior Court.

A Pinal judge is scheduled to weigh motions from Maricopa County and the Secretary of State’s Office at 1:30 p.m. Monday asking him to dismiss that case.

A few hours before the hearing, an attorney for Hobbs filed an additional motion containing a declaration from the state's elections director stating Burk is not registered to vote, indicating she did not have the legal authority to contest a state election.
So, a person is attempting to overthrow an election they could not even participate in, but they aren't the ones disenfranchising people.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, I asked for the wrong thing.
I meant to ask for republican poll workers or counters who " have confirmed they could do their job just fine" in order to counter those who claimed that they couldn't do their job.

Officials investigating themselves and finding themselves innocent isn't helpful for reasons that should be obvious.
So, you'll genuinely only trust Republicans' statements on it, then. Not non-aligned parties or officials, because of the presumption that they're in on it.

My updated reply to your request is tied to my response about the "secret" midnight ballots from Fulton; see below.

Because they're the injured party.

If I'm running in a race against someone else, and the other person pushes me over, causing me to lose, is my complaint invalid just because I lost?
If you're the only person who saw it, and countless non-aligned or impartial people were watching the race and say it didn't happen, yes, your complaint isn't credible. Particularly if-- like Trump-- you've got a long and ignoble history of lying.

See post 3003, where I debunk the debunking of it.
(For anyone following: here. And also, why?)

This post doesn't debunk it, firstly. These quotes are from the day itself, and it's already well known that the original plan was for the vote to be fully counted that night. That turned out to be inaccurate (probably partially due to the burst water pipe), and counting went on into the night. Party-affiliated poll-watchers were allowed to stay, though several sources say most of them left anyway when most employees went home.

But-- and here's the part that acts as a response to your first request, for direct quotes from Republican poll-watchers-- not all of them did. Republican Matt Mashburn was present until 3am and observed the process at that very count.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
These morons really think that they can just steal the election.
MAGA cultist:"We're here to vote for Trump. We're electors"
Official: "We have a list of certified electors"
MAGA cultists: "We're them. Our names are the ones on the list"
Official: "What are the names, pray tell?"
MAGA cultist: "Uh...IP Freely.....Amanda Hugandkiss.....Mike Rotch......Isabelle Ringing......Shiney McShine.....Abe Frohman, the Sausage King of Chicago......"

Reactions: Kwak

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
At this point the mental gymnastics and actions undertaken by those supporting Trump are just embarrassing, sad, and cringey.

Dueling electors, affidavits, hidden footage, and hearings. So massively stupid and clearly nothing but theater combined with an effort to steal an election.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
So, you'll genuinely only trust Republicans' statements on it, then. Not non-aligned parties or officials, because of the presumption that they're in on it.
If it's just a "vocal minority" of lying Republicans, then shouldn't there also be Republicans willing to call out the others on their lies? Or are you assuming that all Republicans were in on it?

This post doesn't debunk it, firstly. These quotes are from the day itself, and it's already well known that the original plan was for the vote to be fully counted that night. That turned out to be inaccurate (probably partially due to the burst water pipe), and counting went on into the night. Party-affiliated poll-watchers were allowed to stay, though several sources say most of them left anyway when most employees went home.
Yes, that's the new story. The original story, as shown in those links I give in that post, all agree that the order was given for counting to be stopped at 10:30pm. There's like five different media outlets all saying that.

The new story is that counting never stopped.

But-- and here's the part that acts as a response to your first request, for direct quotes from Republican poll-watchers-- not all of them did. Republican Matt Mashburn was present until 3am and observed the process at that very count.
I watched the video in your article, he never says anything about the event in question. He addresses the allegations that more ballots were brought in after they were supposed to have finished counting. He just says "I was there when the guy announced that they had a lot more to do". He's not talking about the event we're talking about.

He also says he wasn't at State Farm Arena, where the event in question took place, but at "English Avenue" from 7pm to 3am. So he wasn't even there. That's around the 3-minute mark in the timestamp.

Here (timestamped video) the elections director admits that there were no observers present at 10:30pm

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I actually bought a couple of those MyPillow.com towels, using their discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.