Escape to the Movies: Super Mario Bros. (Rough Cut)

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
Matthew Wilson said:
Damn it Bob, it took me all of 3 minutes to realise you were pulling an April Fools joke.
Hehe good to see I wasn't the only one that took a while to link the surprise of the video to the date it was posted. Good one, Bob! I'd still would like to see it though (without the 5D and the 30 extra bucks for ticket, of course), and I can't imagine how you thought of Martin Lawrence being Link in a Legend of Zelda movie! XD

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I would actually be kind of interested in this movie, maybe not quite so much as the Angry Birds movie but then that's probably not as good as the trailer makes out to be honest.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
There is no way that Nintendo cannot make a continuity filled Smash Brothers Initiative set now.
You're hired.

Do it.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I really wish I'd identified this as fake long before I did, but hey, movie adaptations are weird and horrible enough for this to be genuine somehow.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
I honestly believe that everyone posting 'you almost fooled me', or anything resembling that, is pulling an april fool's themselves. I mean come on.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Heh, Wommy Tiseau. =P

For anyone claiming that people who say they knew this was an April Fool's are lying, come on - you have to take everything around April 1st with a grain of salt, until you can prove otherwise. I know from the minute I saw the title - I mean, SMB again?

At the same time, stop mocking anyone who had the balls to admit they were taken in. It takes a lot to do that on the internets! These people should genuinely be congratulated for their miraculously preserved lack of cynicism =)

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the video - nice one, Bob. =)

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
I am a freaken idiot... Hear i am watching this thing, seeing and hearing many inconsistencies with Movie Bobs ideas about how the mix of movies and games should be handled. Watching something that i can't possibly imagine why he almost seems to be praising it (not to mention all the other bits of idiocy that i would have no doubt called out if i were more familiar with actors and such). And i finally get to the end before wondering when was this video posted anyway.

Good show, you never blinked.

hexFrank202

Mar 21, 2010
Oh my God that was so funny! So so so so so so funny! It was even--just barely--funnier than the ZP Duke Nukem Forever facade, if only because you did a better job keeping the tone of your voice to "totally dead serious".

The second you started talking about the 'rumors' = I smiled
Wommy Tissau = I laughed my ass off
The Situation as Mario = laughed uncontrollably; I slammed my hand against the desk and it still hurts
Ke$ha as princess peach = laughed and cried like a dying animal
5D = exploded in laughter
How 5D glasses are worn = laughed into pure energy
Smash Initiative = couldn't laugh. It was too funny to laugh. All I did was grin and shake my head around with extreme intensity. I was afraid I was going to snap my own neck and die.

Also, I'm surprised he had actually fooled you guys for so long. I knew it was a joke the second I saw the title of the video, I mean come on you guys.

hexFrank202

Mar 21, 2010
Monty McDougal said:
Yeah is was a really funny joke. but it was kinda copying the fake zero punctuation duke nukem forever
It's not like that was the first time anyone ever talked about a movie/game/anything that didn't exist as a joke.

That reminds me of how when Extra Credits first started (when it was on Screwattack and had a different name) always credited ZP with the format. Yeah, seriously. Does anyone think no one ever used still images to illustrate ideas and/or to be funny until Yahtzee did? I adore his show and his style of humor, but people give him credit where credit is not due.

magicringgirl

Apr 17, 2009
haha good one Bob you had me for a minuet but that may just be the young Nintendo fan in me wishing that they would actually make an awesome bunch of Nintendo movies. lol Happy April Fools!

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
What is wrong with me? Ever since I saw this my idle mind has been formulating the plot to an F-Zero movie. The franchise is barebones enough in story that a movie wouldn't get bogged down with a lot of style or character expectations besides Falcon spouting a few Duffman-esque catchphrases.

You have the perfect reason for the racers to carry on melodramatically with each other in public as though they're mortal enemies and using catchphrases- entertainment value, just like wrestling. All the races are held purely for the populace's entertainment. It's only behind the scenes that we would see parts of them beyond the 'personas' they display on the air.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
The guys in Imaginationland not going to like this.

Morpheus, something must be done.

On Topic: awesome joke Bob, I will have nightmares for years now.

HappyDD

Jul 14, 2009
It took me a few minutes to get this one, damn that's good... But probably cause I watched it days later.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
I believed you enough not to watch any of it after the spoiler warning, hours later after thinking about it for a while I decided that it must be an April Fools joke, i'm really gullible but there's no way Ke$ha would play Princess Peach.

Scooter65

Feb 8, 2011
This was largely unfunny. Seriously, april fools jokes are WAY more funny when you don't realize that you are being fooled. This was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen right from the get go. I'm sure you hate the usual comparison to the infamous "Yahtzee" but I must indulge a bit- when he did the Duke Nukem forever episode, it took me a long time to figure out he was pulling my leg, and then it was much more effective because I was "fooled." What you're doing is telling a joke on april fools day. It's the same as telling a joke on any day. No one was tricked.

With that said, there were funny moments. I expect better though. Sucker Punch was terrible, and the fact that you liked Red Riding Hood literally drains your credibility. Are you slipping?

untouchabledragon

Jul 28, 2010
hahahhaha... nice one bob. It's amazing how you can copy zp's original idea of commenting on a video game and turn it into a movie commmentary, and MAKE IT BORING. Nice joke through that last about 5 minutes when it should have only being 12 seconds.