Escape to the Movies: Everly - Salma Hayek Kicks All Of The Ass

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Meh, while the footage here looks markedly better than the footage previously shown on The Escapist, I still find myself unimpressed mainly because I just don't buy Salma Hayek as a capable ass kicker/killer. There are a bunch of women out there that I would believe in this sort of role, but she's just not one of them and that renders pretty much the entire movie as moot to me.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lol. got wrong turn 1 and 2 on dvd. the rest are really bad.

well, good to hear that the movie is a joy ride. she is hot and always nice to see hotties kicking ass. so far my cinema doesnt have it yet on the "coming soon" list but i hope this will change soon.

Broderick

May 25, 2010
Piorn said:
Wait, woman of color? Does she fight using crayons or something?
The movie looks great, though.
Basically, "women of color" describes a women who is not white. It is a less "offensive" way of saying she has darker colored skin. PoC(person of color) is a general gender neutral term describing the same thing. Of course, when I hear/read people say PoC, it just reminds me of the segregation era term "colored", which was used more as a an insult rather than a descriptive term. Unsure why many people decided to go with PoC considering it sounds pretty close to colored.

Movie looks pretty fun, might give it a watch when I get the time.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Salma Hayek running around in skimpy outfits with her tits hanging halfway out for the whole movie? Fucking sold.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
I... don't know, it's not enough for me anymore to have an action movie with action in it, the action needs to be choreographed by a master, it needs to be suprising and inventive.
Basically, Ong Bak 2 ruined movies for me forever, because nothing will ever be as good.

Tormuse

Nov 18, 2009
This movie looks seriously awesome! :D I can't find showtimes listed for it anywhere, though. :| I hope that means it just hasn't come out yet around where I live, 'cause I'd love to see it! :)