EmDrive May Generate Warp-Like Field, NASA Engineers Discover

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
P-89 Scorpion said:
Not the EmDrive again this is just NASA trolling the internet again. It's not nor has it ever been a real thing get over it.
Interesting. Perhaps you could share with us your data and the method you devised to so decisively disprove this?

While you're at it, you should go get a job at NASA or something since you're so educated and capable on the subject.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

More space please. That's all I really have to say on the matter.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Therumancer said:
The big question here is of course if it works if we'll ever find out. My major concern here is that if this does work the powers than be, being a bunch of reactionary luddites, will say it didn't so they don't have to deal with the realities of the sudden, radical, change this could bring to earth. Either that or they will find other ways to suppress it and ensure nothing is done with the technology.
The first step is establishing the science. The actual working out and manipulation of this science will take years to develop into more meaningful methods.

Either way, it being a drastic change won't overpower the greed of potential profit this could present.

Anyways, I hope they test this in vacuum soon. Or maybe with some kind of various gases that have different properties to rule out the issue in other ways. I guess they don't even need a vacuum to do that.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Dalek Caan said:
I'm really disappointed that we don't call it a Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine. Still if your the guy to invent warp drives you can name it whatever you want. Hopefully this turns out to be true anyway.
Oh man I'd lose my shit if we decided to name it that.

Wonder how many people here understand the reference.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Dalek Caan said:
I'm really disappointed that we don't call it a Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine. Still if your the guy to invent warp drives you can name it whatever you want. Hopefully this turns out to be true anyway.
The wiki for that thing says that occasionally people "fall out" or just disappear while "jumping" so... yeah, talk about a panic attack each time you go somewhere. Are you going to make it?

K12

Dec 28, 2012
So are NASA having an April fool's month rather than just the one day this year?

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
vallorn said:
Eh I'd much rather it be called a Geller Field. I mean, who knows what kind of unfathomable sentiences lurk in The Warp...
If it's any consolation, Slaanesh won't be born for awhile yet. So maybe the Immaterium won't be as bad? Maybe we have time if we develop it soon enough, to visit the Eldar and slap some sense into them?

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
PaulH said:
vallorn said:
Eh I'd much rather it be called a Geller Field. I mean, who knows what kind of unfathomable sentiences lurk in The Warp...
If it's any consolation, Slaanesh won't be born for awhile yet. So maybe the Immaterium won't be as bad? Maybe we have time if we develop it soon enough, to visit the Eldar and slap some sense into them?
That might be a bad idea if people like /d/ find their kin in an entire alien race... Plus there's still The Enslavers and other detritus left over from The War In Heaven to deal with.