Erotic Role-Play Police to Patrol World of Warcraft

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
DazBurger said:
What happens in Goldshire, stays in Goldshire...
Except Herpes... No wait... MMO... SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT! WOOOT!

The policing thing actually sounds likea decent thing

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
Amnestic said:
crack Erotic Role-Play Police saddle up and go to work.
That mental image will last for weeks! Curse you.

On topic: there isn't much that can be done about stuff like this, I always just thought it would be part of the online experience. Can see why people get riled up about it though.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Schlagwerk said:
Amnestic said:
One would assume it's just that - a naughty whisper that was unasked for, one which was unsolicited, at which point the report will go out and Blizzard's crack Erotic Role-Play Police saddle up and go to work.
I was wondering more of what heuristic they would use to determine if, indeed, the whisper was unsolicited and offensive. It would have to be finely tuned to determine if it was happening in real time. That could be tricky, and easily overstep its bounds, shooting off automatic reports without need.

I'm sure all communication is logged somewhere, so it's probably a moot point in the long run. :shrug:
Not tricky at all. Sending a single whisper isn't usually solicitation. The person can be told to fuck off. It's when they get persistantand the solicitor is reported that this can be implemented.

If someone whispers another, and the response they get is "Not right now dear, I just wanna quest", the consequences won't be as harsh as if they see "Ewwww, you fucking creep, why are you saying that?"

ike42

Feb 25, 2009
This story reminded me of this really old story: http://bitnexus.net/RP/viewtopic.php.htm

If you haven't seen this you should do yourself the favor, back when I fist read it I laughed so hard I peed a little.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Well, the fact that they're sending GM hit-squads to sort out the issue for now means two things as far as I can interpret.

1: Goldshire will not be destroyed in Cataclysm.

2: When the cyber-force catches wind of this they'll simply move their exploits to more remote areas, or even worse, into Stormwind!

gelles

Nov 28, 2009
Unsolicted whisper (one of the tamer ones I've gotten):

Random Person: Hello, there! I see you're new in the area. Do you have a moment to stop by?
My Lowbie Alt: Nah, I'm just passing through. Seeing what kind of work I can get, that sort of thing.
Random Person: Would you like some company? I have this bottle of wine. Perhaps we can get to know each other more intimately.
My Lowbie Alt: ((What - Are you soliciting me for sex?!))
Random Person: ((My bad. Thought you were into that.))
/ignore Random Person

That was a painful ten levels until I turned off all forms of chat.

It's even worse when other servers are down and everybody crams level 1 alts into the area.

I can only hope that this policing takes the form of periodic infernals raining from the sky to kill them all with fire.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Man up nancy! Can the prudes getting their panties in a bunch please keep their "think of the children" bullshit to real life and leave online alone.

Newsflash "dad" your son (if he is really yours, something tells me that if you are so squeamish about text you can't be that good at the real thing) will be "exposed" to all sorts of "objectionable" material in the course of his life. You need to talk with him about it rather than trying to keep little Cody in a bubble.

Here is a conversation template:

"Son, those idiots there are probably 400lb gravy sweating losers who have never touched a real breast in their lives. If I catch you acting like that I will beat you within an inch of your life. Carry on then."

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Oh God, this is hilarious! It's things like this that make me glad I don't play MMOs.

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
Ultrajoe said:
I recently went to Lion's Pride on my own server. There were plenty of people naked around the place, that's for sure.

The fact that I was there as Horde to maim and kill might have added to my immense satisfaction.
Oh yes. Crazy man runs around murdering strippers. Wait... isn't that GTA?

Still, you recieve +1 _ of _.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
BWaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Holy crap.....my stomach hurts but can't stop laughing. Tears pouring out of eyes. Oh the hilarity.

I can't believe this happens let alone has become a problem.....and to the father of the kids, all I can say is "Experience online subject to change".

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Wow, so isn't this taking away from the whole RP thing? I don't like this...
I mean, sure, this isn't really a great loss, but who knows: what next?
"Oh, my little boy was introduced to dirty homosexuals through chatting with some players"- The word 'gay' banned from chat.
"Oh, my little girl had a naughty boy "flirt" with her with emoty-thingies"- no emotes.
Yeah, it's probably a little over the top, but it could totally happen.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Erotic chats and stripping Taurens and Orcs? Sign me up! This is disgusting!

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
I'm here to break the ugly wall of silence. My level 75 night elf druid was ruffied by a level 80 blood elf paladin. What happened next isn't appropriate to describe in these forums, except to say it involved a couple of stuns, a baby murlock and the business end of a mace.

I would request that in addition to further policing, Blizzard also start a Goldshire support group, for survivors of erotic role playing assault.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Jaredin said:
THe problem is, I am sure they will just find somewhere else for it
I don't see a problem here, since the point is not thoughtcrime, but people cybering in places where it bothers a lot of people. Right at the bottom of the article it say that they won't monitor PMs.