Ender's Game Trailer is Finally Here

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
Jarimir said:
To me this definition is inclusive of what is significant and still exclusive of what was never meant to be an expression to or for an audience.
Are you saying that if something isn't intended for an audience, it isn't art?

gwilym101

Sep 12, 2011
As far as I remember his politics isn't really present in the books at all.

I'm hopeful this will be good, but the book is really dark and there is so much behind the scenes work in the book as Ender is viciously manipulated all the time. Plus I'd have thought it would be in two parts one for the battle school and one for the command school, my concern is they're going to cut a lot of the gritty-ness out.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
gwilym101 said:
As far as I remember his politics isn't really present in the books at all.

I'm hopeful this will be good, but the book is really dark and there is so much behind the scenes work in the book as Ender is viciously manipulated all the time. Plus I'd have thought it would be in two parts one for the battle school and one for the command school, my concern is they're going to cut a lot of the gritty-ness out.
From what Asa Butterfield (actor playing Andrew 'Ender' Wiggin) has said the film is still pretty dark and gritty, but of course anyone expecting to see naked boys running around is naive or possibly deluded; Asa says he thinks they're aiming for PG-13 (You can get away with a lot at that rating these days) so just don't go in expecting to see an 18/R rated film.

Source:
http://www.endersansible.com/2013/05/08/asa-butterfield-ama/

And as for why it hasn't been broken down into battle and command school, well I honestly think it's because there wouldn't be enough material for two films, and that they had to compress the amount of time that passed in the film for what ever reasons, mainly because finding two or possibly even three sets of actors for all the kids as they age from 6 to 11/12 would be too hard or costly or both.

Moralio

Feb 2, 2012
Love the books (especially Ender's Game), don't really like the author as a person, and this trailer looks interesting. Hoping for at least good sc-fi flick.

MXRom

Jan 10, 2013
I seem to see child actors as just kids witha camera in their faces. Not very often do you get one that genuinely acts and instead just frown deeply as if that's supposed to be the all encompassing facial feature of every human emotion.

The trailer doesn't help argue against that. I just hope I'm wrong, because if Asa can't get it right, it won't be Ender's Game. It'll just be a kid in what is supposed to be Ender's Game.