Escape to the Movies: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Apes With Machine Guns

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
Thunderous Cacophony said:
IanDavis said:
Do I have to have seen the previous one first?
Not really. I'm pretty sure that most of the emotional beats (Caesar watching a video of him and Franco with tears in his ape eyes) are pretty easily understood, and I think the rest of the plot holds up on it's own once you accept the basic premise.

OT: Surprised that Bob was so enthusiastic about the first one. I saw it at the time and thought it was good but not as good as Bob paints it. Maybe I'll go rewatch that.

Anyways, I just hope that at some point they do finally do the actual Planet of the Apes movie they are building to. I don't particularly want to see it, but I also don't want an endless stream of prequels.
Its a weird series it seems. I mean the way its playing out and the way some people have the flow chart set up these films may be a reboot but they do actually lead to the original films series which then rewrites its own history after the second one. I don't know what's going to happen but if they essentially do certain things right all the Apes films produced, save for Tim Burton's, would be in the same timeline/continuity.

Coruptin

Inaction Master
Jul 9, 2009
why do you guys think apes on horses shooting guns are cool?
i just don't see it. the simian silhouette is too similar to human for me to see it as anything extraordinary. monkeys are just visually dull. they're hairy humans without any of the things that might make a person interesting.

i guess what i'm saying is, let's scrap planet of the apes. let's make a planet of the arthropods.

Jakerscythe

Apr 10, 2014
I thought Rise was an unbelievably dumb movie that tried way too hard to manipulate our emotions. Definitely gonna skip this one. Apes on horses dual wielding automatic weapons looks lame beyond belief. Maybe I'm getting too old for this.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
This is what Avatar should have been, a realistic look at two sides trying to survive but mistrust and old wounds risk upsetting a fragile peace, rather than a black and white morality play for infants.