Escape to the Movies: A Good Day to Die Hard

Joe Leon

Feb 14, 2013
Uff, my fave was the 3rd one! Neither of the recent ones has a semblance to the 1rst 3, save for Bruce Willis. Why don't they call it Hostage 1 & 2 or something?

frobalt

Jan 2, 2012
Falseprophet said:
Damn, I think I have seen every previous Bruce Willis film. Curse this time of year and its lack of decent cinema!

Interestingly, this is the first Die Hard film that was actually written to be a Die Hard film. The first two were based on completely unrelated books--the first was 1968 film starring Frank Sinatra [http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/762646.Nothing_Lasts_Forever]. The third and fourth films were screenplays floating around Hollywood where they penciled in John McClane for the main character.
You've been reading Cracked articles, haven't you?

This movie sucking does not surprise me 1 bit. Hollywood will milk whatever it can dry. They could have done this film without relating it to Die Hard.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
OK, what was that Blackwater cover a 'shop of? Because I know it can't be real. For one thing, there's a Kinect logo on it, and Blackwater wasn't still called Blackwater by the time Kinect came out.

Wait, it was real?! [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_%28video_game%29] OK, now I'm disturbed on a number of levels...

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
piscian said:
Chernobyl isn't Russian :p
That, plus Die Hard 3 wasn't even supposed to be a Die Hard movie. Think I heard that once they cast Bruce Willis, they changes a few names around and then made it into one. So that sorta makes it even more sad that the others were worse.

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
I think the question is are they going "awkward change of main character to offspring etc" or is John Mcclane really going to die hard, the first one is obvious second one is possible to implement in to the first one. But come on let him die and make something new.

Oh and I'm almost embarrassedly sure I've seen all those Bruce Willie movies... Need to watch less movies I think 'cus expendables 2 was really as bad as they say....
*takes out wallet and goes and watch another movie...*

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
What the hell is with that string of numbers in the first- OH! Never mind, I got it. And... seems about right. Certainly not going to see this with the expectation that it'll be the best Die Hard ever. Still, no way it could be worse than Live Free Or.

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
I like how Bruce Willis keeps angrily shouting about being on vacation, even though it's well established that he's not going to Russia for a vacation.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I came out from the cinema 1hour 45 minutes ago
As you say Bob I can't remember too much except for action, explosions and a few funny punchlines
But I still enjoy it :)
And yay for "the whole yard" movies to be on the list xD

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Y'know the really sad thing? The really, REALLY sad thing?

I have seen all but the two most recent films on that list.

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
Well good to know. Though oddly enough the intermission this week was why I liked 4 over 2. I was entertained enough that I didn't notice the flaws. Though will agree 1,3,2,4,5 is the way when judged on quality of them. Was nice to cap off watching 1,2,and 3(which were all on cable this week) with your review. Thank you on the reminder for Looper. I haven't seen that one yet. Then again Wrek it Ralph is a higher priority then Looper is all.

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
They somehow survive falling out of/thorough a building twice? LOL wasn't that the entire setup/joke of "The Other Guys"? The fact that action heroes in so many movies break suspension of disbelief just a few times to many?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
that is crazy that ive actually seen all but 3 of the listed bruce willis movies... XD well this one will be 4