Escape to the Movies: Paul

erecura

Apr 14, 2011
The wrong term was used to describe what this movie is bashing. Creationism should have been used instead. Creationism is the idea that says the world was created as is by God and is only a few thousand years old. Intelligent design does not disagree with science. It states that evolution, the big bang, etc did occur, they were just started/guided by a higher power/intelligence. In fact, many scientists are starting to argue FOR this concept. Check out Ben Stein's "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed." It interviews scientists, engineers, journalists, and other professionals that agree with this theory.

razing32

Feb 3, 2010
The movie was great. They did get a bit carried away by the pop-culture references but in the end the movie was hilarious and is on its way to becoming a classic in my heart. What can I say , I'm a nerd.

erecura said:
The wrong term was used to describe what this movie is bashing. Creationism should have been used instead. Creationism is the idea that says the world was created as is by God and is only a few thousand years old. Intelligent design does not disagree with science. It states that evolution, the big bang, etc did occur, they were just started/guided by a higher power/intelligence. In fact, many scientists are starting to argue FOR this concept. Check out Ben Stein's "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed." It interviews scientists, engineers, journalists, and other professionals that agree with this theory.
No , ID as someone already pointed out was proven to be the same thing as creationism during the Dover trail. In the book "Of pandas and people" they replaced the word "creationism" with "intelligent design". They went from god did everything to god wearing a lab coat did everything.

Also Ben Stein is NOT a credible source.