Escape to the Movies: Avengers

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
I want to turn the last title card around a bit. "Come on, Warner Brothers, up your game!"

They can do it. The problem is they try too hard. They keep swinging for the fences with huge budgets and striking out. Marvel movies only got good after a decade or more of low budget crap making every mistake they could. WB needs to back a string of modestly priced, not necessarily blockbuster DC super-hero movies until things start to click. Then they might be able to mount a Justice League movie that will be worthy of debating whether it matches or beats the Avengers.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Saw this last week(in Sweden) and I loved every second of it. Swedes are normaly quiet in theaters but there were a lot of cheers and laugh at loud moments and was met by applause when the credits rolled.
I might have to rethink my budget for the summer cause I can't imagine waiting fot thee DVD to see it again.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Went to the Midnight showing, was actually in the Marathon room with My Friend who had been there for 12h

It was a ton of fun despite missing some lines while the nerdgasms died down. I LOVED this movie, the humour and tone is almost pitch perfect and the after credits scene is just...wow. Its annoying me that I cant watch the review yet but will sit back and enjoy it later.

HULK SMASH!!!

Killing_Time

Mar 7, 2009
I am totally willing to bet that there'll be a scene after the credits of The Amazing Spider-Man that reveals he will be in The Avengers 2.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
It was an amazingly fun film, im so happy that it doesn't ask you to leave your brain at the door.

Hitchmeister said:
I want to turn the last title card around a bit. "Come on, Warner Brothers, up your game!"

They can do it. The problem is they try too hard. They keep swinging for the fences with huge budgets and striking out. Marvel movies only got good after a decade or more of low budget crap making every mistake they could. WB needs to back a string of modestly priced, not necessarily blockbuster DC super-hero movies until things start to click. Then they might be able to mount a Justice League movie that will be worthy of debating whether it matches or beats the Avengers.
I think WB should just quit the Live action game and give a big ass budget to Bruce Timm and the WB animation team, to make Feature Length animated movie.

Sep 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I haven't seen Iron Man 2, Thor or Captain America yet, but I have them all ready on standby.

Me and my fiancee are gonna sit down, watch 'em all, then go see The Avengers.
...where have you been the past 5 years? Just..

SEE THEM ALL. NOW.

OT: for once i agree with you bob, quite possibly my favorite movies in the past half decade or so, they did so many damn things right it is mind bogglingly awesome.

every cent this movie makes is well earned.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I have better things to do than boost Marvel's chronic narcissism. After four lackluster movies there is NO WAY that this makes up for them. Now that this is done I can just wait until Dark Knight Rises comes along and then watch as the comic book movie bubble inevitably bursts.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
"Let's keep these things coming"

Agreed. I would so love to see a movie about Hank Pym. He's one of the most interesting Marvel characters in my mind.

Mostly though, it's time for Marvel to start taking back some of the wayward children. It's time to bring the Fantastic Four and the X-men back under the wing of the parent company. Now that they have this whole movie making thing down, it's time to stop letting Fox fuck around and half ass them. And for the love of God, stop letting Sony shit on Spiderman!!!

Sep 14, 2009
TheKasp said:
The magic object is seen first in Thor. During one scene in the treasure room the camera goes by and it is in the hidden scene after the credits. *nitpick*
if you are going by actual storyline timeline, it appears in captain america first.

*scratching your nitpick as it turns into a open wound sore*

Dec 14, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I haven't seen Iron Man 2, Thor or Captain America yet, but I have them all ready on standby.

Me and my fiancee are gonna sit down, watch 'em all, then go see The Avengers.
...where have you been the past 5 years? Just..

SEE THEM ALL. NOW.

OT: for once i agree with you bob, quite possibly my favorite movies in the past half decade or so, they did so many damn things right it is mind bogglingly awesome.

every cent this movie makes is well earned.
I just really never got around to seeing them.

I'm not one to rush to the cinema unless it's something I really want to watch.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Frostbite3789 said:
I loved the mid credits scene. Thanks to you I got the double meaning.

Ha. He wants to court death. I GET IT.
Wait, I don't get it. I mean, I get that
that guy was Galactus, but I didn't know that the courting death line meant anything deeper. What's it supposed to indicate?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Please tell me that end credit scene you had mention is in the US only. I was glad that other scene appear during the credit and I was in a hurry.
Also man the way you describe make me want to watch it the second time already.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Dr Snakeman said:
Frostbite3789 said:

that guy was Galactus, but I didn't know that the courting death line meant anything deeper. What's it supposed to indicate?
Well...

It was Thanos not Galactus. And he is literally in love with Death. Death is a woman in the Marvel universe. He wants to court her.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Ahhhh! I can't wait! I'm glad they didn't mess it up after all of the buildup. Tomorrow is the DAY!

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Dr Snakeman said:
Frostbite3789 said:

No that wasn't Galactus, it was Thanos. The deeper meaning to the line "...is to court death" is that in the Marvel universe the physical embodiment of death is a woman (called death) who Thanos is in love with.

You can go read MovieBob's Intermission for more details on what it is all about.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Draconalis said:
The after credits scene for the avengers was the best scene to ever scene in scening history.
Yeah I wonder how HISHE(How It Should Have Ended) will do there Avengers episode now.

Though this wasn't what I was expecting to see start it off...​

Sense Batman & Superman basically spend as much time in the Café in HISHE as they do the WatchTower or Hall of Justice in there own media I wonder if they'll call out the Avengers as stealing there bit or talk about how Clark and Bruce never actually eat anything whether it's because of slow service for not doing a team up movie yet or because they just haven't wanted to eat there I'd also think all 8 or 9(Nick Fury too)of them just eating together might be funny again.

RaggedKarma

Jan 21, 2011
Dr Snakeman said:
That was Thanos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos). Behold the chin!

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
ZZoMBiE13 said:
"Let's keep these things coming"

Agreed. I would so love to see a movie about Hank Pym. He's one of the most interesting Marvel characters in my mind.

Mostly though, it's time for Marvel to start taking back some of the wayward children. It's time to bring the Fantastic Four and the X-men back under the wing of the parent company. Now that they have this whole movie making thing down, it's time to stop letting Fox fuck around and half ass them. And for the love of God, stop letting Sony shit on Spiderman!!!
Despite what they may claim First Class has to be a reboot of X-men and that was a damn good movie
Dr Snakeman said:
Frostbite3789 said:

Yep the guy was actually
Thanos the Mad Titan

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Killing_Time said:
I am totally willing to bet that there'll be a scene after the credits of The Amazing Spider-Man that reveals he will be in The Avengers 2.
Unfortunately Marvel doesn't own the movie rights to Spider Man. So he won't be showing up with the group for a long time.