Endings That Made You Depressed

Fawcks

May 10, 2010
Wolf's Rain was the most depressing ever.

The wolves, in their search for paradise, find themselves within a snow covered, barren wasteland, which was to become paradise. The villain, Darcia, determined to go to Paradise himself, goes there as well. The wolves fight against Darcia, but he is a wolf at least twice their size, and all are killed. Kiba, the white wolf is the last one alive, and attempts to fight him off, but fails. In the end, Darcia attempts to enter Paradise, but since he is not truly a wolf, and is impure, he is destroyed. Only his eye remains. The flower maiden then dies of her injuries and changes into seeds of the Lunar Flower, the sign of Paradise. The White wolf, barely alive, attempts to disperse these seeds, but soon succumbs to his injuries and collapses... The ice below him begins to melt as paradise is born, and he sinks down, eyes fixated on the moon above...

... However, Darcia's eye, which remained behind, contaminated the new world as it was born. It spread and infected the lunar flowers, and they died. Fast forward, we see the wolves once more in the realm of humanity, as they were in the beginning of the series, back to the starting point. Paradise was not born.

I cried.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Most games I really like and spend a while playing make me feelsad when they end, mostly beacuse after having spent a few weeks playing them I just hate to see them end.

Particulalry sad endings, Red Dead for sure, Also Fallout New Vegas for some reason, probably because I had grown attached to Sebastian, my bisexual sharpshooter of the wastelands with a heart of gold.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Pecoros7 said:
Cowboy Bebop. I've seen that ending many times and I always cry as the ending theme begins to play.
This, with the same effect.

God, that show is so great it kills me.

Daxter343

Dec 9, 2009
I get depressed at the end of each Zelda game. Not cause it's sad. Not even because I'm afraid that Nintendo is going to butcher the next one (50% chance). It's cause I grew up on Zelda. It's a reason that I have tried to type out in this box about fifty times. I really don't know why.

sdmblack

Apr 18, 2010
Chrono Trigger. Well, the bonus ending to chrono trigger.you spend many MANY hours getting attached to these characters, and the hero gets married to the beautiful princess in the end and everything is lovely forever...

Spoilers

Until the comedy relief character from halfway through the game becomes hitler and burns down everything, and it is revealed in the sequel, which features few of the same characters, and those it does feature, doesn't acknowledge, yet simultaneously kills them off, all while literally stating that you didnt accomplish shit last time, even by killing the monster that would eat the world who BY THE WAY is perfectly fine and has been self promoted to eating TIME. Then they made THAT game a cliff-hanger, and left it as such since 1998. How's THAT for closure?