Environments that made you shed a tear

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Nutty Acres in Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. This post is going to stick out like a sore thumb, but that level was amazing. I don't recall crying, though.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
ninja555 said:
For me it would be the Crashed Frigate in Metroid Prime. Everything in it is so well done. The looks, the music, the way everything moves in the water, just blends together into one of the most perfect levels every made.
My favourite is the Phendrana Drifts. The bright snowy environments are exquisite to explore, topped off with a gorgeous piano theme.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Morrowind.

Special mention goes to Crysis. I keep forgetting how damnably pretty the game is.

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
Nothing has ever made me shed a tear, but in Mass Effect 2, on the beginning when you go outside of Normandy and see all the planets and stars, that was fucking beautiful. It was like, the Normandy is on fire, everything is exploding, its chaotic, then you just suddenly step out of the ships forcefield, theres no sound besides your breathing, you see all the planets and stars which didnt look just like a cheap low res skybox, that was awesome.

Jojo1378

Feb 17, 2010
Porbably the second I scrolled out in Spores Space stage...that is quite insanely huge!

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Standing on top of suicide hill, looking at dementia and mania was a "whoa moment" (The Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion). That was a "whoa moment." I have yet to shed a tear for an environment.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
There are many areas in Red Dead Redemption that fit this description, but Ojo del Diablo around sunset and Tall Trees around sunrise... Just amazing.

PPB

May 25, 2009
I never shed a tear over a game environment, but the closest was the aforementioned Normandy crash site in Mass Effect 2.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
While I've never cried for a game's environment (Or a game in general) I think Fallout 3 really nailed that sense of having the whole world as your oyster, the music, the sunlight and of course the beautiful wasteland.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
I would have to say a lot of places in Red Dead Redemption. Getting to the top of Nekoti Rock, the highest point in the game, is pretty awesome, as is the view over Beecher's Hope and just looking down the road in Armadillo. The last place just made me think 'I'm in a real western!'

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
MGS 3, the end when you meet boss and have a talk about stuff. I don't know if it was the setting of the scene or the writing, but never the less. I cried like a baby there.

ziggy161

Aug 29, 2008
OceanRunner said:
ninja555 said:
For me it would be the Crashed Frigate in Metroid Prime. Everything in it is so well done. The looks, the music, the way everything moves in the water, just blends together into one of the most perfect levels every made.
My favourite is the Phendrana Drifts. The bright snowy environments are exquisite to explore, topped off with a gorgeous piano theme.
Yeah I loved that area...

Doctor Polaris

Aug 18, 2010
Bioshock blew me away the first time I played it. The very beginning when you're swimming around in the water looked absolutely amazing. At any point where you actually got to look outside and see the rest of the city was breathtaking as well.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
One environmental occurence that had me stunned was in Red Dead Redemption when I was riding through Thieves Landing and noticed everything had a slightly subdued tone to it. I stopped near one of the small bridges going over the water and wss able to look to the horizon to see the sunrise. I just left Marston sitting there to watch the sun come up. That was one amazing moment.