Escape to the Movies: Avengers

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
The Avengers might just be the best movie ever. It certainly was probably the best cinema experience of my life.

Thank God for Joss Whedon. And for once, thank god for the executives with enough brain to let him take the reins.

Comando96

May 26, 2009
Before: Please don't suck. Please, please don't suck.

After: YYEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! It apparently doesn't suck! :D

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
The only real complaints I had with the movie was a plothole in regards to the Hulk, and that the 3D looked awful and was awkward and distracting. Otherwise, I had a helluvalot of fun with it :3

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
arc1991 said:
And Iron Man 3 ;)
That too of course :) But I'm more of a Thor (and Loki) girl- I love the combination of fantasy and superhero-ness and... I should shut up before I get too excited :p

Probably going to see this a third time this weekend (visiting my sister). I want to fully enjoy the fact that there's finally a movie worth seeing in the cinema after something of a drought (for me) these last few months.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
DPunch4 said:
Taking a girl to see this is going to be awesome/awful. We're both going to love it for sure. But how can we make out when we're both glued to the big screen?
Me and my girlfriend had this problem, and it only made matters worse due to the fact we were both wearing 3D glasses. Just pick the moments where not much is really going on and you'll be fine.

Aussiejed

Sep 7, 2010
Saw it and in Australia, the 2D version I saw had the mid-credits extra scene but not the final after credit scene. I guess I'll be looking that one up on Youtube.

Loved it. There were moments, especially with The Hulk, where I actually made an audible "Woah!" I have not done that in a movie in a long time, I was that invested. I even liked Tom Hiddleston as Loki, I thought he was rather wet in Thor but he stepped up in this to a proper level of bad guy.

And I thought Mark Ruffalo was great as Banner and they did The Hulk right, finally.

"And Hulk?"
"Ugh?"
"Smash."

I cheered.

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
This was a very fun and enjoyable movie ride with some great and oftentimes funny character dynamics and very stunning visuals; it was a superheroe movie in every sense of the word. But for whatever reason, the 4 friends I took with me to see this didn't care for it at all, two even disliked it, and other than the glaring plot-hole of the hulk suddenly being mostly friendly with his fellow heroes in the final battle despite the fact we had no indication earlier that he was able to control who he attacked (indeed, a big deal is made out of it), they gave no real reason besides some corny dialogue and 'over-reliance' on CGI. Personally I just think most of them are stuffy prigs who can't just relax and enjoy some fairly light and raucous entertainment and need much of what they watch to have deeper inner meaning and more cerebral themes. I'm not trying to excuse mindlessness (transformers anyone) but just letting go of any of your preconceived notions about what your going to watch is very important and they all went into this films wanting not to like it, so they didn't. Just felt the need to rant a bit about my friends, I really need to make some more who understand where I'm coming from.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
YodaUnleashed said:
Personally I just think most of them are stuffy prigs who can't just relax and enjoy some fairly light and raucous entertainment and need much of what they watch to have deeper inner meaning and more cerebral themes.
Some people just do not enjoy turning their brains off. It is not a pleasant sensation for everyone. :)

I think the movie would have been better, if it ended an hour sooner.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i agree. this movie is awesome. watched it on the 26th last month and enjoyed the whole ride. even when im not a huge fan of the comics, its just a joy to watch this movie.
the hulk really smashes things up and i just coulndt stop laughing when hulk..... i better dont spoil this part. :p

oh, i think you should have watched the previous movies to understand the background of the characters more. otherwise it might be a little bit confusing.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Zenron said:
I'm english so I've seen this already. Was looking forward to seeing Moviebob gush about this movie like a fanboy because y'know, this movie is great and totally deserves it.
To be fair, after all the hype he'd invested into it, it could be total ass and he would probably still run with the praise.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Yeah, First Class was good. But seriously, how long did it take them to get to that one good X-men movie. The original 2 seemed OK in a world before the Iron Man movie was a thing, but looking back on them today they don't hold up. At least not in my opinion. The titles said X-men, but what it came down to was 4 Wolverine movies.

By my count Fox is what, six-to-one against on Superhero movies? If I'm wrong then I apologize but there were four X-men movies ranging from "OK" to "Horrible" and 2 God awful Fantastic Four movies (that's Fox too, right?) before First Class came along. I enjoyed First Class, but it's the anomaly not the rule as far as I'm concerned. I'd love nothing more than to see the rights revert back to Marvel now that they have this whole movie thing down to a science.
True, but with First Class they have the foundation to start making good movies. The only thing that confuses me is that they seem to still be planning on making another Wolverine Origins and another of the other X-Men trilogy. I was always under the impression that First Class was rebooting the series after the tragedy of X3 and Wolverine.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Don Reba said:
Some people just do not enjoy turning their brains off. It is not a pleasant sensation for everyone. :)
Personally, I'm surprised this is ever really considered a good thing. Almost anything is good if you just "turn your brain off." Why even discriminate on the basis of which movie you're watching? Pay ten bucks for some shiny objects and flashy lights.

On the other hand, I was the one who suggest Star Wars: Episode III could redeem itself by being nothing but 90 minutes of lightsaber battles...

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
Yea This movie rocked.
I wonder what Thanos is gona do now he showed up in the end credits bit.
I liked Thanos as a bad guy, so badass that death became his girl friend, should be a hell of a fight :)

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
On the other hand, I was the one who suggest Star Wars: Episode III could redeem itself by being nothing but 90 minutes of lightsaber battles...
Dark Resurrection Vol. 0 comes close to this ideal, actually.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
person427 said:
arc1991 said:
Eamar said:
No way was Wheldon this much of a genius? Surely?
The Justice Friends were supposed to be a parody of the Avengers. Iron Man's counterpart wasn't dexter though, it was Living Bullet.
Yeh i know, but if you look closely, each character has pretty much the exact same pose as there counterpart!

And the fireball hitting the building in pretty much the same area over Captain America and whoever the other guy is!