Escape to the Movies: 2 Guns

Bindal

May 14, 2012
So, instead of Smurfs 2, he reviewed 2 Gun... does that make the movie "Smurfs2Guns", a movie with an INCREDIBLE stupid joke-name I just made up?

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Don't worry Bob. :D Andre The Black Nerd already took care of Smurfs 2.

Anyway, what's next to review? Or are you going to go back and review Man Of Steel again, like you said you might?

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
Grimh said:
That's great that you didn't subject yourself to the Smurfs.
I would see 2 Guns but today the world premiere of Pacific Rim finally managed to scramble over to my country.
So I'm gonna go see that.
A wise choice, giant robots versus Godzilla beat out a buddy action movie anyway. And it has the same selling point as 2 Guns, its not the Smurfs.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Gilhelmi said:
The Gentleman said:
Gilhelmi said:
Someday Bob, you will promise a fan that you will review any movie they choose.

I hope they choose Smurfs 2.
And that is why he'll never do a Child's Play auction ever again...

The bar for this year is so low, we're practically playing review limbo at this point...
Does.... Does an episode like that really exist? An Episode where Bob give a tortured but hilarious review of a movie no one in their right minds saw?

Oh please tell me that episode does exist. That would be superb.
Well, there was Twilight: Breaking Dawn I [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/4980-Breaking-Dawn-Part-1] & II. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/6525-Twilight-Breaking-Dawn-Part-Two] Albeit the torture is enhanced by his love for the Tanuki Suit.

CaptainThom

Jun 24, 2013
Ickabod said:
Sorry but Elysium is going to suck. Too dark, too depressing.
Why does dark and depressing mean its going to suck? Not all movies have to be happy and funny.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
CaptainThom said:
Ickabod said:
Sorry but Elysium is going to suck. Too dark, too depressing.
Why does dark and depressing mean its going to suck? Not all movies have to be happy and funny.
I think it's because we've been inundated with movies and video games like that recently, and we're getting sick of it. I thought we got past that type when it was in comic books.

OT: 2 guns looks kinda meh, nothing we haven't seen before. I thought today's review would be Meet the Millers.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Did Denzel make any guarantees this time around? You know what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg71ZNlZRX4

Sel Sama

Dec 14, 2012
Bob, Who ever wanted you to review Surfs 2, should be dragged out into a back alley and shot, for the good of the human race.

There are some weeks, this isn't one of them, where two or more movies, that you should review come out, one those weeks, perhaps adding 2ish min to the run time length of escape to the movies and then spiting the time between both of them would be nice. Or doing the review in one of your columns, there have been several releases this year, I was surprised you did not review.

Sel

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Smuuuuuuurfs! Bloody blue garden pests is what they are! Smuuuuurfs!! Nurse! NURSE! It's happening again!

For some reason, I begin to rupture blood vessels out of pure hatred whenever smurfs are brought into the picture. Any picture. I'd like to flood their stupid mushroom village with pesticides and move in with the lawn mower.

Smuuurffffss!!

(Thank you for sparing me as much agony as possible. I'd have watched a review of a decomposing swan rather than the Smurfs)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
MovieBob said:
MovieBob gives his two cents on the upcoming 2 Guns.
You know Bob, I'm honestly surprised you didn't review R.I.P.D. I mean the thing was only advertised on this site with banners, pre-video ads, and box ads for WEEKS. Any particular reason you skipped over that one?

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
I guess I'm just evil, but I had my hopes up that we'd get to hear Bob rip into Smurfs 2 for 4 to 5 minutes. Lots of good kids movies out there so when they poop out a bad one some needs to rip it apart.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
I kind of laughed when he said he would rather review a movie with two "middling actors", I am guess he meant not top stars, but Geez, if Denzel and Walberg aren't two of our bigger stars right now.. Though I really think we don't have an Arnold, Hanks, Prime Cruise, to hold movies right now.. Tatum, Hemsworth, might do it if they get a super movie, non-super hero.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Grimh said:
I would see 2 Guns but today the world premiere of Pacific Rim finally managed to scramble over to my country.
What backwater country do you live in? Zimbabwe? North Korea? The Republic of Congo?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
MovieBob said:
2 Guns

MovieBob gives his two cents on the upcoming 2 Guns.

Watch Video
Bob, the correct phrase is could not care less, to care less implies that you care.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Abomination said:
Grimh said:
What backwater country do you live in? Zimbabwe? North Korea? The Republic of Congo?
It's this nondescript little country in the middle of nowhere called Sweden.

I doubt you've heard of it.

ApothecaryZim

Sep 6, 2011
I know it's been a few weeks since it opened, but I'm really surprised/disappointed that Bob hasn't reviewed The Conjuring, which I felt was one of the best actual horror movies to come out in recent memory. I only point this out in lieu of other good movies to talk about, but then, I'm in Australia where we often play catch-up to the release-schedule of the USA (eg: Pain and Gain is only just about to come out)

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Grimh said:
Abomination said:
Grimh said:
It's this nondescript little country in the middle of nowhere called Sweden.

I doubt you've heard of it.
Sweden? Is that an island in the Pacific or something?

Ooh, I think I heard about it during World War II. The Americans had to fight the Axis there or something.