Escape to the Movies: 2 Guns

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
The Gentleman said:
Gilhelmi said:
The Gentleman said:
Gilhelmi said:
Someday Bob, you will promise a fan that you will review any movie they choose.

I hope they choose Smurfs 2.
And that is why he'll never do a Child's Play auction ever again...

The bar for this year is so low, we're practically playing review limbo at this point...
Does.... Does an episode like that really exist? An Episode where Bob give a tortured but hilarious review of a movie no one in their right minds saw?

Oh please tell me that episode does exist. That would be superb.
Well, there was Twilight: Breaking Dawn I [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/4980-Breaking-Dawn-Part-1] & II. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/6525-Twilight-Breaking-Dawn-Part-Two] Albeit the torture is enhanced by his love for the Tanuki Suit.
Oh, I remember them now. The joy of seeing everyone kill each other. The rage that it was all a huge cop-out.

I should go back and re-watch some of those classic episodes.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
... Nah. Think I give it a miss. I'll stick to seeing Alan partridge papa alpha if you don't mind Bob.

Nuxxy

Feb 3, 2011
Grimh said:
Abomination said:
Grimh said:
That's great that you didn't subject yourself to the Smurfs.
I would see 2 Guns but today the world premiere of Pacific Rim finally managed to scramble over to my country.
So I'm gonna go see that.
What backwater country do you live in? Zimbabwe? North Korea? The Republic of Congo?
It's this nondescript little country in the middle of nowhere called Sweden.

I doubt you've heard of it.
South Africa the same - Pacific Rim has just been released.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Abomination said:
Grimh said:
Abomination said:
Grimh said:
That's great that you didn't subject yourself to the Smurfs.
I would see 2 Guns but today the world premiere of Pacific Rim finally managed to scramble over to my country.
So I'm gonna go see that.
What backwater country do you live in? Zimbabwe? North Korea? The Republic of Congo?
It's this nondescript little country in the middle of nowhere called Sweden.

I doubt you've heard of it.
Sweden? Is that an island in the Pacific or something?

Ooh, I think I heard about it during World War II. The Americans had to fight the Axis there or something.
So you have heard of it.
Huh...
I'm impressed.

On a weirdly related note, the movie premieres in Japan next week.
The place that inspired most of it is seeing it pretty much last of all.

EDIT*
Nuxxy said:
South Africa the same - Pacific Rim has just been released.
Yeah it sucks.

But hey, now I've finally seen it and personally it was worth the wait.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Grimh said:
On a weirdly related note, the movie premieres in Japan next week.
The place that inspired most of it is seeing it pretty much last of all.
I'm thinking that has more to do with translations/dubs than regional releases.

But how well it is received in Japan is something I'm going to be very interested in.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Abomination said:
I'm thinking that has more to do with translations/dubs than regional releases.
Yeah you're probably right. I just found it slightly amusing.

[quote post="6.824057.19967399"]
But how well it is received in Japan is something I'm going to be very interested in.[/quote]
Yeah definitely, me too.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
The worst part is you know Smurfs is guaranteed to AT LEAST be a trilogy, so we're going to get at least one more of them >.>

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
Oh come on Movie Bob. Smurf 2 is a perfectly good movie for what it is trying to be. Kids will love it, parents will survive it. Not everything is going to be targeted at the 18-30 demographic nor should it. Not saying you should review it, not saying I'm going to watch it, but for what it is for what it is trying to be, there is no shame in it.

Well maybe a little shame.

thermo1

Dec 10, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
I lost focus part way through there when Bob said 'could care less'.

I think I passed out from blind rage for a second...

Sounds like a fun, but forgettable movie.
Evil Smurf said:
MovieBob said:
2 Guns

MovieBob gives his two cents on the upcoming 2 Guns.

Watch Video
Bob, the correct phrase is could not care less, to care less implies that you care.
I came to the comments to see if this annoyed anyone else (probably the British)

The review tone felt to me like you were going to recommend it for one viewing or a rental. I was surprised by the lack of recommendation, but I guess it just looks reasonable in comparison to the rest of the crap out there.

dekenfrost

Jan 15, 2013
MCerberus said:
As someone dragged to the Smurfs babysitting my niece, I can empathize with Bob here. I too am haunted by the nightmare of that film, it's dull lifelessness injecting itself into my brain every time I try and sleep.
Those guys were pretty hilarious. It's also another Site where the Videos are not blocked at work to thanks for that! :)

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
But that clip you showed means that Smurfs 2 has NPH in it... that means it can't possibly be all bad, right? Right? T_T