Escape to the Movies: Bad Lieutenant

jebbo

Jul 17, 2009
This has absolutely no set UK release date anywhere. When does it come out?!

IactoSophos

Apr 3, 2008
Oh man, that clip at the end 'his soul is still dancing' just made me crack up. Can't wait to see this film!

teletran3

Sep 10, 2008
"His soul is still dancing." Yeah, that's messed up, and I don't think I could see anyone else say that besides Nic Cage. He has crazy down better than anyone.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
"Shoot him again"
"What for?"
"His soul is still dancing."
The only way that line could ever work is if you look and talk as if you're out of your freaking mind. And Nic nailed it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Well, I was planning on avoiding this movie like a hooker with Herpe-gono-syphil-AIDS but I've changed my mind after this review. I'll instead wait until it hits the cheap theater and then wait for the following Tuesday when they drop the price to $2/movie.

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Pugiron said:
That's why Anthony Hopkins is an oscar winner and Nicky Cage is a Razzie winner (or should be, I don't care enough about him to look it up).
Cage has been nominated for a Razzie only twice, for Wicker Man in 2006 and for all three of his "big" movies in 2007. He didn't "win," those honors went to Marlon Wayans and Eddie Murphy, respectively. At this time, he's never "won" the award. He did, however, win an Oscar in 1996 for "Leaving Las Vegas" and was nominated again in 2003 for "Adaptation."

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I am sure it is a good film but the only thing that stops me from seeing it is Nicholas Cage. I mean the way he acts is like you seen one of his films it feels like you seen them all.

Yelchor

Aug 30, 2009
Hollywood does indeed seem to test new waters on all sorts of fronts. It's about time! This might be one of the more bizarre ones, but I might get inspired by watching it.

Oooh! The Rock was a milestone in Nicholas Cage's career? I have seen the movie many times. A beautiful soundtrack and a colourful combination of actors. Manys scenes made your spine chill! What I find interesting about it was that The Rock was directed by Michael Bay if memory serves me right. How come he hasn't implemented such kind of depth in his latest works? The Rock shows he's talented in my opinion!

Theistic

Oct 27, 2009
MovieBob said:
Pugiron said:
That's why Anthony Hopkins is an oscar winner and Nicky Cage is a Razzie winner (or should be, I don't care enough about him to look it up).
Cage has been nominated for a Razzie only twice, for Wicker Man in 2006 and for all three of his "big" movies in 2007. He didn't "win," those honors went to Marlon Wayans and Eddie Murphy, respectively. At this time, he's never "won" the award. He did, however, win an Oscar in 1996 for "Leaving Las Vegas" and was nominated again in 2003 for "Adaptation."
I've never posted in the Escapist forums before, but I simply have to say one word, that accurately describes my feelings after this little snippet of information.

Zing!

Edit: Sometimes, being dense is irritating, so I'll try to comment on the actual review.

I found it quite strange how it felt like you drew out the introductory commentary out a bit, but a great review. I've always been a fan of most of Cage's movies, e.g. Lord of War.
That last clip from the movie
I probably wouldn't have watched the movie based from the review alone, but that little clip at the end?
I'm sold.

KoRMorrigan

Dec 16, 2009
I'm not a fan of Cage at all, and I wasn't expecting much from this movie, but I'm really glad that I watched it. I thought it was really good. Someone actually managed to put Cage into a role in which his behavior seems natural.

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
VioletZer0 said:
I just had a grisly thought...

Michael Cera as an action hero. :eek:
Well, he IS going to play "Scott Pilgrim," so that's kinda halfway there although it's in a mostly-kidding way. Hell, McLovin is playing an R-rated superhero in "Kick-Ass," so anything is possible...

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
You, my good Sir, have convinced me that this would be something worth seen this weekend // I was goin to skip over if, thinkin like most other people that is was 'just another cop movie' But you have turn me on to the good point and I hope that it does not disappoint

-M

chenry

Oct 31, 2007
This movie was absolutely... weird. I honestly didn't understand what was going on. This movie was either completely brilliant, or utterly retarded. It was fun, that's for sure. But that doesn't mean it made any sense.

Cage was outstanding though.