Episode 3 'confirmed' by Newell

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Episode 3 has been implied since the release of Episode 2. Either Episode 3 or a third Half Life. I know it'll be done when it's done but it's kind of old news at this point that it's in development.

Chainsaw_Chuck

Dec 7, 2010
GenericPCUser said:
Gabe is very bad at haikus... last line has 6 syllables, not 5.
I got the impression that he was sort of being ironic. He did say in the second line that they have a rigid structure, then he proceeded to not follow that structure. At least that's just the way I read it.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Urgh some of these HL fans are fucking pathetic. No offence to the perfectly decent individuals out there, of which there are many, but some of these HL fans are just desperately picking at any scrap of information to interpret any vague hint of HL3 and it's release.

Seriously fucking stop it. Stop sitting at the edge of your seat expecting HL3 to be released tomorrow and wait patiently until Valve released some solid information, and while you're at it stop ranting about Valve not releasing it sooner as well because that's just as idiotic.

Nathan Crumpler

Sep 1, 2011
Snake Plissken said:
I don't give a fuck.
Just release it already.
The whining will stop.

Holy shit, this is
fun. All my posts will be in
Haiku from now on.
I hate poetry, especially haikus.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
As a guy who haven't played half-life games yet, I have decided to wait until episode 3 has a release date before I purchase and play the previous games in the series.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Nathan Crumpler said:
Snake Plissken said:
I don't give a fuck.
Just release it already.
The whining will stop.

Holy shit, this is
Haiku from now on.
Ummm...cool story, bro.

I don't know what to tell you...and I'm baffled as to why you felt the need to reply to my comment.

Wait, wait...hang on:

Um, cool story, bro.
I don't know what to tell you.
Don't read my comments.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
It's strange how the other bosses of the games industry try to present themselves as professional and business minded (and we hate them for it) or in tune with the (trash talking) gamers (and we hate them for it) and yet Gabe Newell just sits and taunts us and everyone* smiles and says yeah, we like Gabe.

[sub]*okay, almost everyone. Everyone except those who want to kill him, or think Steam is the work of Satan or declare he's ruined L4D, or TF2, or Portal, or... hmmm, maybe I should have said 'some people' instead...[/sub]

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Is this really news though? or at least surprising? I mean, they said they were going to do a three episode release, itd be weird if they only stopped after two.

Now when it gets a date, that will be news. Gabe just basically trolled someone.

messy said:

He says in the line before "they have a rigid structure" which he ironically breaks in the last line.
Or he's just bad at them.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Lukeje said:
That is so evil.
Haikus should be used for good.
Cure for cancer is...
GAH! YOU RUINS EVERYTHING! D:

(In seriousness
I laughed really quite hard there.
Thank you very much.)

Exile714

Feb 11, 2009
I was excited for HL2EP3 in 2006 when they said it would be coming out in A YEAR. EP1-6mos-EP2-6mos-EP3... just like that.

Well, now I have a wife, a kid, a law degree, a job, a house, and Minecraft. I occasionally think back on my time with the Black Mesa East crew, but honestly I've moved on.

If it comes out, which I suspect it will eventually, I will probably get it. However, these little teases and hints no longer have any effect on me.

StarCecil

Feb 28, 2010
At this point, I'm not excited for Episode 3 as much as I am angry that it's taken almost a decade to release a third of a game. Wasn't episodic content supposed to reduce development time? Valve needs someone to help them get their shit together. Say what you will about EA or Activision; they at least keep deadlines.

HyperCubed4

Oct 2, 2009
Arqus_Zed said:
Is episode 3 really coming out?
Shouldn't they just skip straight to Half-Life 3?

I mean, honestly, I'm not sure I can be exited about episodic content being released with an interval of over 4 years!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/tman987/oFDki.png

I thought it was funny. Although, Episode 3 would kind of ruin this picture... assuming they release it this decade.

Nathan Crumpler

Sep 1, 2011
Snake Plissken said:
Nathan Crumpler said:
Snake Plissken said:
I don't give a fuck.
Just release it already.
The whining will stop.

Holy shit, this is
Haiku from now on.
Ummm...cool story, bro.

I don't know what to tell you...and I'm baffled as to why you felt the need to reply to my comment.

Wait, wait...hang on:

Um, cool story, bro.
Don't read my comments.
Snake Plissken said:
Nathan Crumpler said:
Snake Plissken said:
I don't give a fuck.
Just release it already.
The whining will stop.

Holy shit, this is
Haiku from now on.
Ummm...cool story, bro.

Wait, wait...hang on:

Um, cool story, bro.
Don't read my comments.
Nothing personal against you.

I just really... hate... poetry...

This compelled me to reply

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Really? They're making episode 3? How surprising! Talk to me when you've got a date and then 6 months after that date I'll start to get excited.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Oh God, we're going on Newell's haikus now?

Desperate time I guess. At least it was funny.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I thought it was already confirmed.

"Confirmed" as in it's possibly, maybe coming sometime before the world ends... hopefully.