Escape to the Movies: Red

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
I was thinking the review wouldn't be as good based on the trailers... I may just see it now though.
On that last note, forced meme is forced

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
I thought Karl Urban should be remembered for his uncanny impression of the new Bones from Star Trek but I digress.

Oh and Bob, if Nathan Fillion gets accepted for the role (which is a giant WIN in my book), and the movie actually turns out to be a hit, please don't spend half another review whining over why a good Super Mario movie hasn't been made yet. I know how much you love that series, but you already pulled that with Sands of Time and I'm really not looking forward to you doing it again...-_-

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I have been psyched for The Warrior's Way since I first saw the trailer about 26 hours ago.

I.

Can't.

Wait!

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
Finally some good ninja screenstime! Cowboys vs. ninjas eh? When are we going to get the inevitable zombies vs. ninjas movie?
Already exist http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094384/

baseracer

Jul 31, 2009
Oh well, I thought that Jackass 3d would get the review this week. Good review though. Remember, all of those ninjas will get their ass kicked because one ninja is powerful. An army of them is useless.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Karl Urban? I remember him from Lord of the Rings, but I'm pretty sure his definitive role was this:

Rocking the mullethawk. Oh yes.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
I can't say I'm bitter about Judge Dredd when I've seen what you did to your own heroes when it came to their movies. I'm sure it was nothing personal. That aside; do the Empire proud or I'll send the Queen over there to kick some ass. She's a robot, you know, it's how she's lived so long. Yep, a steam-powered robot.

Well, I'm off to fly my umbrella to Ol' Lundun town and 'av me a tea party on the ceiling. Chim-chimeny-charoo, fish and chips, blimey, 'ows ya father? What, what.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
Yes, we are still mad. Dredd never EVER takes his helmet off for people to see who he is. V for Vendetta proved it can work. Joe Pineapples FTW

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
One hundred precent yes to "Ninjas... Damn" That's what got me to want to see it, and thats what is getting my mom to see it XD He she doesn't really care for that kind of thing.

But Both her and I REALLY want to see Red so thanks for telling me it's worth it at least XD

Gutkrusha

Nov 19, 2009
Watched RED yesterday, and I gotta say it's pretty hilarious. Willis and Malkovich deliver their lines flawlessly as always. was great fun, totally worth the 9 bucks.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Drakmeire said:
In reality "Ninjas, Da-- *head cut off by said ninja*
I honestly think there have been better quotes in movies lately for memeic use.
My favorite meme to come out of this year was inspired by splice. It's Adrian Brody... well, being Adrien Brody
<youtube=ygI-2F8ApUM>
and no I don't know why it's so awesome either
Oh dear! That is entertaining! xD

OT: Fast forwarding to the very end; Nathan Fillion is about the only man alive I could stand to see fill the roll of Nathan Drake. :) His talent will be enough to fill any gaps that other actors would let seep through the cracks. And hey, as long as the director treats the movie like any other action adventure movie (preferably the good ones), it should be true to the source material! Let Nathan handle all the Drake stuff, and tada! Uncharted the movie. :)

beema

Aug 19, 2009
I wanted to see RED as soon as I saw the first trailer. I don't know what exactly it was, but something about it instantly appealed to me. Glad to hear it's worth watching. I've got tickets for tomorrow.

The sneak peak at the end looks pretty cool, in a campy tarantino hipster kind of way I guess. Although if Geoffry Rush is in it, I'm down. I'm just worried about the whole pirates vs ninjas internet crowd who will ruin the entire experience for me.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
I just imagined the meme potential of "Ninjas. Damn".

I'll be smiling for the rest of the evening.