Escape to the Movies: Avengers: Assemble!

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
I absolutely LOVE cross overs, just something about them makes me so happy

Also some people might think this racist but COME ON! Why did they make Nick Fury Black!??! (Yes I realize Black Fury is Ultimate Fury but still)if anything this is the regular Marvel Universe NOT the Ultimate marvel universe!! I wish they'd start putting the proper actors for the proper roles, like a white guy playing a white guy and etc. Sure the actors who play these characters are great (example: Samuel playing Nick) but I still can't stand it
Well, the Ultimate Nick Fury was based around Samuel L. Jackson (they got his permission and everything) so it makes sense that in a live action version of the character, they get Jackson to play a version of the character. Also, the last time a live action Nick Fury thing was done he was played by David Hasselhoff... so yeah.

On Topic: Avengers movie prospect = great.
Idea for Captain America being a Dancer in WW2, explaining how he got the costume = A worse idea than self mutilation.

/Comic geek

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
We all have known where Captain America's shield has been for the past few years now:

On Steven Colbert's Wall

Who's up for a cameo of EPIC PROPORTIONS???

HitcH55

Mar 28, 2010
Thats how id like to die!

and Avengers movie is listed on IMDB, tho i dont know how reliable they are

and Hugo Weaving is the Red Skull - excellent casting!

skeanthu

Nov 16, 2007
I need a change of clothes and scarlet jo-jo in that tight leather, in my trailer, stat.

MalevolentJim

Aug 15, 2008
Don't know if it was mentioned before on the thread but bare in mind that the Spiderman series is being re-hashed and Wolverine went solo.Both members were at some stage in The Avengers,right?

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
I am not really a marvel fan and you are the first one to make those things sound good :p

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
Oh my god, I'm not even a Marvel fan (I prefer DC only because BATMAN is in that one), but even I was doing cartwheels in the aisles at the end of Iron Man when Sammy Jackson showed up. I saw that eye-patch, heard the name 'Nick Fury', heard the magic words "the Avengers Initiative", and (quite literally) whooped with joy. The best part was that no one else in my family is even remotely interested in comic books, so for them that last scene could have been Tony Stark getting a pizza and it would have held the same relevance. But OH MY GOD an Avengers movie! I'm actually glad that Spider-man and the X-men wouldn't be in the movie; it would just be too many people. Comics are one thing, because you can just place them in the background and the audience knows that they're there, but in films it would cost too much cash to get, say, Ellen Page in to be Shadowcat, just to stick her in the corner of the frame and not have her say anything. Plus, let's remember how badly the last X-men movie screwed over the X-men Universe, and ask ourselves if we really want any of them in this movie.

AVENGERS MOVIE!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

mchoueiri

Jun 10, 2009
hopefully this all works out so we can get an avenger film. pretty much had a nerdgasam when I saw this video. Also quick question does anyone know if the Punisher was ever on the avengers?

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
As much as I agree with you that the potential for greatness is enormous, I have to remain only cautiously optimistic. After all, there's also a lot of room for the story to get muddled and overly complex.

I'm looking forward to it, though.

AoGenius

Sep 9, 2009
Will be like X-Men movies. Too many heroes, they will all be boring characters who don't develop. And who's gonna be this movie's Wolverine?

KillerH

Apr 7, 2009
I would if their going to throw Henry Pym and his wife in...

The best part about this is that after they establish an avengers movie franchise (other than the animated one's) then you knowDC is going to follow.

Yelchor

Aug 30, 2009
A movie plot-intertwining story leading up to a mixed-together finale would be incredible! Though I'm a bit unsure of how they would deal with Thor. Might be difficult fitting in a fantasy element in an otherwise science-fiction oriented universe.

Feb 3, 2009
I'm so excited for this Avengers. It's going to kick so much ass.

Samuel L Jackson is a great Ultimate Universe (earth-1610) Nick Fury, after all that's who they based the character off anyway :D

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wow...it does all link which is scary!

Really looks like everything is linking together quite nicely =D

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
hmmmmm, I REALLY don't know how this is going to coherently work considering people might have to watch up to five movies to get to know these characters. If they're not careful it's just going to be one giant clusterfuck with little to no actual reason to care for the characters. I.E., exactly like every movie Michael Bay has ever done.

And yes, Tony's dad was involved with the Cap. In the scene where Pepper walks in on Tony taking his armor off you can see a shield below one of his arms. In a comic that came with the DVD if you bought it at Wal-Mart it says that Stark made Cap's shield or something like that (maybe it was actually his grandfather, I can't exactly remember).

Heiru

Apr 9, 2010
I blieve there is also a hidden "clue" where Tony Stark is developing the Captain America sheild.
I don't know if you can see it, but in this photo it may be on the table on the left side.
http://www.firstshowing.net/img/ironman-cptamerica-shield.jpg

Spitfire175

Jul 1, 2009
Call me pedantic, but I really dislike how Marvel buttrapes Viking mythology and Thor. I understand it comes from America, so the maker's concept of the rest of the world is mostly based on repeated misconceptions in a lazy educational system and of course, popular culture, but every time I see the "marvel Thor" I have to initiate operation tactical facepalm.

Anyhow, as a person who has literally never been into comic books all that much, this avengers thing could be a nice cultural voyage.