Escape to the Movies: Daybreakers

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Meh, I saw the movie and found the plot very fickle.

Premise sounded awesome just like the movie Underworld, but they fucked up the execution....like the movie Underworld....=/

Fists

Apr 16, 2009
that makes me almost as happy as twilight made me angry, I'm pretty speechless about both.

Emblem64

Jun 16, 2009
While I agree that it is a pretty good movie, I don't think that it's THAT good. I found most of the gore humorous and exploding vampires.... really? EVERYTHING explodes in this movie. It was not at all the type of movie I was expecting, though I did appreciate the anti-twilight aspect of it. I also found it absolutely hilarious that the protagonist's name was Edward hahaha

coblen

Nov 18, 2009
Well I did enjoy this movie one part always bothered me. There running out of blood?
I don't understand how this is possible. Human blood would be more sustainable then other live stock, because you do not need to kill them to get food from them. If they just kept all the woman pregnant all the time then they would over produce there needs so quickly. you can drain blood from them from the point there born to the point were they die of old age. These vampires are not supposed to be stupid but that one flaw makes them seem so dumb. other then that the movie was pretty good.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Must see tonight.

My feeble Twilight-hating mind will not care about any flaws that are committed, and such things will phase right through my sub-conscious.

I wanna' see a vampire-action flick, and then tell everybody I know who likes Twilight why they're only allowed to see it if they renounce Twilight. I'll say it's a rule.

That may sound cruel, but they're Twilight fans, not people.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
...I think I may have to see this.

It's also from the guys who did Undead, a pretty awesome movie that cost about a fiver to make and was all shot in a load of backyards. I'm excited for what these guys do next.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Vampires that are actually vampires?? It's about fscking TIME!! Underworld got points from me cause it came the closest to vampirism as the modern vampire movie gets. But finally a movie that doesn't fsck with the mythos, and tries working with it? YES! Thank. You!

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Looks like my kinda movie!

Are you gonna review Peter Jackson's 'The Lovely Bones'? Because I watched that movie last night and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. Im a big action/sci-fi movie buff but something about The Lovely Bones made me think. There were a couple of things that I found 'unfair' (see spoilers if you have already seen the movie) but overall I thought it was very well done. The 'tween-heaven' scenes were especially great, made me want to explore that whole world up there.

By 'unfair' I mean that The Salmon family never finds out what happened to their daughters body...after all the effort Mark Wahlberg (aka Mr. Salmon) went through you would think that he at least finds the body of their daughter to give her a proper funeral :(

Ah well, at least that fuckhead paedophile/rapist/murdering psychopath got his in the end...what goes around comes around

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Well I just went to see Daybreakers.
And you know what? Yeah, it was good. Maybe not Godzilla versus Transformers good (unless Michael Bay directed) but yeah, it made for a good film and I loved seeing all the innovations of vampire lifestyle. And those feral vamps, oh-ho god the feral vamps were awesome.

My two complaints, minor as they may be, are that the plot could have had a few more turns thrown in, and I was expecting it to be more of a horror as opposed to an action film- but those are based upon my presumptions, so I can't fault the film for it.

Oh and the mentions to Twilight are obvious from the name of the main vampire- Edward. And my god, does this film fix the broken shards of the undead. That's right ladies and gentlemen:

Vampires are cool again.

I throw down a good 8.5/10 for this one, and I don't give my scores lightly- not that you care but hey, it's positive reinforcement. Definately on the must see list and one of the only films cirrently worth seeing. Prepare for a gruesome good time.

paralost

Aug 7, 2009
man this is so exciting to see a good review on this film i wasn't sure, but this made me definitely want to go.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Has the ending been extended, because when I saw how much time there was left, I was sure there was going to be an "oh, wait, almost forgot" thing after the credits began. anyways, looks like a damn good movie.