Episode 3 'confirmed' by Newell

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
GenericPCUser said:
Gabe is very bad at haikus... last line has 6 syllables, not 5.
Except they actually have 5. 5-7-5

OT: We knew it was happening, we just don't know exactly when it's releasing. They seem to be writing somewhere between 10 and 20 lines of code per week, but which one is right could severely affect when we get the game.

CthulhuMessiah

Apr 28, 2011
RYjet911 said:
CthulhuMessiah said:
A patch containing all of the updates the PC version of TF2 was confirmed to come to the console. Guess what? They said it isn't happening.
While the console version is hardly played compared to the PC version, there is also the fact that since all the updates, TF2 has DOUBLED in size. It's probably more a memory limitation more than anything.
I understand that, but This [http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2096] and This [http://www.tf2.com/post.php?id=2394] blog post said we are getting the update, and in an article which I can't find (I swear it isn't just in my head), we aren't.

I can understand not getting all the weapons, maps, etc, but we still haven't gotten the small patches, such as patching the Demoman's sticky grenades.

shadowelancer

Mar 18, 2009
Its no longer episode 3 to me its just Half life 3 because episodic gaming is supposed to be done quicker and have shorter games and i get the feeling that if theyve been working on HL2EP3 all this time then its probably longer than half life 1 and 2 as well as eps 1 and 2 COMBINED

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
OK. How many confirmations is this? I've lost count. Still, I'm sure it will be worth the wait and I'm really excited about CS:GO.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Dabono said:
Gabe Newell seems to have confirmed Episode 3 in a haiku response to a fan: http://i.imgur.com/9znCu.jpg.

Are you excited? Or will all the hype only lead to disappointment?
it seems he was trying to get hopes up by ending it on ships in and no date is said (you know following a 5-7-5 structure of haiku)

Memor-X

Oct 3, 2010
i'm not sure if the image is real, considering that the bottom of gabes reply is cut off and ends with Episode 3 ships in

plus also, if he has time to be replying to fans on gmail, he has time to be wiping Valve in making episode 3, not L4D, not CS, not no LoL game like thingy, we can wait for those since we've been waitng years of Episode 3

my friend told me that he may wait 13 years before releasing Episode 3 because he wants it to be the next Duke Nukem Forever, ofcause she also went to say that

"if that fat b****** thinks he can pull that on people wanting to see what happened after episode 2, he can kiss Half-Life goodbye cause after 5 years, some Inide will make a Episode 3 with an improved Source Engine and release it for free as a fan game and he can't sue them cause if he does he then have to sue for every fan made portal, left for dead and counter strike game"

though i wouldn't put too much wait on her words, she's a hacker and for our website she won't manage a facebook page but will manage a google+ page

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I refuse to believe anything about the next Half-Life game until I have a copy in my hand and it's ready to be played.

Mr. 47

May 25, 2011
*gasp*

I hope they do as they did with Portal 2 and port it to the PS3. I don't want to be playing the (assumed) last of this story arc on shit-low quality.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Captain Ponyholder said:
honestdiscussioner said:
Oh wow. 2019 will be a great year, since that's about when it should come out.
No, it will be pushed back to 2027. Don't you read the Future News?
My guess is somewhere around 2035, factoring in the delays due to Gabe Newell fat jokes.