Escape to the Movies: I Am Number Four

BentSea

May 26, 2010
Happy birthday.. good to see you giving a nod to the quality of the movie from the perspective of the target audience.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
1st half gouge your eyes out horrible, 2nd half ok action packed slug fest, in typical human fashion the first half was so bad he liked the bey inspired big explosion and jailbait hot chicks part by default bringing up the score that much more.

how i call it anyway. :p either way it was not like he recommended it, he just said he did not end up hating it. so if your a teen or pre teen this movie is probably the bomb over the age of 25 or so probably best to skip it or rent it.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
This movie looks like a total rip-off of Smallville, but in generic form and with Michale Bay. I may watch it when it gets broadcasted in TV.
It could've been worse, Shia LaBeuf would've "acted" in it.

Captcha: esengthe frieze

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Huh. Surprising. I would have seen it anyway but now I'm not dreading it.
Onyx Oblivion said:
Bulk & Skull had fantastic theme music, btw.
Hahahaha wow they did! I can't believe I forgot that theme.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Happy birthday on sunday.
Lucky you, you get a new episode of power rangers on your birthday.
Also, Bulk is back!

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
I think people should know a little more about how this movie came to be [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Frey#Full_Fathom_Five], particularly since that's the reason I refuse to see this film. (I'm told it isn't much to behold anyway, by someone I trust who's reviewed the novel it's based upon and says it's mediocre and derivative stuff that you'd see coming out of a writer's workshop... which, given the allegations against Full Fathom Five, makes sense.)

-- Steve

CronoT

May 15, 2010
docsax said:
Man, Bob, what would you do if The Question had never been created?
Then he'd fill all his videos with Rod Serling references.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Serling

Jeffro Tull

Sep 27, 2010
Masters of The Universe... man my generation took to that franchise like crack. You know what I would like? A Masters of The Universe movie that;

a) Does not star Dolph Lundgren.

b) Takes place on Eternia and only Eternia.

c) Has the fucking horde in it. (I know that the Horde became the She-Ra villains, But the Horde were in the He-man action figure line first and foremost)... you know come to think of it...

D) Throw She-Ra in the mix, and make it a trilogy with King Hiss and his crew in part 3... Yeah that would be epic.

This most likely will not happen, but if it ever did you could bet I would be there. A man can dream can't he?

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
What was the picture associated with "space sword" at 4:08 in the video from?

For that matter where were the ray guns shot from too just a few second's earlier? I feel like I know it but I don't recognize it.

onyx452

Jan 27, 2010
To be honest...I was only going to see this for the promise of awesome action in the end with some decent females thrown in for eye candy. To many people in our generation, these types of films are old, tired, and beaten to death but we only say that because we remember our better adaptations of the same thing from yesteryear. To people today, the young less jaded ones who (somehow) can be happy with Twilight-level pandering, this movie just might be awesome. Either way, it does at least look engaging for a little while if you're willing to not dig deeper into the points it fails on.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
Redem said:
Nah nah that's not smallville that's roswelll
This oh so much. Never really liked Smallville much, but my older sister watched Roswell to death so I at least know the main jist of it all. And this basicly sounds like the alien perspective of Roswell, rather then the random human girl.

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
aaronmcc said:
The Long Road said:
Well, I wasn't gonna see it, and the lukewarm review from Moviebob isn't helping the chances. I get the feeling that somewhere out there is one of his previously mentioned Similar Movies That Did The Same Thing But Better. Anyone able to confirm this?
You are thinking of JUMPER, starring Manikin Skyskywalker himself, Hayden Cardboard Box.
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the trailer...haven't seen either, though...and while some decent action can always make me forgive a rather mediocre series, I'm already following plenty of manga and anime that already deliver sooner and better.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Meanwhile in the UK, we get Paul, the new Pegg & Frost movie. I'm inclined to say that we got the better release.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
When are they gonna make a Masters of the Universe sequel!?? I mean they left it open at the end of the credits!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
MovieBob said:
You got to admit "It gets good at the third act" while saying "the first hour is pure torture" isn't a very big point in the film's favor unless your renting it and skipping said first hour.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
It's a Platinum Dunes movie.
I'm obligated to not see it on principle, especially after Transformers 2 raped my brain.