Embarrasing gamer tags

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I have a tendency to hover around Lunavixen or variations of it, I try and stay consistant where I can, I like it. I don't actually have any embarassing usernames, granted, my main email address is in need of a change and i'll get there eventually.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
A few years back when I was working for a chain electronics store they started selling ready-to-play X-Box 360 and PS3 consoles. Basically, they took a few consoles out of each shipment, opened them up, downloaded all of the software updates, and created basic user accounts... then tacked an extra like $30 on to the price tag as pure profit to the store. Basically just a shady business practice to scam parents who were buying their kids consoles for Christmas and didn't understand how ridiculously easy the setup process is.

Anyway, when we set up those basic user accounts the company hadn't given us any sort of naming guidelines beyond "nothing offensive." So for a while we were selling consoles with intentionally crappy account names like "Cpt_McAwesome" and whatnot.

Eventually someone complained though because they thought they had paid full price for a used console, so they made us use generic names like "User001."

I don't know if they're still doing it, though. I quit shortly after they started doing this to go to a better job.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
PSN and Xbox Live... Skorms Boss

Only a few get it, and as it takes longer to explain... then again I don't suppose my username here/ on steam is any better!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
I remember seeing a guy called JellyTits, who friend requested my sister when he learned she was in fact, female, why do I get the feeling he wears a trilby...
That was your Sis??!

So So sorry bro...

--

EDIT: Sorry guys. I tried hard to remember if I came across anything funny. I have nothing to contribute :(

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
fagbastic...

Utterly awful user name but I ended up having a blast with the guy.

But still jeezus...

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
I think mine is pretty silly but I use it for everything. It's my name on here as well. My favorites that I've seen so far are; brotato chip, bufu bunny, omg dinosaurs, and various cpt crunches.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I've used the name Lasdurgost before. It's a name that fits within the Elven language from the Middle Earth mythology, though, to my knowledge, Tolkein never created an elf by that name. For the record, I didn't think it up myself. It was the random name generator from Lord of the Rings Online, but I still used it for Xbox LIVE.

Also, the name MysticSlayer might seem juvenile to some people. I like the name, though, so I intend to keep it anywhere that it hasn't already been taken.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Hrm... back in the inception of Quake, in high school I did have a penchant for bad names. But luckily in Quake names weren't permanent.

Sgt. Thundercock, TesticleesTheMighty, stuff like that. Most of them were awful but on purpose, those two stick out in my mind though

As for permanent handles, I've always liked mine even though it means nothing.

Blacklight28

Nov 27, 2013
Teconocy and TecoBanana were mine back in the days when I played Runescape. After that I decided to make the name change, and I've been calling myself Blacklight ever since.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Can't say I've had embarrassing ones. I've only had 3 in my 13~14 years of gaming really. GateCrasher, Vampiric and now Sanquin.

Okay, maybe Vampiric can be seen as embarrassing. I mean...pretty cliché and such. But ah well.

Captcha: hoity-toity...epic gamer tag!

Fireaxe

Sep 30, 2013
For a very short period of time, I was playing as "Dr Tran". This was around the time of the youtube short "Here Comes Dr. Tran" which was hilarious, the problem of course arises when people haven't seen it!

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Catfood220. I mean its a bit silly isn't it?

I got fed up of it a few years back and tried being more edgy with name Echonarc. It wasn't me, I'm slightly embarrassed by it. Back came Catfood220, seemed to be me, a little bit silly.

Moral of the story, be comfortable being yourself.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
My PSN, XBL, and Steam GTs are all Zachary Amaranth.

That's either not embarrassing or completely, depending on how much of me you can take.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
can't say as i've ever used a name i'd be embarrassed about. i use akytalusia for everything, or if there's some reason i can't, then i have a few other names to use and i'm fond of each of them for various reasons. no hint of shame.

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
My XBL name, created in 7th grade, is EpicPlatypus540. I still use Platypus540 for damn near everything, but I really wish I could drop the "Epic", it just sounds so juvenile and dumb (at least to me).

Bestival

May 5, 2012
lRookiel said:
I've no idea why someone would let their name be chosen for them. Just doesn't make sense to me
That's like, literally how 99.99% of us get our real life names, heh.

OT: Not really a gamer tag, but I had a shaman in WoW Called Sadmandies. This was from an inside joke with a friend, where I claimed a had multiple personalities, who are all called Mandy. Can't quite remember where the sad came from.
Anyway, it was only way later I realized that most people will read it as Sad Man Dies.

Sep 13, 2009
Shroud of Grey, was using it for my Starcraft II account, PSN account and LoL. The reason I chose it was from a line I liked from "You were there" from ICO, "Distant hills wear a shroud of grey".

Now cue everyone I meet asking "Oh you mean like 50 Shades of Grey?". I die inside every time someone draws that comparison

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
I pretty much use Eamar for everything. It's a Quenya name I made for myself, but I don't consider that embarrassing. It just annoys me that I can't usually include the umlaut - should be Eämar.

My early teens/pre-teens produced some truly cringeworthy email addresses though, including such gems as:
slytherin_princess_serpent_girl
jedi_knight_chief

I die a little inside every time I remember them.