Escape to the Movies: Snow White and the Huntsman

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
malestrithe said:
DVS BSTrD said:
malestrithe said:
Tanooki Mario figure took 23 years to make? I prefer the frog suit anyway because of its wonderful uselessness.

DVS BSTrD said:
Are you team Huntsman or team Charming?
I'm against the pasty looking one, so probably the mighty Thor.
Most men are against the idea of rooting for Kristen Stewart.
I know I don't. She really does nothing for. She is generic Hollywood cute, much like Jennifer Hewitt, Eliza Dushku, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and a lot of shows on TV.
"Cute"? She always looks like she just finished bawling her eyes out before every scene and she probably bleeds chalk. That's not cute unless you have a fetish for drowned Geisha girls.
Dude. I'm not talking about her acting as I've never seen it. I'm just going by the vapid, emotionless stares I've seen in pretty much all of her head shots. That look is the same generic hollywood look that a lot of actresses have.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
That shot at 4:30 couldn't be more Lord of the Rings...

The Nine Companions!...pfft.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
This film would have been better if they had cast someone better than Kristen Stewart as Snow White. Otherwise, this did look like it could have been quite a cool reinvention of a fairy tale for a modern audience.

Personally, Rachel McAdams would have been a good Snow White. I mean, she pulled off the teen look for Mean Girls, why not for Snow White?

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
The movie LOOKS very good, too bad im not the least interested in the story and/or kirsten stewart.

JSW

Oct 7, 2009
malestrithe said:
Do you honestly thing a guy who has a choice between Natalie Portman and Jaimie Alexander is going to give Kristen Stewart a second glance?

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I first heard about this movie a couple of months ago, and when I asked who was in it and what it was about, what I basically heard was that this was a movie about Kristen Stewart supposedly being hotter than Charlize Theron

...my only reply was "So it IS a fantasy movie."

Also, I know this is late (and also totally pointless) but I saw Mirror Mirror the other day at the discount theatre. I know you only did a quick review of that, but I actually thought it was okay. It didn't light the world on fire, but it was a pretty funny little flick and one of the better live action kid's movies I'd seen in a long time.

No matter, I'll probably be passing on this film. Thanks for the review though.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
malestrithe said:
DVS BSTrD said:
malestrithe said:
Tanooki Mario figure took 23 years to make? I prefer the frog suit anyway because of its wonderful uselessness.

DVS BSTrD said:
Are you team Huntsman or team Charming?
Most men are against the idea of rooting for Kristen Stewart.
I know I don't. She really does nothing for. She is generic Hollywood cute, much like Jennifer Hewitt, Eliza Dushku, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and a lot of shows on TV.
"Cute"? She always looks like she just finished bawling her eyes out before every scene and she probably bleeds chalk. That's not cute unless you have a fetish for drowned Geishas.
You don't have a fetish for that?

I am shocked.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Qitz said:
"Christian Stewart, who has no visible, emotional, rational"

Well no shit, it's Christian Stewart, what'd you expect? Acting? PFFFT.
Well she was actually good in Zathura way back before all the Twilight nonsense.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing Charlize Theron play Rita Repulsa.

Incidentally, I want a Tanooki Mario action figure. I never got one 23 years ago!

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
The main thing that confused me when I saw the trailer was the whole armies, monsters, battle business. I guess that's where the Joan d'Arc/rebels thing comes in Bob mentioned?
I think my father put it quite well when I asked what that was all about and he simply said, paraphrased: Battle scenes are great for cinema, it doesn't matter that it has nothing to do with the fairy tale of Snow White, it'll draw in viewers.

MailOrderClone

Nov 30, 2009
If this movie ditched the snow white BS and was just about Charlize Theron as a wicked sorceress queen whose vanity and hubris leads to her downfall, it would probably be much better received as a whole. Hell, I might even be tempted to go watch it.

As for Kristen Stewart, the girl has a career because of her lack of acting talent. She is just there as a stand-in for any female patron. And she is absolutely fantastic at making herself just the right amount of a non-entity to cause said patrons to picture themselves in her role.

Furrama

Jul 24, 2008
Sounds like you're in a little over your head here Bob. You never seem to know what to say when it comes to movies not aimed at guys, and what you do say at times comes off as partially but not exactly offensive, especially when comparing the material to the perceived nature of the "intended audience". It's a little unsettling.

Make like Doug Walker and get you an Nchick for point of reference on these things.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
JSW said:
malestrithe said:
Do you honestly thing a guy who has a choice between Natalie Portman and Jaimie Alexander is going to give Kristen Stewart a second glance?
Thor is a viking god. They are frat boys with super powers that love to party and frolic. Who knows, maybe after 5 rounds of whatever it takes to get a Thor drunk, five 50 gallon barrels of Utiopias maybe, Kristen Stewart might become desirable. He would not be interested in her mind, he'd have Natalie Portman and the other one for that.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
MovieBob said:
Snow White and the Huntsman

Snow White gets another retelling and MovieBob explains why this particular version may or may not be worth your time.

Watch Video
What nothing to say about "Piranha 3DD". :)

seiler88

Feb 22, 2011
I feel more than a little sorry for Stewart. First she stuck with a role that is Emperor Palpatine as a saint. Then she gets stuck in a clone of that role.

Also this is why I would LOVE to get a job on the technical side of movies. I would pay money to hear Hensworth's reactions to being in this movie on the set.

dinggledoser

Aug 20, 2011
Actually bob, this would be the 3rd snow white film. You're forgetting The Asylum's "GRIMM'S SNOW WHITE."

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
jthwilliams said:
MovieBob said:
Snow White and the Huntsman

Snow White gets another retelling and MovieBob explains why this particular version may or may not be worth your time.

Watch Video
What nothing to say about "Piranha 3DD". :)
Common consensus is that 3DD is just plain boring.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Kumagawa Misogi said:
Well you in the US can enjoy this I'm going to see Prometheus in 22 minutes :)
Damn you lucky foreigners! (shakes fist impotently)

I guess it could be worse: I traded seeing this with the wifey (she's a huge Charlize Theron fan) for her seeing Prometheus with me next week. Nice to hear Ms. Theron does not disappoint at least.