Empty Parking Lot Highlights Minecraft's Mundane

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
bleachigo10 said:
Where the hell do people find the time to build all this amazing stuff?
I'm pretty shure it's black wool... No wonder there're no cars around. They sunk in the eternal fluffyness of the streets. Damn. Epic.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
It's actually quite impressive if you ask me. I mean, I've never built anything that big. I always start of with an idea and then before I know it, I'm building something underground which takes WAY longer than building it above.... And then I get bored of hollowing out rooms and move on to something else with the intention of finishing it.

EDIT: He should have used Stone Slabs to make the pavements rather than whole blocks. Imagine having pavements a metre tall!? It's insanity!

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
That's simultaneously awesome, saddening, and terrifying. Make it stop, oh god, make it stop...

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
This is something I've pondered quite a few times. what exactly does make something interesting or nice in Minecraft? Is it actually looking nice? Is it functionality? Or is it just the fact that it took a lot of effort and some abstract thinking to make it with only 1x1x1 blocks?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Highway alone is a lot of work merely for clearing the land, but when I take a look at what I have done so far, it isn't so much time. I've built large towers over the clouds in about an hour. Of course it took extra time to mine out the cobblestone.
Shoggoth2588 said:
As awesome as those look I'm not quite satisfied yet. I wanna see some interior shots of the Big K and those houses. Either way: looking good
It would be just like any other Kmart. Empty. Except maybe a blue light special on feathers.
The Random One said:
Wait... is there asphalt in Minecraft? Asphalt you... craft by yourself?
Yes, but it sounds like walking on mattresses.

Because it's wool.

viranimus said:
Its not an empty minecraft world... its a picture from 4 hours in the future /snicker

Yes, this illustrates my point of just how badly NPCs are needed in MC. More so than maps/skyworlds
Or in the past, and the langoliers are only just over the horizon...
And I get the feeling the pigmen villages are getting closer to getting done. I look forward to that. Dunno if you will be able to interact with them(I hope so), but leaving them around for scenery or razing their village to the ground like a 16th century conquistador will give more spice to the game.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
Better hurry up and find shelter. Its getting awfully dark in that parking lot. There were three muggings last week. The lack of a police station means the Creepers are getting brazen.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
If i ever succumb to playing Minecraft, i will use the game to recreate an uninhabited island

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Wow. That would be amazing at night. Or in a storm. Darkness, rain, creepers and zombies... all in the mundanity of suburbia? Yes please.

Frybird said:
If i ever succumb to playing Minecraft, i will use the game to recreate an uninhabited island
The game's got you covered. You start on an uninhabited island. XD

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
So many amazing things can be done in Minecraft!

I wonder if he has any plans to make cars for the parking lot?

Demitri Kamoraz

Apr 24, 2011
tehweave said:
That's just so cool. The level of detail is really impressive. God I love minecraft.
'The Level of detail is Impressive????'

Somewhere, Real* Level Designers/artists** are crying.

*Yes, Minecraft is a real game, I just mean that as in games that have levels designed in which you can stare at a can of baked beans, reading the ingredients for an hour.