Escape to the Movies: Red

=RedMenace=

Apr 19, 2010
"Ninjas. Damn."

Hmmm... Someone draws inspiration from "Amazons Attack" mayhaps?

"Bees. My God." - Batman.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
Hey Britain, are you still mad at us about that last one?
Feh. It was so bad it was quite fun. But yes, I at least am still mad. One for casting Stallone as Dredd (THA LOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRR) and two for MAKING DREDD TAKE HIS HELMET OFF.

He NEVER reveals his face, okay? That's the ONE GODDAMN IMMUTABLE LAW OF DREDD, AND YOU PUNKS BROKE IT!

Tormuse

Nov 18, 2009
I saw RED today and I have to say I wasn't that impressed. It's one of those movies in which the trailer gives away all the best parts. Don't get me wrong; it's got its good points and Bruce Willis looks totally badass stepping out of the spinning car to shoot at his would-be pursuer, but nevertheless, I found it quite formulaic and predictable and halfway through, I was looking at my watch wondering, "When is this thing going to be over?" It's not as bad as Expendables, but I still think Bob is overhyping it here.

Also, I think it's worth noting that Mary-Louise Parker's character adds nothing to the story. She seems to be there just to provide a younger character for the audience to identify with and be a damsel in distress. (and also to show her ample cleavage, and it's very nice cleavage, but I would have liked for her to do more in the movie than get repeatedly tied up and handcuffed)

Nerf Ninja said:
Seriously though? "Ninjas, Damn" is what you consider to be a good quote?
No. It's what *EVERYONE* thinks is a good quote. (Except you, apparently) :p

Ninjas... Damn!

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
For some reason I thought this was a followup to Shawshank Redemption?! It had a character named Red in it played by Morgan Freeman.

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
Did anyone else have to pause the video and place their hand over Karl Urban's face from the nose up after the Judge Dredd Announcement? More importantly, where does one find a picture of that man frowning grimly?

JelloKZ

Oct 8, 2009
I just saw The Warrior's Way yesterday... I didn't think it was bad, it was a little weird... but the line "Ninjas. Damn." does not appear in the actual movie. I was disappointed, in that respect.