Escape to the Movies: Super Mario Bros. (Rough Cut)

ChicagoTed

Aug 5, 2010
Pretty good april fools right there it actually made me rage when I seen that douche from jersey shore.

Nixzilla

Sith Lord
Jul 21, 2009
impereal guards will kill everyone. [im just mad it took me 2 mins to find out this is fake]

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
I counted 6 just going about 1/3rd of the way down the first page, and some still didn't realize it was a joke.

"How will Nintendo recoup the cost?"

Isn't this supposed to be the irony generation? Oh no, that'd be X. I guess it really does skip a gen.

Ha-ha!

V Gray

Feb 13, 2010
the 4th dimension is time, and the 5th dimension is space, or other possible realities. wow great effect and only for 30$ more?

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Having just got back from a preview screening (sheesh, the admission fee was high!), I can tell you that Bob is once again wrong about a movie, and I'm sick of his Nintendo fanboyishness blinding him to the fact that this movie is an awful pile of tripe, even worse than the one with Bob Hoskins made however many decades ago.

First off, whose idiotic idea was it to reimagine the Goombas as a triangle-helmet-wearing motorcycle gang, that gets beaten by Mario jump-kicking the helmets? I mean, it fits with the reimagining of the Shy Guys as a terrorist cell and the piranha plants as robotic guards dreamed up by a psychotic botanist-turned-robot-manufacturer, but casting Chris Pine as the leader of a motorcycle gang?!

Sure, the cameo by Bowser in a silhouette (and don't even TRY to tell me that's not who that was, you know which shot I mean) was somewhat amusing, but don't even get me started on the art design of the lab where the tortoises are being engineered on. It looks like something lifted wholesale from the set of one of those Science Is Bad movies they skewed on MST3K.

My verdict: Give this movie a miss.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
"F to the Zero". XD I fuckin' died at that. God what I would give for an F-Zero movie. Or fuck, how about a new game? *Sigh* One can dream.

justblues

Jan 11, 2009
i gotta admit i could aee vin as captian falcon. i say we really do try to get that f to the zero movie made

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Man, you had me right up to the point where you pronounced Nova Scotia wrong... well, actually it was pretty obvious from the very first second. Good effort though.

storne

Jul 14, 2009
for the first half of the review uou had me. Then I remembered what day it was. DAMN YOU SPRINGBREAK FOR LOSE ALL TRACK OF TIME!!!

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
Consider I was pranked really good all ready and now this is the second attempt to full me otherwise, Sorry Bob it didn't work.

I was mostly pissed you didn't review Source Code and you used way too much sarcasm and satire to make it work. If you had made it actually sound real it might have worked.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
So I'm assuming that nothing came out this week?

Anyways, really funny though. I hate the fact that Nintendo effectively gave the audience who love Mario (and who are, incidentally, the target audience for this flick) a giant "EFFF YOOOOOUU!!" with this re-imagining. It's like they're ignoring the hardcore movie audience in favour of suckering in casual movie goers or something?