Escape to the Movies: I Am Number Four

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
I Am Number Four

This week, Moviebob reviews a surprisingly likable movie adaptation of I Am Number Four.

Watch Video

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Hi, sorry for commenting before watching but I'm having an issue watching the review, it won't play and I'm commenting because this has been going on non-stop for me since Tuesday.

Here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/help] is a link to the video help page. If you go through all of that and the videos still don't work, then feel free to use the contact form linked to on that page to contact the Tech Team about it. Mod.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Oh god. High School drama...Not more High School drama!

Bulk & Skull had fantastic theme music, btw.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
First I was shocked by Stephen Fry as a tag... lol

Sad that Timothy Olyphant wasn't mentioned once.

I keep hoping he'll get a supremely awesome breakout role that'll land him more flicks. Pipe dreams I guess.

Happy Birthday Bob!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Happy birthday in advance!
Now this is annoying, should I watch it or not? *Remembers Michael Bay directed it* Eeh, I think I'll pass...

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
why was Stephen Fry a tag?

Also from what i remember of it the book, it was piss-poor. Not holding up much for this, still, looks better than Twilight.

LittleWings

May 17, 2010
I've yet to see any advertisement for this movie. I doubt I'll watch it at the cinema but when it's released on DVD I might just pick it up...

Also, Captain America. Oh yes!

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
Problem is that we are getting older. As older individual I look for films that are not the same thing I watched when I was 15. You also don't want characters to be blend, moronic and predictable. No amount of special effects works for me.

Jikuu

Mar 3, 2010
Happy Birthday, Bob! Great review. I find your stuff entertaining.

Probably Stephen Fry is a misplaced tag since one of the two fellows writing the book is named Frye. I'm sure they'll fix that at some point. I wish I could see MovieBob review a movie that had Stephen Fry in it. That'd be sweet.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Early Happy Birthday!

And also... Bob almost recommending a Michael Bay movie? Is it Armageddon yet?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Yeah. I'll wait, and rent it. This seems like the kinda movie that works better as a rental kinda deal. Where you can enjoy it as sorta background news and pictures while doing half this stuff with friends and talking.

... Or as one of those made-for-tv movies they show on TNT/USA. Like the Librarian series.

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
Still amazed you haven't reviewed Sanctum yet. Especially since it's a James Cameron movie and it's been out 2 weeks already in IMAX 3-D.

FlitterFilms

Oct 29, 2010
Seeing the trailer and stuff I thought the action elements looked pretty cool but I don't think I have the patience to sit through a high school drama 1st half without having to rip my own face off out of sheer irritated boredom so cheers for the warning Bob, I'll give this one a miss.

Aug 25, 2009
For some reason the only thing I can think of when I see reviews and trailers for this is the movie 'The Covenant.'

Yeah, remember that steaming pile of shit?

So basically this is one I'm going to wait until it's a two quid DVD from TESCOs before buying.

And what the fuck is a riblecia Captcha?

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
Redem said:
Nah nah that's not smallville that's roswelll
This was my first thought as well. All the previews had me thinking of this as basically, 'Roswell: The Movie'

Fun review as always. This'll probably end up as a rental once it makes its way to video.