Escape to the Movies: Shrek For Ever After

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
I was hoping you'd review MacGruber to tell me if it's slightly misrepresented comic gold or just the same trivial "SNL skit expanded and unrated" dribble. Oh well. At least I know this isn't a great reinvention of the series.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Dreamworks needs to stop milking franchises. NOW.
the 1st was great, and the 2nd had some good bits, but everything after that was just awful :(

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
Ok, i loved the first 4 Shrek films (yes i count the xmas special as a movie also, short or not) and having watched this and the official trailer...

OMG THAT SUCKED!!! and im not usually one for saying this but that just looked aweful. The trailers i've seen dont tell me exactly what the movie is meant to be about which means im stuck wondering what the HELL is going on in the action and why its all weird and messed up.

Maybe one of you guys has seen a trailer that DOES actually explain this movie and could send/show me link.

Terrified Android

Apr 1, 2010
hahah, yeah another shrek movie is just over-kill at this point. i'd really have to agree with what he's saying this time. lets just let shrek die. lolz

BBQ Platypus

Sep 23, 2008
Frankly, this franchise was dead to me about 20 minutes into the FIRST sequel. All the charm that was in the first movie was utterly sucked dry in the typical Dreamworksian second film.

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
I remember back when Shrek was clever and the jokes were funny. Here why commercial success is a double-edged sword as far as movies are concerned, because they lead to franchise milking which generally entail releasing progressively worse sequels which merely get by on the brand recognition and good memories associated with the infinitely superior 1rst movie. Were some of the what-ifs they did with the characters funny, I guess, but that doesn't make up for the sheer amount of crap it's surrounded by!

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
Why no review of MacGruber? It does look funny, and overall reviews look positive (for a comedy). Everyone knew Shrek would suck.

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
obisean said:
Why no review of MacGruber? It does look funny, and overall reviews look positive (for a comedy). Everyone knew Shrek would suck.
Because his bosses tell him what to review.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Another one? The first one was fine, 2 was mehhhh and Shrek 3 was a bad enough to destroy all the love I had for the characters. I didn't need Moviebob's advice to skip this one.

Haha, way to rip into Robin Hood the week after you verbally stabbed it.

It would suck having to compete against Pixar though. Pixar rules. And they do all have the same smile! I never noticed before.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
An alternate title for the movie is "the final chapter" so lets hope its the end.

Freddy and Jason both lived passed their "final" lets hope shrek doesnt >.>

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
After I watched the 3rd movie, realizing it was utter shit, I'm not gonna pay for or watch the forth (hopefully last) one. I know it's a movie for just taking away all the money it possibly can and leaving behind a lifeless husk of a franchise. But, if that's not enough, we can expect more and more, as long as they keep getting money and ideas for sequels...

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I honestly couldn't believe that they were making a new Shrek movie and I knew that Moviebob would have a similar reaction that I did.
Well it's a shame that part of my childhood nostalgia had to die with Shrek but at least Pixar hasn't let me down yet.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
The first movie is awesome.
The second is alright, has some really funny jokes here and there.
The third is redundant and ultimately forgettable. Seriously, how many times did they use that one joke where a character is trying to say something important and keeps getting cut off? I can think of at least three times.

I'm still curious to see this, at least so I can see it all wrap up. I'll probably just wait for it to come out to rent though.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
CK76 said:
Toy Story 3 comes out soon, right?
June 10, to be exact. Unlike most other sequel movies, I have faith in Pixar, and I'm definitely going to see this one.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Eh, personally I feel morbidly obligated to watch this movie. Well, eventually watch it.

And on the subject of "How to Train your Dragon", I personally loved the film. One of Dreamwork's best in ages.