Escape to the Movies: Super Mario Bros. (Rough Cut)

gmergurl

Jan 27, 2011
WOW you got me good Bob! Best prank I've fallen for in a long time! Given it's the only prank I actually fell for in a long time, but then when I was telling my other about it... it started to sink in. Made me feel like a total idiot but you did a good job and I'll forgive you! lol hope you put out another one to make up for it! ( :) ) lmao good job though!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Hehe, Clever.

Actually, when I saw 5Ds, I thoguht Yugioh 5Ds, and then I was like, oh... motorcycles. Cause THOSE havent been down to death.

Though F to the Zero sounds like a perfect film for Diesel

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, I have a friend working on the dubbing of The Legend of Zelda, he's kind of annoyed about the casting of Clint Eastwood as Na'vi, but I reckon it'll work.

I look forward to Super Mario Bro's, especially this Smash Bro's project.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
I forgot it was April Fools day. I was wondering why you were pulling a Yahtzee and reviewing something that doesn't exist.

Mister Linton

Mar 11, 2011
That was stupid. This is especially insipid considering there were a couple of new releases this week that could have used a review.

Super Mario Brothers? That's the freshest, funniest thing you could come up with?

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
Holy shit this looks terrible....wait....WAIT.....ohhhhhh April fools....I didn't expect it until he started talking about the other Nintendo movies.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
I wouldn't mind another live action mario.
Some of the stuff you said was lulzy, where as other stuff like removing power ups and koopas would be shit.
Also, I LOL'd at "Don Keikong"

Cheers Bob, great vid

April Fools to all

AssOnFire

Aug 19, 2009
i c wot u did thair

4 real: except for the shy guy costumes, this looks like my worst nightmare

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
This whole thing would have been loads funnier if us guys in the comments sections went along with it.

Just sayin.

Kjakings

Nov 18, 2009
Damn you Bob, damn you to all hell. I was really psyched for this until you started mentioning 5D and Samuel L. Jackson, although I suppose wishful thinking did most of your job for you.

If anyone on the Escapist comes to any position of major power in Nintendo, ram this idea down the throats of anyone who will listen until you get fired.

beniki

May 28, 2009
I would sell my left nut to see a gritty realistic Nintendo film series. The Smash Brother's Trilogy would be the most epic thing Nintendo could do with their characters.

Seriously.

And I'd give my other nut to be on the team that makes it.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
http://www.nerdnirvana.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/106x6vc.jpg

Well done Bob. April Fools joke or no, it still sounds a lot better than the original Bros. movie.