MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
John Wick - Keanu Kicks Ass, Takes Names

Never mess with a hitman's dog.

Watch Video

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Given that the episode was filled with filler, I get the impression that the film is just good but in a boring way. Not much to say about it, but given that it is an action film I don't expect anything else from it, and I might check it out when I get the chance.

Edit: 2000th post, woo!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Oh come on! Seriously, I was expecting today review to be The Book of Life!

Yes I probably will watched it next week but still, I wanted to hear Bob opinion on it!!!

Bindal

May 14, 2012
So, now I basically got yet another reason to snatch the DVD once it's released. Alright.

And for those curious, what the first reason is:
And yes, it's free! [http://store.steampowered.com/app/330010/]

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I would have loved to go see this movie, it looks fun and there is nothing else out right now but I just can't. It makes no sense, I can watch a movie with any kind of body count and not care but I just can't watch a movie where a dog dies. I love dogs and I simply can't watch a movie where they die, it simply bums me out.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
John Wick looks awesome, will definitely give it a look as soon as I can.

That said, bit of a bummer that Bob talks about how great the cast is without mentioning Lance Reddick. Always nice to see him.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
The Avengers trailer sucked, let's keep it real. Disappointment of October for me

Gor Kur

Jul 22, 2013
ROFL! "Best since Punisher: War Zone" This movie is gonna suck and the only reason Bob loves Keanu "Can't act his way out of a wet paper bag" Reeves is the same reason he likes One Direction.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
I'll say what others have said about the Avengers sequel trailer: "Gah!, another movie of them bickering amongst each other most the movie.". Ya, if they do this with YET AGAIN casting Hydra as the central enemy I'm going to be royally cheesed!

John Wick looks like a good Saturday Night popcorn rental, but won't go to the theaters to see what essentially is a Punisher title without the title.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Gor Kur said:
ROFL! "Best since Punisher: War Zone" This movie is gonna suck and the only reason Bob loves Keanu "Can't act his way out of a wet paper bag" Reeves is the same reason he likes One Direction.
Given the general opinion of the movie, you seem to be completely wrong. :p

OT:
Yeah, I'll probably see it. The premise sounded silly enough to be worth watching.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
Seeing as I'm a dog lover, and my dog of 10 years pass away back in may I couldn't watch the trailers after they killed the dog, but it's good to hear it's a good movie.

Also, wait isn't Scarlet Witch an X-men character? I thought she was Magneto's daughter, don't fox have the rights to those characters still?

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
Caught it last night. Exactly what is says on the tin. Amazing action that doesn't let up. Comparisons to super hero movies are odd. Shoehorned even. Just Bob trying to be "the super hero guy" for his movie critic pals.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
WAIT, wait, wait, wait.
Wa~a~a~ait...
There was a good Punisher movie? When did this happen?

Also,
Jman1236 said:
Seeing as I'm a dog lover, and my dog of 10 years pass away back in may I couldn't watch the trailers after they killed the dog, but it's good to hear it's a good movie.

Also, wait isn't Scarlet Witch an X-men character? I thought she was Magneto's daughter, don't fox have the rights to those characters still?
Although they're Magneto's kids they tend to spend more time in the expanded universe, and there's one or maybe two X-men cartoons where they get more than an episode or two. Bob mentioned that FOX and Marvel seem to be in a pissing contest over them, going by Quicksilver's prolonged cameo in Days Of Future Past.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
Oh, another thing: so the main characters motivation is to take revenge on hoodlums who (among other things) killed his dog? So is this a case of a ''Fridged Dog'' or a ''Dog In The Refridgerator''? I guess this movie's one to avoid for animal lovers!

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I've already said my piece about Avengers: Age of Ultron in a previous post. I was hoping for more details for John Wick. A lot of critics are praising it and it looks like a hard-R action movie on the tone of Dredd 3D. I just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as it did at the box office.

So I'd like to address all those reading this thread to get off your butts and go see John Wick this weekend. Do not wait for next week, do not wait for DVD or Netflix or cable. You want Hollywood to support more hard-R action movies that actually fun to watch (sorry, Expendables, but you don't count), then fucking support movies like John Wick. I'm gonna see it this Saturday in a theater that is about one hour's drive from where I live mostly because my neighborhood theaters are stuck replaying the movies from previous releases. That is how committed I am to supporting this movie and I hope you will make the same commitment.

And for those who are under 18 and want to watch it, then go see it. I'm sure a theater playing this movie have employees that could care if you're only 16 and want to see it. But if your theater is strict about no one admitting minors to an R-rated movie, then find an adult that will take you. If your dad or mom will agree to it, good. You can sit in different seats so you won't be embarrassed. If mom or dad say no, then find a less responsible adult in your circle of family/friends/neighborhood (perhaps the local wino will be happy to take you if you buy him a bottle of whiskey).

Yeah, I'm not setting a good example for future generations but I am dead serious about this. Shy of paying for another movie and sneaking in to see John Wick (please don't do that, cause Disney's Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day does not deserve any of your time or money), this is the time to stand behind good hard-R actions.

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
I should reiterate. John Wick is the baddest BAMF you've seen in a very long time. Totally worth your time and money.

Any similarities with the Punisher or any Punisher movie end with "Has guns, kills mobsters."