Escape to the Movies: Super Mario Bros. (Rough Cut)

Jan 27, 2011
Honestly....I'm not sure what's worse. This movie, or the OLD mario bros movie.

Because hot DAAAAAAAMN did the old one suck hard. I was a 12 year old nintendo fanboy to the max and even I could see that.

Roggen Bread

Nov 3, 2010
You actually almost had me.

But Martin Lawrence as Link gave the akward feeling you have been producing the last kick down the edge.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Too outrageous. Didn't have me fooled for a minute.

Had me confused for a second though, till I remembered the date.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Best April 1st of all times. The Guild wars new class revelation was pretty well done, uh? :p

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I think if he'd made it more believable, it would have been hilarious. As it stood, one gets the immediate impression that he's just making the most overblown ridiculous thing you can, taking away from the comedic value. If the circumstances and details involved around the movie were more believable for him to be "cautiously optimistic", or if he was outraged by the things presented in this video, we could've gotten something a little more subtle.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
You know how Yahtzee did DNF and everyone loved it... and now it's getting released. Could this go the same way?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
As soon as I read the title I sighed.
April fools sucks, and I like to get your opinion on actual movies I might otherwise actually miss (when they are secretly good) or must not waste precious money on.

I hope you do release an actual review later today!

If you must make jokes, please keep it short and funny, like the new Saints Row 3 "gameplay trailer".

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
It was too obvious a joke before I even clicked the play button, I have seen lots of very funny April fools jokes today but this aint one of em. Sorry Bob.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Prof. Monkeypox said:
While I understand that an April Fool's prank is tradition, I would have been much happier with a standard review.
Have you SEEN what comes out this week?

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
At first I thought he was reviewing the ACTUAL SMB movie but when he didn't I KNEW it was an April Fools joke

LulzOdin

Mar 15, 2011
har har hardy har har XD
Man ain't it a ***** when ur sloppy day just so happens to be April Fools and u keep forgetting that its April 1st today, opening every vid, mail, chat request with serious attitude, only to be fooled AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN by everyone. :'(
No wonder I feel so stupid today.

Saris Kai

Oct 5, 2009
I don't like April fools, I never fall for them but I don't like how it shits up the internet every year more so than it already is when I could care less.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
So, I first saw this and I was like, "hey this looks pretty cool, MovieBob's going to give us ideas of what to expect form a GOOD Super Mario Bros. movie" Then I clicked on the video, read the description and I was like "Oh wow, Nintendo's got a movie division now? Wonder why I haven't heard about it on MovieBob's blog..."

Then while fixing lunch for myself to watch the video it hit me. "Oh... Wait, April Fool's Day. Yeah... I wonder if he'll do those wink wink, nudge nudge, hints to the audience in the video that are really stupid and MovieBob doesn't pull of well at all."