Enemies that you absolutely hate to fight in video games

Ashtovo

Jul 25, 2009
bosses that confuse large health bars with challenging fights (or ones that confuse 1 hit kills with challenging but thats less annoying)

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
Combine Zombies. I fucking hate them. WHY DON'T YOU SHOVE THOSE GRENADES UP YOUR BUTTS, YOU ABOMINATIONS!? Seriously, fuck those things...

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
LorisBoi said:
snip
snip

Don't forget the Yans. Cheating little fuckers
True, but at least you don't have to fight those things in order to progress with the story.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Hunde Des Krieg said:
Combine Zombies. I fucking hate them. WHY DON'T YOU SHOVE THOSE GRENADES UP YOUR BUTTS, YOU ABOMINATIONS!? Seriously, fuck those things...
Shit how did I forget those little motherfuckers. DAMN IT ZOMBINE!!! PISS OFF!!!

vazzaroth

May 19, 2009
Bats. Goddamn Bats. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoddamnedBats] Including Zubats as people brought up. And those damn swarms from Prince of Persia!

More specifically, the Mind Flayer lookalikes in Demon's Souls. Ugh. Impossible, AND terrifying.

In fact, EVERYTHING in Demon's Souls!

LorisBoi

Feb 17, 2010
scorptatious said:
LorisBoi said:
snip
snip

Don't forget the Yans. Cheating little fuckers
True, but at least you don't have to fight those things in order to progress with the story.
Alas, an excellent point! They are the optional unfairness that must be added into all JRPGs by law! But not fighting all the enemies and levelling up as far as I can always feels like I'm leaving out some of the game that I paid good money to play. It's like ordering steak in a restaurant. Sure the steak is what it's all about, but leaving the peppercorn sauce seems like I'm missing out on the whole experience. I always take the optional bosses and monsters as a personal challenge to my manhood that if I don't ride in head on to meet them Hironobu Sakaguchi and Yoshinori Kitase are going to turn up at my house and chop my cock and balls off. I can't be doing with that, to be honest.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
Those flying, exploding bastards in Duke Nukem 3D, they take lots of damage to die and take big chucks of health away, the only way I could kill them is by sneaking up on them or hitting them from a distance. Just a few weeks ago I noticed it only took a few shotgun shells to kill them.

Speaking of things that took a while, there's that barrel from the Carnival zone in Sonic 3 took about 5 years until I could figure out what to do.

striderbuddy

Feb 8, 2011
pretentiousname01 said:
Gary oak.

Such a massive troll, Always showing up at the worst times.
Props to you good sir/madam, pokemon rivals suck. (especially Gary). I liked Lucas (rival from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl) because he actually helped you toward the end of the game. However, you cannot ignore Gary Oak's girth. Unless you are Trainer Red. Trainer Red is the Chuck Norris equivalent of the pokemon universe.

I also hate those enemies that pop up when you try to jump across a ledge in a Megaman game. I hate them. Those jerks.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Stalkers in dead space 2 are over 9000 levels of ***** to fight. It's not even fun to kill them; I just get into a corner and hit them with the line gun when they charge.

TerribleTwitch

Mar 3, 2010
ANYTHING in Amnesia since you can't actually fight back, not even with a kick to the shin. Does this even count?

NintendHo

Oct 28, 2010
Garradors in RE4. I would want to get the hell away from them quickly but of course running alerts them to your location and then they start wagging their blades at you. That room after the clock tower where there were two of them flanked by zealots sends me into a cold sweat even thinking about it.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
baddude1337 said:
Cazadors in New Vegas. If your less than level 10, run like a *****.
If there is more than 6 of them at any level run like a *****. Seriously fuck those things.

Death on Trapezoids

Nov 19, 2009
Yeah, I'm gonna have to say the stalkers in Dead Space 2.

Clever girls!

especially in the beginning when you have neither the mine gun nor decent stasis reserves.

The gunships in red faction are more annoying than anything; a single shot from the nano rifle is all it takes to dissolve a wing and cause them to hit the ground and land EXPLODE, but on a bad day (or if you're being shot to pieces) you can run through an entire clip of the stuff before you finally hit the wing.

Finally, I despise the scientist guy that replaces dogs in the pentagon zombies level of Black Ops.

Enjoying that pack-a-punched ray gun/thunder gun/spas-12? YOINK!

EDIT:
WanderFreak said:
Most recently: the horde in Dead Space 2. They're easy enough if you just stand in a corner (they only take one shot from the assault rifle to take down), but that's not fun. It's just irritating.
I actually don't mind fighting the horde, if only because the provide often much needed health pack, ammo and cash infusions for a fraction of the ammo and pain it would cost obtaining a similar amount from, oh, I don't know, slashers, or pukers, or pregnants, or maybe even stalkers...
Guess it just depends on your outlook.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
THe Legion hit squad in New Vegas, they killed me so many times but got killed by a swarm of Cazadors.

Every enemy in Afro Samuri

The Hobbe summoners, Hollowman Summoners, and the Bandit captians in Fable 3. You can't fight them without being knocked out at least once.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
baddude1337 said:
Cazadors in New Vegas. If your less than level 10, run like a *****.

The Patriarch in Killing Floor. On higher difficulty settings with 6 people he is basically invincible.

There are probably loads more, I just can't think of them right now.
I agree with you on both.

Especially the Patriarch. Oh god the chaingun! But he's so satisfying to take down.

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
Wolfram01 said:
Red Eye Knights.
*shudders* *rocks in the fetal position*

My nightmares are haunted by my encounters with those guys. I can't block the spear... WHY can't I block the spear?!

My personal worst enemies would have to be any that stun lock and juggle you. Prototype comes to mind. That games goes from "ROFL this is too easy!" to "Omg, I'm getting molested by 12 hulking bad guys with 20 hit unblockable, uninteruptable combos! How the hell do I fight them?" Way to do introduce new enemies slowly. That's like teaching someone to fight by throwing them into a cage full of tigers.

Stupid game. inFamous was way better.