Emotionally draining games

dark-mortality

Apr 7, 2011
Simply enough, the end of Half-life 2 episode 2.

Through the game series you meet Eli, the father of Alyx. One can see the relationship between them in the game and it ensnares you like a really optimistic indian. At the end of that game mentioned over, You and Alyx are going to leave your current HQ to find the ship Borealis. Eli is there so see you of, but before you can leave, some advisors come and kills Eli. The music, voice actor of Alyx and the fact that you, in a strange way, have got an emotional bond with Eli made me surprisingly sad.

And that is why that is bot the most emotionally draining game (that i can remember) and one of the best games i have ever played.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Anachronism said:
Shadow of the Colossus. It's one of the few games to have had me in tears.
Specifically, the part where the bridge collapses underneath you, and Agro throws you to safety but falls down the canyon. And then the ending, even more so, when Mono gets up off the slab, and you hear a whinny in the distance... I wept for joy that my beloved companion wasn't dead.

If you play it all the way through and don't love your horse by the end, there's something wrong with you.
This. Plus I was moved by A few other games.
Ace Combat Zero. The final battle against Pixy had me on the edge of my seat.
The Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon was a bit weak in plot in that it was a bit generic but hell the ending got me.
Metal Gear Solid 3. Fight against The Boss. You know it.

Cheshire Cat

Sep 26, 2008
One of the game that got me the most was Lost Odyssey... The story alone was pretty harsh, with everything thing that Kaim, the main player character goes through during his life, but some of the unlockable memories through the game were so emotionally intense I was almost crying like a baby.

mizutanitony

Jan 15, 2010
I remember the end of the first disc to Lost Odyssey...That made me ball like a baby. Mass Effect 2 had a few moments, primarily during Samara's mission with that mother's daughter. And of course just a lot of my old SNES Rpgs. They really had great writing and characters, like final fantasy IV when Kain betrays you.