Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter may soon go through

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Found on a reddit post about the spacex launch failing because elon apparently overruled spending on meeting the minimum engineering requirements of launchpads.

4KVoices
·22 min. ago

Dril is essentially the kingpin of Twitter shitposters. He's been there basically since the beginning and is one of the most worthwhile follows on the platform, currently sitting at 1.7m followers literally just for shitposting and being fucking weird. Like he legit sells something like 4 different books that are just compilations of his tweets and they actually sell pretty well. All of that to say, Dril is essentially the shitpost centerpiece of Twitter. Just about anybody who spends significant time on the English-speaking side of the platform has probably encountered him in some way, shape, or form.
When Elon started rolling out his new verification check bullshit, Dril was one of the people (humorously) posting the #BlockTheBlue stuff, basically a movement saying that anybody who is enough of a fucking loser to pay $8 for a blue checkmark has nothing worthwhile to say and that it's better for you to block them (plus it is genuinely better if you want engagement - if enough people with Twitter Blue block you, your tweets essentially get shadowbanned, so you can genuinely get ahead of the curve by blocking them first)
an example of Dril's more recent tweet about it
As one of the more popular people in the Twitter community, Elon found out about this - and did the same bullshit he did with Stephen King, Lebron James, and others who spoke out against this new system, and forced a blue check upon him.
Dril's response. You may notice that he does not currently have the blue check; shortly after posting this, Dril realized he could change his username and it would immediately get rid of the checkmark, so he did so, and it worked. No more check.
Elon turned it back on within minutes. I can't really source that cause it all happened in realtime, but it was back on fast enough that you know somebody had to be manually watching for it to change. Dril changed again, it popped back up again.
Second tweet, where he starts insulting Elon personally and calling him a fucking idiot, more name changes, more check replacements.
Couple more name changes, couple more checks, then he drops this bomb and all of a sudden, Elon isn't finding this fun anymore, and the checkmark stayed off. By bringing up Elon's ties to Epstein and Maxwell, Dril actually got him to fuck off and walk away.
The followup was arguably just as good.
tl;dr 51yo man who thinks he's a meme god awakens the ancient shitposter dwelling in the depths and gets BTFO
[/quote]

Also...

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom

He's u-turned yet again, giving the blue checks back to celebrity/public figure accounts (although this time the descriptions falsely state that they subscribed).

What number u-turn are we on for this stuff now? 5? 6?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I decided to go to Twitter's homepage; I'm not signed in (I have an account I created to enter a contest several years back; no posts on it). Of course, the top two displayed tweets are from Musk, in case anyone wasn't sure about this just being his horrifically expensive vanity project now.

They are "We live in the most interesting of times" and "Hard to believe Starlink actually did launch on 4/20 lol". Scintillating. Truly does his genius shine.

I even mentally read it in his voice.

Reactions: Kwak and BrawlMan

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

He's u-turned yet again, giving the blue checks back to celebrity/public figure accounts (although this time the descriptions falsely state that they subscribed).

What number u-turn are we on for this stuff now? 5? 6?
Sure would give Bojo a run for his money on number of u-turms per year

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

(his own child btw) probably not worth holding your breath on those mars tickets
It shouldn't surprise anyone that Musk will sink to any new low possible, on a daily basis. If anyone follows or still thinks he's a wonderful leader, are just dumb, pathetic, worthless, and egotistical as Musk is. How about you all take that rocket to Mars and crash land into the sun?

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

Lol, man running company now infamous for not paying its bills telling employees to expense bills to said company.
You know to Elon's credit I never used to look at twittet ever. Now I actually enjoy watching people bully anyone who bought a blue check mark.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America