Escape to the Movies: Detention & Lockout

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Detention & Lockout

On a slow week MovieBob takes a look at some of the other movies out there.

Watch Video

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Getting acquainted with Fez even if the designer of it is a flaming prick that made comments bordering on racist with the Japanese games industry. Anyway slow week, but at times ya need a break.

tensorproduct

Jun 30, 2011
I saw the European cut of Lockout here in the UK and it's not all that. It's probably better in a lot of respects than Fortress 2, but it suffers because I'm no longer 12 years old. Losing the violence (most of which is pretty mild) would make it completely pointless though.

Kill List, on the other hand, is fucking awesome. I'm still shaken by it, and it's months since I saw it.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
If the Juno chick gets killed I'm in for Detention.

Cause seriously fuck that movie.

Also Hey Bob how do you feel about the "Escape from New York" remake?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
This may as well be a Detention review seeing how Lockout only took 1/3 of the video but yet again it seen you pretty much said all you want for Detention.
So is next week review will be The Avengers?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Whoever owns the movie rights to Archie, I'm just glad he has decided he doesn't want or need millions of dollars. The last thing I want to see is an Archie movie. ...EVER.

Anyway that Detention movie actually looks somewhat interesting.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
ElektroNeko said:
Archie the movie...

Indeed, that would pull in big money. And it might be fun to watch too :3
If they did an Archie movie like the Brady Bunch movie, it would be hilarious. Juxtaposing idyllic 50s culture against modern sensibilities.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
When I heard that comment about Fez, I knew it wouldn't be too long before SOMEONE criticized you for daring to buy it because THAT GUY IS A RACIST BWAAAAAAH. And I was right: fourth comment in and it has already started.

Seriously people, the guy that made Megaman said the exact same thing... and he's JAPANESE. Guess he must be racist too huh?

Saying that most modern Japanese games suck is not racist. The guy that asked Fish the question got an honest answer, one which you can debate freely: I personally think that there's a lot of awesome stuff that comes out of Japan. But saying that Fish is racist because he has an opinion you don't like or agree with adds nothing to the discussion.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
ElektroNeko said:
Archie the movie...

Indeed, that would pull in big money. And it might be fun to watch too :3
youve never seen the live action Archie TV show. That was depressing.

Betty is a small school teacher in an abusive relationship, Jughead is divorced and lacks a relation with his son, Veronica is a 4 time divorced sex addict, Reggie I think is dead, it all happens on the anniversary of their high school graduation, Veronica and Betty are messing up Archie's life by trying to have sex with him, and Archie is about to be married, and start a new job as a big time Lawyer. Also Jughead's son tells him he cant dance or sing, despite being in a band at one point.

Kenkaku

Nov 7, 2007
scotth266 said:
When I heard that comment about Fez, I knew it wouldn't be too long before SOMEONE criticized you for daring to buy it because THAT GUY IS A RACIST BWAAAAAAH. And I was right: fourth comment in and it has already started.

Seriously people, the guy that made Megaman said the exact same thing... and he's JAPANESE. Guess he must be racist too huh?

Saying that most modern Japanese games suck is not racist. The guy that asked Fish the question got an honest answer, one which you can debate freely: I personally think that there's a lot of awesome stuff that comes out of Japan. But saying that Fish is racist because he has an opinion you don't like or agree with adds nothing to the discussion.
You mean Keiji Inafune? He didn't say the same thing; he said the Japanese industry was falling behind and offered reasons why. All Fish said was, "I'm sorry, Japanese games industry, but your games are f*cking terrible."

Want a direct quote? Here you go:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-07-fez-creator-phil-fish-declares-modern-japanese-games-just-suck

"I'm sorry Japanese guy! I was a bit rough, but your country's games are f*** terrible nowadays."

Though I don't care too much about him or Fez, it baffles me that he says this despite copying Cave Story's art style and pretty much every 80's platformer that came out of Japan. Even the whole perspective shift was lifted straight from other games.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Kenkaku said:
You mean Keiji Inafune? He didn't say the same thing; he said the Japanese industry was falling behind and offered reasons why. All Fish said was, "I'm sorry, Japanese games industry, but your games are f*cking terrible."
And Keiji Inafune agrees with him.

He's not the only one, either. While interviewing Keiji Inafune yesterday, the Mega Man creator laughingly shot out the word "sucks" as soon as I mentioned Fish's name. Inafune said that he completely agrees with Fish's comment. "I want to give him a round of applause because it's a very brave action of giving an honest criticism," Inafune said.
http://kotaku.com/5891962/fez-creator-says-people-have-gotten-his-japanese-games-suck-comment-all-wrong

Your point was...?

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Agent Larkin said:
If the Juno chick gets killed I'm in for Detention.

Cause seriously fuck that movie.

Also Hey Bob how do you feel about the "Escape from New York" remake?
Ellan Page? I know she gets shot and killed in
Super