Escape to the Movies: Red Riding Hood

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Red Riding Hood

Hey there Little Red Riding Hood, you sure are looking good.

Watch Video

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Definitely was not expecting that. Might be a rental for me when that time hits.

Love the "Royal Guardsmen" tribute, by the way.

Matthew Wilson

Apr 27, 2010
As soon as Bob said 'Damn near a masterpiece' at the end I imagined the film's producers putting that quote on the poster.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
Well, there goes another bit of respect for you Bob. After hating on the King's Speech for being Oscar bait. You call this movie great for being terrible? It's because Amanda Seyfried is in it, isn't it Bob?

themyrmidon

Sep 28, 2009
My interest in this one started when I found out Michael Shanks had a role in it and died when I found out he was pretty much a glorified extra.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I think I shall round up a female friend and go and see this one, even if its only for Seyfried in that outfit, mmmm.

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
I like how you mention it being fair for LRRH to exist for girls since 300 exists for boys.
Double standards suck.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Hatchet90 said:
Well, there goes another bit of respect for you Bob. After hating on the King's Speech for being Oscar bait. You call this movie great for being terrible? It's because Amanda Seyfried is in it, isn't it Bob?
He didn't say the movie was great, just good compared to what it's competing against.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Hmm, well Ever After was basically the feminist camp version of "Cinderella", and I loved that. (It's also one of the few roles I can stand Drew Barrymore in). Maybe this is actually worth a look, if only for Gary Oldman playing crazy antagonist again.

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
Really bob? You chose to review red riding hood over Battle for LA? It just seems like an odd choice. I don't know I just felt like you would have enjoyed B4LA way more then this; also I feel like the escapist community has had more interested in it as oppose to this movie. Just my opinion though, its your show.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
Ach, I was calling people out on assuming that having one person who also worked on twilight automatically made this film terrible since it first got mentioned.

glad I don't have to eat my words.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
I've gained a lot of respect for you thanks to this review. You talked about the quality of the film and made good points, WITHOUT spending 3/4 of the review oogling Amanda Seifried (apologies if that's spelt wrong). I'm impressed. Well done Bob!

As for the film, it's clearly not for me, so I'll be staying clear. Sucker Punch is out the same day that this is in the UK anyway. So I'll be seeing that instead.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
Say what you will MovieBob, I still refuse to see such a stupid premise.

I mean seriously, Little Red Riding Hood? C'mon!